so where do players hangout normally?

zoldos

I'm currently on "Sanctuary Moon", but it seems a bit quiet.  I saw a lot of zones occupied, but no players.  I went to a trade station as part of the tutorial to sell some ore, but no one seem to be doing transactions there despite that there were hundreds of speeders parked below the station.

What planets do players mainly play on?

2 hours ago, zoldos said:

I'm currently on "Sanctuary Moon", but it seems a bit quiet.  I saw a lot of zones occupied, but no players.  I went to a trade station as part of the tutorial to sell some ore, but no one seem to be doing transactions there despite that there were hundreds of speeders parked below the station.

Sanctuary is a trap orchestrated by the evil AI overlord that is aphelia. Leave those barren lands behind and come to the promise land of Madis for great ore and low g living on a marble, or if your willing to brave the death towers and the mecha of trade they call Market 6 then go to Alioth. If you're looking for that wastelander experince there is always Thades, many of ships have been lost in it's canyon.

Ye be warned, don't fall for the trap that is sanctuary, there is lack of good ore- no market activity... and can only claim a single tile. Leave your life there behind and wander out into the greater cosmos!

Players are everywhere.  I always get this from new people who join our org 'Empire'.  As I tell them so many people are mining offworld, running around hunting asterioids or doing group mining operations its best to communicate via Discord to find where people are at.  I avoid Alioth as much as possible as it lags (especially market 6).  Sanctuary is defunct as originally Sanctuary was supposed to be the only SAFE zone out there.  They may as well take that world out of the game.

Honvik

On 8/26/2021 at 11:50 PM, zoldos said:

Most players are in Alioth. Specially near the Markets

You see, people in this game cannot urbanize because the most basic unit of land that can be owned individually is 1 Km² which is too big! You got no centralization because everything is space and you spend most of your time in this game travelling! Imagine this: agglomerate these oversized territory units, most of it are useless space that serve only as a logistical burden! 

You are looking for an urban center when the game makes it impossible for you to create that without incorporating?

30 player properties (30 tiles) in this game in a line is 30 Km long and will take you 40+ minutes to traverse by foot. With that time, you travelled inter-city on an efficient electrified commuter rail to traverse just 30 player properties! Go to a downtown and tell me how many stores do you see per block? 

There is no population density in this game, what you will find here is a sparse distribution of the population. A waste of your time! Tell me how are you gonna do business on a logistic like this?

This game is so rural because of the size of tiles! You cannot urbanize in this game!

I think it is more that there is no real incentive for urbanization in the game, and it is not a natural thing for humans to want without the incentive.

Just look at district 6, it is only when there is something to gain that people start fighting for space in some limited area.

So if we for example had player driven markets, then people would have a reason to centralize and rent some limited area in one of the popular ones.