THIS is what I WANTED

Stupidolphin

So after watching several game play videos of No Man Sky, I was VERY disappointed and angry at the developers.  They basically lied about half of the features and now I find out you can't build the ships as well........

So then I saw a video comparing similar games which led me here... and wow, YES this is what I wanted!  Multiplayer, single universe, voxel based custom ships and exploration on a huge scale :D

Just make sure you don't go back on any of this content Dev's, I think NoManSky will fall off the hype train as soon as people realise everything is the same, just with a different skin and get bored real fast.

I don't think you should compare NMS to Dual. The two games are fundamentally different.

NMS was meant to be based around exploring a massive universe at your own pace

Dual is meant to be a place for people to come together and create great things, and to fly them and achieve great feats.

So after watching several game play videos of No Man Sky, I was VERY disappointed and angry at the developers.  They basically lied about half of the features and now I find out you can't build the ships as well........

as far as i know they never said you could build your own ships, I might not be completely up to date, because i lost interest after i joined this forum, but as far as i know NMS is exactly what they said it would be. Don't project your own wishes into a game and start being mad about it if it doesn't develop in this way ;)

So then I saw a video comparing similar games which led me here... and wow, YES this is what I wanted!  Multiplayer, single universe, voxel based custom ships and exploration on a huge scale :D

Just make sure you don't go back on any of this content Dev's, I think NoManSky will fall off the hype train as soon as people realise everything is the same, just with a different skin and get bored real fast.

Don't get confused. DU is not a Space Sim like NMS, because combat is neither based on actual aiming nor projectile and collision physics, but tab targeting and dice roling like in EVE or WOW.  That is, DU is best considered EVE 2.0 with Voxel Space.

At least there will be something for the console peasants to enjoy?

That game looked cool at first until they announced what it ACTUALLY was. For those who watched Bluedrake's rants, I do not understand what gets him so excited about NMS and why he was so hostile to dual universe. Certainly was amusing watching him read my comment though https://youtu.be/6fYk4ejccSY?t=1614

can you make some examples about the lies they made in their marketing?

NMS is prolly great for solo explorer types. I'm an MMORPG elitist and rarely venture beyond the genre, yeah I know thats silly and I miss lots of good games, but I just cant get into non MMOs as much.

NMS is great for solo explorers, yeah... But, I do wish we had more opportunities to hang out there with other players.

I'd need both NMS and DU in the same game to really feel complete.

I'm somewhat in the same boat, but I'm happy with both being separated. I'll enjoy NMS for quite some time anyways. I didn't have high expectations, and really only wanted them to get the exploration done right, which so far they have stayed on that track. I can understand others' gripes with it however.

NMS is great for solo explorers, yeah... But, I do wish we had more opportunities to hang out there with other players.

I'd need both NMS and DU in the same game to really feel complete.

Well, you could go full explorer in DU I guess, but that would require you to strain so far off the rest of the playerbase, that if you were to die in the middle of an alien planet, you'd better have a Resurrection Node in your ship, cause you would respawn FAR FAR away from where you've died. :/

I mean, exploration is an adventure. You better be careful. My hope, grapling hooks. Sweet sweet Batmaning them canyons.

Well, you could go full explorer in DU I guess, but that would require you to strain so far off the rest of the playerbase, that if you were to die in the middle of an alien planet, you'd better have a Resurrection Node in your ship, cause you would respawn FAR FAR away from where you've died. :/

I mean, exploration is an adventure. You better be careful. My hope, grapling hooks. Sweet sweet Batmaning them canyons.

Grappling hooks and gliders would be amazing as well. Especially early game.

Grappling hooks and gliders would be amazing as well. Especially early game.

I can see you going around, especially with in-game VoIP and growling "I'M KHAYMANN!", then grappling hooking and gliding away.

With my voice I don't even need to growl that much  :P

Batman from Texas? Damn right.

"Tell me, do you shit bricks? You will..." 

Tune in next week, to watch Khaymann's adventures as a lone vigilantee in space. Same Khayplace, same Khaychannel.