Jump to content
Spartan118

Please allow the ability to block others in the community

Recommended Posts

It would be a much appreciated addon if we can block others, or choose not to see their content. Even here there are trolls, as many people have seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spartan118 said:

It would be a much appreciated addon if we can block others, or choose not to see their content. Even here there are trolls, as many people have seen. 

The forums here have a block user setting. It is imperfect because; one, it tells you "you have chosen to block so-n-so" every time they post on your thread, and two, you can still see others responding to the blocked person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I`m fairly new to the dual universe board, not new to the project, because I`m lurking around for a long time now before deciding to pledge and back up as patron, but I`m really shocked that people already complaining in an early PRE-ALPHA phase game development about being or feeling bothered by others behavings in an OPEN WORLD based game, futher more already requesting a "leave me alone mode" in such state of game development. Pretty sad to see, people like that kind spend money to be first and try to play private. I hope the developers don`t jump onto such a requests band wagon in the fist place. Better refund the thread starter and offer that person a gentle and nice meant way to the exit door. Hopefully my thoughts are no insult to the threat starter, because they were never meant or typed as trolling, just saying something like that request has no right of exsitance here in a community driven and supported game developement. We all (hopefully) want the the same, that Dual Universe becomes the World we all love to spend time within in the future.

 

See you all somtimes in the Dual Universe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 7:28 AM, NoBadCompany said:

Sorry I`m fairly new to the dual universe board, not new to the project, because I`m lurking around for a long time now before deciding to pledge and back up as patron, but I`m really shocked that people already complaining in an early PRE-ALPHA phase game development about being or feeling bothered by others behavings in an OPEN WORLD based game, futher more already requesting a "leave me alone mode" in such state of game development. Pretty sad to see, people like that kind spend money to be first and try to play private. I hope the developers don`t jump onto such a requests band wagon in the fist place. Better refund the thread starter and offer that person a gentle and nice meant way to the exit door. Hopefully my thoughts are no insult to the threat starter, because they were never meant or typed as trolling, just saying something like that request has no right of exsitance here in a community driven and supported game developement. We all (hopefully) want the the same, that Dual Universe becomes the World we all love to spend time within in the future.

 

See you all somtimes in the Dual Universe.

 

So let the spamy rude trolls continue? Reporting posts does little to nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so far believe moderation is eventually decisive or acts when something is considered a notable problem.

 

Someone reports something. Now there's basically two basic options: moderation either did not process (or get) that flag or report which could be bad, or they did. Even if manpower is an issue I believe there is currently no indication staff isn't eventually seeing and processing requests.

 

So chances are they see things and investigate. But perhaps they do not decide to take a certain action you would expect as reporting user; what you might find 'offensive or troll-like', others might not. Perhaps they spoke to the person and they cleared it up, perhaps it's a borderline-case, perhaps the person received warning points or will receive them due to a verbal warning, perhaps it's considered within the rules.

 

I personally gotta say, even with personal conflicts, I was never fond of ignore features in MMORPGs and whatnot. I manual ignore is vastly better in my eyes. An ignore feature I'd only ever consider for "china farmers" in MMORPGs or bots spamming credit or money services and offers, and perhaps someone actually annoying me in some chat without stopping, "spamming" my channel after being told to stop, so you do not get distracted by garbage messages or can follow chat.

 

Even if posts of a user might annoy you, I think it's better just to ignore them manually unless they're completely over the top, than to get angry over it. Otherwise, the currently embedded "block function" might be to your liking. Try it out.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kuritho said:

Then everybody would block me.

I already blocked you Kuritho :D

Opps....

Or did I?..........  (damn defective manual block! )   😜

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoreVamore said:

I already blocked you Kuritho :D

Opps....

Or did I?..........  (damn defective manual block! )   😜

 

 

 

I'm honored, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Spartan118 said:

So let the spamy rude trolls continue? Reporting posts does little to nothing  

I can confirm that reporting posts does work efficiently (and swiftly, may I add). And so can you, right? :)

Let's take a break for a minute: Calling "spammy trolls" the people who told you to respect the forum rules (as in, no necroposting, especially to recruit) are NOT spammy trolls, they're just annoyed users. You're the one getting closer to this description by necroposting 6 topics, and not even feelin sorry about it.

