Jump to content

Has anybody gone bust yet?


Underhook
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, as some of you may know I started back about 2 weeks before Demeter hit.   I was not a miner, I didnt like it.  I had been making small amount of quanta trading schematics before I went on my long break.  This to explain that I had 52 million quanta (a small sum compared to some).

I spent some time and quanta redesigning ships and getting ready for Demeter.

I took a gamble and went for the higher tier ores, currently have MU's getting T2 and T3 ore and I have just started a T4 MU.  

However, I'm down to my last 6 million quanta.  Tax is 5 million per week although that money is in the wallet so all good for this week. 

I'm on my way right now (slow boating) to pick up my ore (will be my 2nd load).

It suddenly occurred to me ......... If I get intercepted by a pirate, I may very well go bust.

I would have to build another space hauler and wait another 4 day to a week to get ore again.

Exciting?  yes sort of.  I began to wonder though.  Did anybody make some choices/assumptions that have caused them to go bust.  Or, are you all so busy wading through in pools of quanta that Demeter was just a blip on the screen of your luxurious existence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Underhook said:

So, as some of you may know I started back about 2 weeks before Demeter hit.   I was not a miner, I didnt like it.  I had been making small amount of quanta trading schematics before I went on my long break.  This to explain that I had 52 million quanta (a small sum compared to some).

I spent some time and quanta redesigning ships and getting ready for Demeter.

I took a gamble and went for the higher tier ores, currently have MU's getting T2 and T3 ore and I have just started a T4 MU.  

However, I'm down to my last 6 million quanta.  Tax is 5 million per week although that money is in the wallet so all good for this week. 

I'm on my way right now (slow boating) to pick up my ore (will be my 2nd load).

It suddenly occurred to me ......... If I get intercepted by a pirate, I may very well go bust.

I would have to build another space hauler and wait another 4 day to a week to get ore again.

Exciting?  yes sort of.  I began to wonder though.  Did anybody make some choices/assumptions that have caused them to go bust.  Or, are you all so busy wading through in pools of quanta that Demeter was just a blip on the screen of your luxurious existence.

 

I don't play anymore. I abandoned all my territories on Jago (where I was building Atlantis), on Ion, on Sinnen.
Most of my territories on Alioth as well - I mean I did not put any money in them - so I suppose they are or will be gone. All the money I had (some 30 million) I put on my "hq" territories and since I did not login anymore for weeks now I did not calibrate the 3 mining Units which I had set up because nothing matters in this 'game' anymore. So, fükk it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Underhook said:

Did anybody make some choices/assumptions that have caused them to go bust.  Or, are you all so busy wading through in pools of quanta that Demeter was just a blip on the screen of your luxurious existence.

My total pool of quanta between two accounts has never gone over 15,000,000 quanta at any point and I have been commuting back and forth to close out my tiles outside of Sanctuary.   My main account wallet was stuck below 3 million quanta for a very long time.  I (finally) own one (1) lightly used warp drive but it isn't installed on anything for lack of many schematics and probably a few industry units needed to produce my own cells. 

 

As I stated elsewhere, I went above and beyond to avoid using the central markets for most things but with Demeter I feel that I no longer have that choice.  I have run a handful of safezone missions to see the process.  I planned to only use missions to offset a specific trip's cost going forward.  Having intentionally gone the hardcore solo route I can say that option is no longer viable.  The majority of my skill points were put into mining on my main and element boosts on my alt for ship building.  Now I have next to no incoming ore to work with meaning my entire way of playing the game has been yanked out from under me whole cloth.  

 

All of that to respond by saying that there will always be edge cases.  Some by accident, others by choice.  Due to a small amount of accumulated materials and elements (12-13 large containers full total) I can't say that I have gone bust yet but I can no longer play the way I used to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use the 7 field system, am lucky enough to be able to mine T1-T3 there and bring half of the ore to the market to sell it. From this I then pay the taxes, the rest I put into my construction projects, which are thereby enormously delayed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Underhook said:

So, as some of you may know I started back about 2 weeks before Demeter hit.   I was not a miner, I didnt like it.  I had been making small amount of quanta trading schematics before I went on my long break.  This to explain that I had 52 million quanta (a small sum compared to some).

I spent some time and quanta redesigning ships and getting ready for Demeter.

I took a gamble and went for the higher tier ores, currently have MU's getting T2 and T3 ore and I have just started a T4 MU.  

However, I'm down to my last 6 million quanta.  Tax is 5 million per week although that money is in the wallet so all good for this week. 

I'm on my way right now (slow boating) to pick up my ore (will be my 2nd load).

It suddenly occurred to me ......... If I get intercepted by a pirate, I may very well go bust.

I would have to build another space hauler and wait another 4 day to a week to get ore again.

