Jump to content

LAUNCH MAINTENANCE - discussion thread


NQ-Wanderer
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/22/2022 at 4:38 PM, Wyndle said:

On a silver lining line of thinking; As long as the trial server is up and stable during that time it gives us geezers a chance to whoop, er, um, I mean teach the incoming steam players the basics that much longer.

I've put several days into the demo server.  My 3rd screen is littered with notes.  I'm ready.  But honestly can't think of much else I'd want to do in Demo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Will we be able to apply DAC to game time before the server opens to be ready to go as soon as it's up? And how?

 

I'm not betting on it.  I bought a 1 month subscription just to be sure everything will work as expected the moment the servers come up.

 

The lack of a launch time is giving me an ulcer.  I have a countdown timer for 0 UTC - that's about 6pm on the 26th for me.  Going to be VERY annoyed if they don't announce a launch time and I end up spending 14+ hours checking the servers for what turns out to be a mid-day GMT launch.

 

I heard on the Discord channel that the developers have confirmed there will be no headstarts this time.  Imagine the outrage if the ATV group got early access...  Glad that is not happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pleione said:

 

I'm not betting on it.  I bought a 1 month subscription just to be sure everything will work as expected the moment the servers come up.

 

The lack of a launch time is giving me an ulcer.  I have a countdown timer for 0 UTC - that's about 6pm on the 26th for me.  Going to be VERY annoyed if they don't announce a launch time and I end up spending 14+ hours checking the servers for what turns out to be a mid-day GMT launch.

 

I heard on the Discord channel that the developers have confirmed there will be no headstarts this time.  Imagine the outrage if the ATV group got early access...  Glad that is not happening.

Looks like I missed the window to buy a sub before the game releases. That really sucks. I guess there's no chance of getting a good tile again this time :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daphne Jones said:

Looks like I missed the window to buy a sub before the game releases. That really sucks. I guess there's no chance of getting a good tile again this time :(

 

You can still buy time codes here and apply them:

 

https://store.markeedragon.com/affiliate.php?id=946&redirect=index.php?cat=360
 

Think that affiliate is Blazemonger, but you can edit that out if you wish.

 

I bought a 3 month for my son today and he applied it without problem.  

 

You are too late to get the Pioneer rewards - that closed down on the 22nd.

 

Note that is an NQ official time code site - they even reference it in a post on the shutdown.

 

Time is running out to get the beta pricing (e.g. $9.95/month) vs. release pricing ($15/month) - just a day or two to go on that, although any time code you buy now can be applied later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 1:11 PM, NQ-Wanderer said:

Share your thoughts and best beta memories with us down below

 I like the game very much and had a lot of fun while the beta, but I don't understand why every good game must focus so much on PvP.

I've played a lot of sandbox MMO's. If there are PvE servers too, the PvP servers are almost dead, so I can't imagine that the majority wants that.
Bummer.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 8:31 PM, Daphne Jones said:

Will we be able to apply DAC to game time before the server opens to be ready to go as soon as it's up? And how?

 

Possibly I am confused, but I thought that there was mention of a few free days at the beginning  - enough to give us time to apply our DACs? 

 

As an alpha backer I also haven't had a paid sub in operation, and was assuming that I'd be ok to start with my DACs (or would have been clearly and explicitly told that I couldn't -- which hasn't happened).

 

Like you I will be very annoyed if after all this time I end up losing out because I backed the game early. Although that does sound par for the course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2022 at 5:14 AM, Pleione said:

 

You can still buy time codes here and apply them:

 

https://store.markeedragon.com/affiliate.php?id=946&redirect=index.php?cat=360
 

Think that affiliate is Blazemonger, but you can edit that out if you wish.

 

I bought a 3 month for my son today and he applied it without problem.  

 

You are too late to get the Pioneer rewards - that closed down on the 22nd.

 

Note that is an NQ official time code site - they even reference it in a post on the shutdown.

 

Time is running out to get the beta pricing (e.g. $9.95/month) vs. release pricing ($15/month) - just a day or two to go on that, although any time code you buy now can be applied later.

 

I can confirm that, just bought a key and it worked. If you pay in EUR you don't really safe much though. I payed 10,73 EUR and a subscription costs 12,99 EUR

Edited by Hadrac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hadrac said:

 I like the game very much and had a lot of fun while the beta, but I don't understand why every good game must focus so much on PvP.

I've played a lot of sandbox MMO's. If there are PvE servers too, the PvP servers are almost dead, so I can't imagine that the majority wants that.
Bummer.

 

 

Join the crowd.  Alas, the PVP community is very loud, and JC endorsed it as a well of consuming resources and keeping the economy alive.   Alas, it requires balance, and thats something PVP in DU has been struggling with.  I seem to recall a time when you could take an XS ship and simply stop in front of a moving L core ship and destroy it without taking damage.  Those type of issues.  Or my favorite, which sounds reasonable on the surface:  You can lock onto a L core ship from a greater distance than an XS ship.  Makes sense right?  Its larger, should be easier to lock onto.  In practice, it meant an XS ship could mount a L weapon and fire at L ships with the L ship unable to fire back since the XS ship was out of range for locking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Samedi said:

 

Possibly I am confused, but I thought that there was mention of a few free days at the beginning  - enough to give us time to apply our DACs? 

 

As an alpha backer I also haven't had a paid sub in operation, and was assuming that I'd be ok to start with my DACs (or would have been clearly and explicitly told that I couldn't -- which hasn't happened).

