So what Style of ships would you build or buy?

guttertrash

OH, I get it, you meant like a GREAT ship.

Well, in my opinion, there won't be something like "the best ship" in the game. Every ship will have strengths and tactics that go along with it. Which is why I'm fascinated with the endless possibilities that provides. You can have a tank of a ship, or a really nimble one that is like a ninja. Who knows? :P

Yes, and everything depends on the type of gameplay the ship is used for : for example, we can have a big and slow ship for destroying, or a smaller and faster for infiltration.

Work Will commence on the Death Star as soon as possible

"I really wish you could! But the developers said: "No." Porcocorp has been pushing for it since the beginning of Dual Universe time."

"I really wish you could! But the developers said: "No." Porcocorp has been pushing for it since the beginning of Dual Universe time."

A death star CAN be made, it's a matter of a planet being turned into a ship, not vice versa :P

If someone can make a planet-sized ship, sure, but don't expect it go really fast.

These are more along my style of construction, to use for an example. . . The challenge will be for me to re imitate my construction style that I used for them in space engineers over here in Dual Universe.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

That's somewhat similar to what I had in my head. I dig it.

I made 5 ship designs :

2016-31-1470161028-img-20160802-15453921

1470161028-img-20160802-154539210.png

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-31-1470161028-img-20160802-154539210.jpg

1st : no name, inspired by... a Doritos xD Fighter

2nd, 3rd and 4th : Articuno (more manoeuvrable), Moltres (with more weapons) and Zapdos (faster) [yes my designs are just ugly] Fighters

5th : StableMan (other idea of name : Lugia) : bigger ship, stable, fast (I hope), manoeuvrable (same thing), and with more weapons than the three "legendary birds"

Yes I was inspired by Pokemon xDDD But I throught these legendary pokemons are like gods and will be scary for our enemies lol

I made 5 ship designs :

2016-31-1470161028-img-20160802-15453921

1470161028-img-20160802-154539210.png

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-31-1470161028-img-20160802-154539210.jpg

1st : no name, inspired by... a Doritos xD Fighter

2nd, 3rd and 4th : Articuno (more manoeuvrable), Moltres (with more weapons) and Zapdos (faster) [yes my designs are just ugly] Fighters

5th : StableMan (other idea of name : Lugia) : bigger ship, stable, fast (I hope), manoeuvrable (same thing), and with more weapons than the three "legendary birds"

Yes I was inspired by Pokemon xDDD But I throught these legendary pokemons are like gods and will be scary for our enemies lol

Pokemon themed ships?

Sold. I'll buy them just for the name alone. 

I'm of the belief that form will follow function, at least initially, then when I get good with the design elements I will establish some common themes and go from there.  I'm planning on creating "families" of ships with various sizes and levels of complexity, with a different family for each role, whatever the roles turn out to be.  I really hope I get to design some very large and complex ships.

A death star CAN be made, it's a matter of a planet being turned into a ship, not vice versa :P

If someone can make a planet-sized ship, sure, but don't expect it go really fast.

"This is going to be more epic than the Titans of EVE.

i wanna see that power bill lol

"My thoughts exactly."

"

Easily my all time favorite RTS space game. absolutely phenomenal, and the mod community is great too. I highly recommend it.

Played both the star trek and the star wars mods for that game.  Sins is one of my favs.

And gutter .... WTH never played Sins of a Solar Empire??  I don't know how much on Steam but if it is $20 it would be worth it.

For those interested this is the best Sci-Fi ship chart I have ever seen. Or link here.

size_comparison___science_fiction_spaces

For those interested this is the best Sci-Fi ship chart I have ever seen. Or link here.

size_comparison___science_fiction_spaces

i'll take one of each ..... make that two

I'd want two ships one a small attack ship designed to fly in to the target wreck havoc then fly away as fast as possible, two a heavy transport meant to take supplies and materials to my next construction projects. Like these (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nyGOpUEauvs/TxUIJ0tHzzI/AAAAAAAADSs/CqCrt8i9Gz8/s1600/ultra+modern+city+2+futuristic+cityscape+concept+building+design+by+sky+tower+skyscrapers+future+the+twin+towers+spaceship.jpg) And for special occasions I would want this...

https://inspirationfeeeed.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/scifi-luxury-liner.jpg

Question: how can you build cities with only two people? :P

"For one, never underestimate the power of the Aether. Two, there's still a lot of us coming and a lot of time to come. We'll build those cities and crafts. I just hope you can buy them..."