Currency name?

Khaymann

Hopefully there'll be no currency

R U loco bruh? Did the maco reactor poisoned you esse? You are bringing down society shynras, shame on you :P

Currency is highly anticipated to be player (or more accurately, FACTION made) to avoid inflating the market on the same currencyad promot exchange trading, like 1 bar of cereal for 1 bar of chocolate or something, I don't know, I'm not a math doctor.

R U loco bruh? Did the maco reactor poisoned you esse? You are bringing down society shynras, shame on you :P

Currency is highly anticipated to be player (or more accurately, FACTION made) to avoid inflating the market on the same currencyad promot exchange trading, like 1 bar of cereal for 1 bar of chocolate or something, I don't know, I'm not a math doctor.

I have no idea what most of this means. :huh:

Currency - no such standard cash and credit system to be clear as of yet. Trading in a constant resources such as gold as a standard unit of nokia ck100's seems viable though this will need to be decided upon launch by us.

Don't let it be food or perishables

Don't let it be easy to obtain

I propose that when the game comes out (Or at some other point in time), we hold a vote to decide the name of the currency. I'm pretty sure the devs have eluded to being able to sell things at your own shop and things like that. It'd be awesome to some sort of player influence in the game.

I propose that when the game comes out (Or at some other point in time), we hold a vote to decide the name of the currency. I'm pretty sure the devs have eluded to being able to sell things at your own shop and things like that. It'd be awesome to some sort of player influence in the game.

Good sir, a universal currency wil linflate the market. How will you get money anyway? There won't be NPCs in the game. This is why many petition for a faction-made currency, so each nation is in charge of its inflation and giving birth to economic warfare. A smuggler comes into your faction, sells some goods and siphons money away from your circulation. BOOM, your empire lost a percentage of its GDP, now you have to make more of your money to keep the market floating, slowly degrading peoples' trust in your currency. It's another thing to say 100$ US and another to say 100$ Canadian, no? Not to mention incentive for people of one faction to join yours and having factions set up immigration rules, as they won't give you authority to build in their fully conquered planets. And if you build, the bulldozers are coming. 

It's dark, I know, but such is the nature of politics some times. And economics is the quintessential core of a political system, which I won't even join a discussion, as I have on another post with good sir Dygz_Briarthorn.

No official name yet, but unless I missed something, there will be a standard currency.

Currently, there is no plan to enable players to create their own currency, for several reasons:

- Risk of imbalance: If there is something that needs to be stable for a sandbox game, this is the in-game economy. 

- Development priority: Many features are quite long to develop (even the basic ones). And as this type of game mechanics implies a complex game design behind it in order to work well, it would cost a lot of development time. And for now, it's far from being in priorities

- Fun to play: We are not entirely convinced that enabling players to create their own money would be fun on the long run, nor really very easy to understand and master for most of the players (look how the economy in real life is complexified just by that). While we don't want to go "mainstream" in the game design of Dual Universe, we don't want either to go for a game that will only appeal to a very small population of players. We also need numbers to create a MMORPG full of player-driven stories!  ;)

No official name yet, but unless I missed something, there will be a standard currency.

Yeah, which pretty much means we either have to use a certain mineral as currency, something rare, like gold or something.  It's like the WoW gold crisis, where players reached the maximum cap in gold capacity and then the prices on items had to exceed that amount. I will go for the bartering system, exchange  materials for materials, or fuel and elements made by players.

Bartering does seem like the best option at the moment. It's be interesting how people will value different things. For instance a PMC could value ammunition over seeds.

Bartering does seem like the best option at the moment. It's be interesting how people will value different things. For instance a PMC could value ammunition over seeds.

Indeed. That's the correct way of approaching this. Many PMC in our world value operation costs as objects being provided (guns, ammunition, armored vehicles) and THEN charge personel costs. 

I'm talking extended territories. Unless the game will have to force people to go to the starting territories to sell items on NPCs and the grindfest gets so real it's boring. In any case, having a universal currency will be the cancer that may end up making prices obsolete , liike DBZ power levels. I can see it two years after launch.

"How much does this banana cost?" 

"65 x 10^63462614 Space Dollars good sir."

"OH dear, it's a fire sale! Give me 100 of those!"

I propose that when the game comes out (Or at some other point in time), we hold a vote to decide the name of the currency.

That is why i created this thread so we could maybe get a few ideas going, and maybe the devs could help out a bit. I know its really far off but thought it might be a good break from some of the hardcore game mechanic discussions going on.

Hopefully there'll be no currency

There kinda has to be some sort of unified payment method. Though a barter system would be really cool. Maybe a hybrid system where both currency and bartering could take place.

And captain please stop with all the toxicity no one wants that here. If you wish to be a bitter vet elitist go back to EVE or COD. You seem to be the only one here that refuses to conduct yourself in a civilized manner. Thank you in advanced "Good Sir"

There kinda has to be some sort of unified payment method. Though a barter system would be really cool. Maybe a hybrid system where both currency and bartering could take place.

Then, prepare for irrelevant numbers of currency, cause it is going to become a joke once people figure out how to barter.

Then, prepare for irrelevant numbers of currency, cause it is going to become a joke once people figure out how to barter.

Not necessarily, you sir should take off the tin foil hat and stop looking for the worst in every situation.

Not necessarily, you sir should take off the tin foil hat and stop looking for the worst in every situation.

You sound like a person who doesn't know how to calculate one's mortgage and has no clue what inflation is and how it can create economic bubble-bursts. It's like saying I'm speculating if the economy is unstable while the world is still in major recession from the 2008 economic crisis. It will happen, the in-game currency will become just a number with so many zeroes it will be pointless to use it, as you can trade raw materials, things that a community on planet needs and can't procure themselves.

If you think money can solve anything you clearly have not been through the raw camping experience good sir.

You sound like a person who doesn't know how to calculate one's mortgage and has no clue what inflation is and how it can create economic bubble-bursts. It's like saying I'm speculating if the economy is unstable while the world is still in major recession from the 2008 economic crisis. It will happen, the in-game currency will become just a number with so many zeroes it will be pointless to use it, as you can trade raw materials, things that a community on planet needs and can't procure themselves.

If you think money can solve anything you clearly have not been through the raw camping experience good sir.

bit coins can save anything