 

Like you I will be very annoyed if after all this time I end up losing out because I backed the game early. Although that does sound par for the course.

Because that would be par for the course and I'm not getting a clear answer on the DAC question, I just did the markeedragon thing for 3 months at the beta rate. That should get me in as soon as the servers are up (and I can DL the patch) and give NQ 3 months to explain how to use the DAC to continue the sub.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Samedi said:

 

Possibly I am confused, but I thought that there was mention of a few free days at the beginning  - enough to give us time to apply our DACs? 

 

As an alpha backer I also haven't had a paid sub in operation, and was assuming that I'd be ok to start with my DACs (or would have been clearly and explicitly told that I couldn't -- which hasn't happened).

 

Like you I will be very annoyed if after all this time I end up losing out because I backed the game early. Although that does sound par for the course.

 

Suggest the $9.95 today and just buy a months worth.  You still can for a few more hours.  Its the path I took for my Patron account.

 

Look, this is NQ we are talking about.  Its less than 24 hours before the rumored launch time and we still dont have  A) a new client to download or B ) an official launch time.  These are the same guys that "Announced" the Demo server over a day AFTER it went live on Steam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Pleione said:

 

Suggest the $9.95 today and just buy a months worth.  You still can for a few more hours.  Its the path I took for my Patron account.

 

Look, this is NQ we are talking about.  Its less than 24 hours before the rumored launch time and we still dont have  A) a new client to download or B ) an official launch time.  These are the same guys that "Announced" the Demo server over a day AFTER it went live on Steam.

 

Yeah, good call, have now done it as a backup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forget: how much notice did we have of the "head start" when it went full-time Beta? Was it more than 12 hours?

 

Markeedragon have presented the 13:00UTC time for tomorrow; even if that was "from the horse's mouth" as it were, how much notice would/will we get from NQ that it's not going to happen?

 

I'll see when I get home from work, whether it's live yet...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

I forget: how much notice did we have of the "head start" when it went full-time Beta? Was it more than 12 hours?

 

Markeedragon have presented the 13:00UTC time for tomorrow; even if that was "from the horse's mouth" as it were, how much notice would/will we get from NQ that it's not going to happen?

 

I'll see when I get home from work, whether it's live yet...

1300 UTC is now official.  They announced it via Twitch this morning.  New client expected to be downloadable from Steam about an hour before that.  For the non-Steam users, it was implied to be something similar, but we did not get an absolute on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pleione said:

1300 UTC is now official.  They announced it via Twitch...

 

Wuh? Discord, I could understand. And/or a post on the forum (preferably linked to from this thread). Because those are the things you get to from their own webpage under "community") And something on their own website front page, or at least under "news". But Twitch? As the only medium?

 

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised at NQ's flaky comms strategy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kezzle said:

 

Wuh? Discord, I could understand. And/or a post on the forum (preferably linked to from this thread). Because those are the things you get to from their own webpage under "community") And something on their own website front page, or at least under "news". But Twitch? As the only medium?

 

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised at NQ's flaky comms strategy.

Better - they sent the Twitch notification just as it started.  Fortunately was available.  No real information other than confirming the launch TARGET time.  Rest came across mostly as a reunion, complete with snaps from some of the steamers reactions when unexpected things happened in the past (like getting single shotted).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pleione said:

 

(....)

Look, this is NQ we are talking about.  Its less than 24 hours before the rumored launch time and we still dont have  A) a new client to download or B ) an official launch time.  These are the same guys that "Announced" the Demo server over a day AFTER it went live on Steam.

 

So, are you implying that the servers are actualy online since 25th, but they just forgot to "announce" it?

I guess uploading the new client (or patch for current) was on the same note-reminder 😁🤪

 

On a more serious note, I would not hold my breath for 0 UTC (which had passed like an hour ago), I'd hope for 12, but expect the evening, like somewhen between 18-20.

 

Have a good night/day (3am @ 27th here)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Celestis said:

So it looks as though those of us who generously backed the game will be penalised by our DACs not working in time.

 

It's not exactly a penelty. The DACs will still be worth what they are worth. I'm happy enough applying them later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sephrajin said:

 

So, are you implying that the servers are actualy online since 25th, but they just forgot to "announce" it?

I guess uploading the new client (or patch for current) was on the same note-reminder 😁🤪

 

On a more serious note, I would not hold my breath for 0 UTC (which had passed like an hour ago), I'd hope for 12, but expect the evening, like somewhen between 18-20.

 

Have a good night/day (3am @ 27th here)

 

1300 UTC is the official launch time, about an hour and 15 minutes from when I posted this.   No client update available yet.  Steam is saying 5 more hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sephrajin said:

So, are you implying that the servers are actualy online since 25th, but they just forgot to "announce" it?

In their last live stream it was mentioned that there have been rehearsals for bringing the server up, so it probably was up on the 25th even if not available to the public.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Client update available now.  1.2GB, takes awhile to extract though (over 15 minutes on my SSD).  Long enough that I launched diagnostics to make sure my SSD was healthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Celestis said:

So it looks as though those of us who generously backed the game will be penalised by our DACs not working in time.

I was able to convert DACs to gametime, they just have updated the website. Check under your account there should be a tab called DACs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CaptainKork said:

I was able to convert DACs to gametime, they just have updated the website. Check under your account there should be a tab called DACs

 

Confirmed.  I converted 1 of mine a few minutes ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...