Now, asking a user blocking functionality (which already exists) is fair.
You got your answer, stop the drama here please. You're being unnecessarily toxic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 6:43 AM, Cal Rouvenor said:

I can confirm that reporting posts does work efficiently (and swiftly, may I add). And so can you, right? :)

Let's take a break for a minute: Calling "spammy trolls" the people who told you to respect the forum rules (as in, no necroposting, especially to recruit) are NOT spammy trolls, they're just annoyed users. You're the one getting closer to this description by necroposting 6 topics, and not even feelin sorry about it.

Now, asking a user blocking functionality (which already exists) is fair.
You got your answer, stop the drama here please. You're being unnecessarily toxic.

Those posts were not dead, i wasnt recruiting, i have no need to recruit, and following arround and posting on a persons every post to shun them after that, even ones with zero relation is uncalled for. I was (as i have said dozens of times) sparking an idea to people. Simply. Sparking. An. Idea. I kept conversations where they belonged and etc. So no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Spartan118 said:

Those posts were not dead, i wasnt recruiting, i have no need to recruit, and following arround and posting on a persons every post to shun them after that, even ones with zero relation is uncalled for. I was (as i have said dozens of times) sparking an idea to people. Simply. Sparking. An. Idea. I kept conversations where they belonged and etc. So no. 

They were dead, and you were thread recruiting.

16 minutes ago, Spartan118 said:

sparking an idea to people. Simply. Sparking. An. Idea.

Here's an idea: don't necropost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 4:27 PM, Kuritho said:

They were dead, and you were thread recruiting.

Here's an idea: don't necropost.

Once again, "majority of those weren't dead". So heres an idea, dont be so bellicose and go back to redit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your replies to these posts got moderated.
If you're not happy about it, it still doesn't change the fact that moderators deemed them as necroposting, according to the forum rules. Whatever you say, it won't change that. I would advise you to actually read those rules, necroposting definition is detailed, and your replies clearly fall into it.

You affirming those posts weren't dead can only lead to 2 different conclusions:

1- You never read the rules, and therefore don't have any idea of what you're talking about.
2- You've actually read the rules, in which case you're just denying the reality, in a really hypocritical way.

Either way, that's on you, stop complaining about others. The childish stubbornness you're demonstrating is what attracts other's bellicoseness.
Send an MP to the moderators if you want to discuss it, arguing about it here is pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Spartan118,

 

1. The block user function IS already present. It is under the profile settings.

2. Regarding the comments about necroing post. The topics to which you posted had no comments added to them after 2 months, some even since 2016. As per our forum rules, yes, they were dead. 

3. Spreading the same link to the same 1 topic you created on those others threads, is and was, spamming, as per our forums rules.

4. You can read our forums rules here: 

 

 

The comments "I didn't know about it" or "It doesn't apply to me" or "those weren't dead" or "I was only sparking conversations" are no valid answers to not knowing about the forum rules and/or breaking the forum rules. As such, you'll be moderated with them accordingly, even if you have not read them. That's what creating a forum account here means. If you are not in accordance to our rules, please read the following snippet: 

Quote

By posting on this forum, either publicly or through private message or other means, you explicitly agree to follow the rules and guidelines posted here. If you do not agree with these rules – in whole or in any part – then do not post. All members will be treated as if they have read and understood these rules and guidelines.

 

@Lethys @Cal Rouvenor 

 

1. Please don't feed the troll anymore. Future problems, use the report function.
2. Replying to such posts in such manner only servers to increase the polemics and the toxicity of the conversation and adds nothing of value.
3. Doing so also falls under the "flaming" section of the Forums. Which is a big no-no. If you don't want to be moderated, don't do it as well.

 

 

 

@everyone else, since the original question has been answered, and there is nothing left of value to add to this topic, the topic is now closed.


Regards,
Meldrik
 

Edited by Mod-Meldrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×