Exciting?  yes sort of.  I began to wonder though.  Did anybody make some choices/assumptions that have caused them to go bust.  Or, are you all so busy wading through in pools of quanta that Demeter was just a blip on the screen of your luxurious existence.


 

I am part of a small organization, around 15 active players, although now for DU it may be a large organization ...
So, our number of players has reduced very little over the updates because we are putting all our efforts into common for our progress.

I'm not going to expand on the subject too much, but having a centralized industry, an optimized corporate ship fleet (from PvE carriers to PvP ships) allows us to have an economy without any comparison possible with a single player.

=> If you are not ready to lose one or more carriers in a row to pirates. It's that you are not up to the task of exploiting MUs on PvP planets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Knight-Sevy said:


 

I am part of a small organization, around 15 active players, although now for DU it may be a large organization ...
So, our number of players has reduced very little over the updates because we are putting all our efforts into common for our progress.

I'm not going to expand on the subject too much, but having a centralized industry, an optimized corporate ship fleet (from PvE carriers to PvP ships) allows us to have an economy without any comparison possible with a single player.

=> If you are not ready to lose one or more carriers in a row to pirates. It's that you are not up to the task of exploiting MUs on PvP planets.

Maybe I'm not up to exploiting MU's in PvP  space (there are no PvP planets yet) but that was the path I chose before Demeter hit.  I was pretty sure the good ore would only be on outer planets and I was pretty sure T1 prices would plummet.  I didnt count on everything plummeting though  :).  Anyway that was the point of my post, I took a risk, which might be a mistake.  Before Demeter I could afford to lose 10 freighters in a row, no problem.  Now, If I lose this one .... I'm bust.  Who knew, I didnt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

T4 and T5 ore are actually of very little value.
NQ have remove all utility from the voxel.
Items take too long to craft and cost too much to be used on a large scale in PvP.
If PvP teams use rare / exotic in stuff it is because they have very little or no loss. They do not need to replace this elements.
So in reality nobody wants T4 and T5 :)


We got tired of repeating it to all the PvE who complain that the T4 and T5 ore is only in the PvP zone ;)
But yes this ore is almost useless in the game at the moment.
The people cry, farm totaly safe with only nanopack and no ship on roid for escape the risk of PvP and complain the T4 and T5 have no value...

The refuged value is T1 thanks to the bot market buy orders. T2 for fuel and some of T3 for warp cell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

 

The refuged value is T1 thanks to the bot market buy orders. T2 for fuel and some of T3 for warp cell.

 

its almost like if something is CONSUMED it gives it more value.  A better funner balanced pvp even in small cores tied in with PVE crashes killing elements would help in that department.  It needs to be a balanced cycle of things being created, and things being consumed/destroyed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VandelayIndustries said:

 

its almost like if something is CONSUMED it gives it more value.  A better funner balanced pvp even in small cores tied in with PVE crashes killing elements would help in that department.  It needs to be a balanced cycle of things being created, and things being consumed/destroyed. 

 

Nothing will happen. This thing will shut down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprisingly not (although I have spare elements to sell if it gets tight).  I still have to spend 3 or 4 sessions a week getting a months worth of joy time by selling ore, more if I total a ship.

 

Luckily I retooled a ship to take 25kl of weight, so it's come down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But the trend is that many players are now using old money just to stay afloat, and that the margin for error is extremely small. And that is not a good sign in a game that to a large degree is supposed to focus on players having to learn by building and experimenting as they progress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Anopheles said:

Surprisingly not (although I have spare elements to sell if it gets tight).  I still have to spend 3 or 4 sessions a week getting a months worth of joy time by selling ore, more if I total a ship.

 

Luckily I retooled a ship to take 25kl of weight, so it's come down.

25kl.  That's nothing ....  Just kidding, that's a lot of weight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Underhook said:

25kl.  That's nothing ....  Just kidding, that's a lot of weight

I feel sorry for newer players having to shuffle 3 or 4kl a trip in a small core ship, especially if they didn't grab a tile close to a market.  I'm lucky enough to be only 20 km from M6 and it's still a grind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Anopheles said:

I feel sorry for newer players having to shuffle 3 or 4kl a trip in a small core ship, especially if they didn't grab a tile close to a market.  I'm lucky enough to be only 20 km from M6 and it's still a grind.

I remember flying around Alioth in a ship I built that I thought was soooo good.  3 small containers,  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I realized that I would go bust at the rate things were going. Ore prices were crashing and elements produced were not selling well. So I abondoned all my tiles, protect my capital and decided to take a break. There's nothing worthwhile doing in DU for me. 

Forced mining continuously to be able to keep the tiles has made the game mechanics meaningless.

 

I doubt if the NQ management will reverse this Demeter change of taxing tiles and non depleting ores, because that means they have will take big battering on their ego and accept they did it wrong and throw away months of work. If they don't DU will most likey go towards slow death, except for few core players who have lots of time on hand.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...