Bring back element life count/element destruction to PvE.

ZODROT

I really think more balance needs to be done before the repair process is made any more punishing.  

People are going to buy a L core ship, crash it once, and just quit playing rather than spend 12 hours repairing it.  And that's just after the 1st time they crash.

I'm not at all against there being a steep cost when you crash an expensive ship.  But the cost in time and manual labor is way too high right now as it is.

It should be a cost in Quanta, not in clicks.

10 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

It should be a cost in Quanta, not in clicks.

In theory, better scrap should repair faster, and better scrap could be bought with quanta, no?

I'm a mechanic, I want to repair the ship myself, instead of hauling ore to an NPC to make quanta to pay.

4 hours ago, wuselfuzz said:

In theory, better scrap should repair faster, and better scrap could be bought with quanta, no?

I'm a mechanic, I want to repair the ship myself, instead of hauling ore to an NPC to make quanta to pay.

The problem is as the elements get larger, higher tier scrap becomes more of a necessity then a shortcut.  It would take hours to repair some L or XL elements with T1 scrap.

The idea that paying more for higher tier scrap makes it faster is good.  But even when i've paid to speed the process up, there's still an incredible amount of manual clicking involved.

With a smaller ship, being a mechanic might be fun, going around and repairing a few adjusters before takeoff.  But on a massive ship were talking about repairing stacks of 100 wings.  If Large ships are going to have 1000+ elements on them.  There needs to be a way to repair them without clicking every single element one at a time.  

Unless NQ can find a way to make repair a fun/popular gameplay loop, and there's going to be player run garages everywhere, where i can pay a team of 20 players repair my ship in under an hour.

4 hours ago, ExPLiCiT said:

We need a swap out element function to replace broken elements without having to worry about positioning them perfect.

For this there is a repair unit. He will gladly replace the modules for you. Even the ones you didn't ask for )).

If you think this will fix the economy in any meaningful way then, IMO, you are very naive.  It's like filling a bucket with a firehose and complaining about the bucket overflowing then trying to fix that by making holes in the bottom if the bucket.  It is doomed to fail until you make a hole so big that the bucket becomes useless.

But it does seem to be working now, I crashed yesterday and some elements went to 1 life.

31 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

If you think this will fix the economy in any meaningful way then, IMO, you are very naive.  It's like filling a bucket with a firehose and complaining about the bucket overflowing then trying to fix that by making holes in the bottom if the bucket.  It is doomed to fail until you make a hole so big that the bucket becomes useless.

But it does seem to be working now, I crashed yesterday and some elements went to 1 life.

When landing, he hit the ground with a couple of adjusters. At one life has left to unit. It's possible that they fixed it.
However, as you rightly noted, this will not fix the situation. The whole structure of the economy, from the extraction of resources and the introduction of money into the game, needs to be revised. Otherwise, there will be strong imbalances and another erasure will be required.