Utopia Station - Now Open!

Shockr

----------WELCOME TO UTOPIA STATION----------
-----brought to you by the Utopia Spacing Guild-----

The future of humankind is in the stars, and we present to you the first of many steps to broaden the horizons of all Noveans.

The first of it's kind, a 2.6 kilometre long space station right in the middle of the safe zone. Less than 80SU from Alioth, Madis and Thades, this new commercial hub offers free access to the station's Warp Beacon and the future USG Warp Network.

Phase 1: The Ring, offers 4 KM of space over 192 medium space cores, ideal for shops, display rooms, factories, storage and offices.

Core rentals start from just 1,000,000h a month, equivalent to just 1 week of NQ pocket money. (below prices are incorrect)

Visit the station via VR: "Utopia Station Visitors" or request a tour via our associates discord: https://discord.gg/BUm8ceYv78

unknown.png

Phase 2: To begin construction - Central commercial 'high street' core of the station with markets & storage.

image.png.2ad489b582d7922a40464ec5513f45d1.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

temp.png

*Utopia Station is not affiliated with any political parties or associations and remains neutral in any military conflict.

10 minutes ago, Haku0814 said:

We need player markets as more and more stations like this open.

I couldn't agree more. But they need to be implemented carefully. Just letting everyone create a market open to all like VR stations would be a mistake. They should be something that requires a real drive to deploy, like warp beacons perhaps.

1 hour ago, Shockr said:

I couldn't agree more. But they need to be implemented carefully. Just letting everyone create a market open to all like VR stations would be a mistake. They should be something that requires a real drive to deploy, like warp beacons perhaps.

Exactly, though tbh, I think the availability and ease of access to a "Trading" station will be enough of a drive, outer world traders would increase in activity to just those points and whoever owns those markets would make a large sum, especially if they increased the tax amount from the current markets to drive players to make their own. I state outer world traders as any other planet has less gravity, which means fewer engines and better efficiency, I honestly hate landing on Alioth and would skip those markets if I knew an active orbital trading point was active.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to drop in and give some compliments to our community of talented builders. These types of collaborative player builds always will amaze me. To see what is possible using the build system to help create living and breathing communities, events, and more is truly inspiring!  Keep up the excellent work, can't wait to see how this project evolves.

On 6/27/2021 at 5:45 AM, GM-Nicodemus said:

I wanted to drop in and

We’re glad to see you. Hoping staff can drop by a little more often as we sometimes feel like we are talking to ourselves and nobody cares.

Even if it’s yip, great idea, noted, or yip, would love to But not currently in the plan, or even passed up the chain.

We feel some issues aren’t explained, or you aren’t even willing to listen to our concerns.

Naturally you can’t just listen to what players say and do that; that would be a complete failure, but you can acknowledge feedback ?

don’t run, some of us may bite we a lot of us mean well ???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...