Atmospheric Airbrakes being Obstructed

Novalok

With the latest PTS, Atmospheric brakes are now being obstructed. As far as I am aware, this was not a change we were warned about, and on the PTS has broken 90%+ of my, and my friends ships. 

If this is intended, this release is NOT the time to make this change. We as players need time to update constructs to work properly under the new requirements, and we cannot worry about making said changes, while we are also trying to test the new elements and systems on the PTS.

While this change does need to be implemented at some point, I agree that NOT BEING TOLD about these changes is what generates poor feeling toward NQ and the game development path.

Change notes, especially for the PTS, need to be mandatory and include ALL changes, not just the 'headline' ones.

2 hours ago, Novalok said:

With the latest PTS, Atmospheric brakes are now being obstructed. As far as I am aware, this was not a change we were warned about, and on the PTS has broken 90%+ of my, and my friends ships. 

If this is intended, this release is NOT the time to make this change. We as players need time to update constructs to work properly under the new requirements, and we cannot worry about making said changes, while we are also trying to test the new elements and systems on the PTS.

its completely broken too, the side which is checked is the top, so my ships now look like this :,( 

831686188_Screenshot(657).png

This change to the large air brakes doesn't make ay sense to me at all.  We have a "magic" AGG, we have a warp drive that is "magic".  Many things in this game have no basis in reality.  Why are the game designers forcing us to put an ugly element on the outside of our ships?

What is the benefit or upside to it?   Forcing us to make a major change like this to almost every ship in the game is absurd.'

We have a lot of major changes coming to the game in Demeter, this will just frustrate players, why do it at all?

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 8.00.09 AM.png

I never enjoyed these too much outside elements. I see ships with 100 wings n stuff, so unrealistic, engine walls that are ugly, entire sides of ships full with retrobrakes.

I mean, they put in voxelmancy to make beautiful ships, and then we have to uglyfy them with those elements.

I pretty much can throw away my newly designed ship, and I think DU creators needs a complete overhaul because of this DEATHMETER update