Please give date ahead of time for Demeter patch drop

Distinct Mint

Its only just been confirmed that Demeter will remove all underground mining, and NQ staff comments in discord suggest that the intention is that Demeter is intended to drop after 2 weeks(!) on the PTS.

I appreciate that many players have sat on their megas and had no intention to mine them. That's how it goes, but for those who want to mine them out two weeks is very short.

Many of us have been mining our megas out, but probably still can't get through them all in 2 weeks, even mining full time after work and over weekends (difficult when you have families). We are not all in orgs, and many play solo. So essentially we're now faced with throwing many of our megas away (or selling them I suppose, but I'm a miner Jim, damnit!).

Once the PTS has validated what it needs to, could we then have an announcement ahead of time of a day the patch will drop on? (Rather than the random "oh the patch came" that NQ seems to love.) Ideally with another 2 weeks to secure our previous investment (time and quanta).

Me too I have a lot of megas ... I get your point and I m sorry if you feel deceived .

Try to sell some and get some cash like i do . I made a fortune .But dont worry if you cant mine them all. Take as much as you need . Better to do the math and calculate how much exactly do you need and for what . Higher tiers first .This way is better . I agree if we could at least have an estimate of demeter release .

PTS is (was yesterday when i checked) still offline. 

So i belive you guys gunna have several weeks to mine. 

But the warning ahead of time has been already given. 

No more warning is needed. 

Do what you can now instead of waiting for the last day. 

PS: managing you capabilities is not NQ's responsibility. 

If you have too many mega nodes and too few man power, thats your problem, not NQ's. 

You can pay for ppl to help you. You can sell nodes. 

You can take RL vacations to mine. 

But its your problem. 

7 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

But its your problem. 

No, it's really not -- it's NQ's job to communicate about the product we customers are paying for. It isn't like it is some privilege to play their game, we're paying for it. 

It's common curtesy to let people know before a huge change like this drops. It's basic customer service to let your customers know about big changes to a product and when those changes will happen. 

It's also not difficult...like at all. 

NQ often fails on things that are easy, like basic customer engagement / communication. 

Here’s the answer. NQ don’t know when Demeter will drop because anything from now can happen.

Honestly your post reads can I have more time to get as much pre-patch advantage as possible…

Sorry but slowly but surely I’m fighting more and more against any player beta advantages because the higher the advantage the more ammunition there will be for a release full wipe. 

1 minute ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

No, it's really not -- it's NQ's job to communicate about the product we customers are paying for. It isn't like it is some privilege to play their game, we're paying for it. 

It's common curtesy to let people know before a huge change like this drops. It's basic customer service to let your customers know about big changes to a product and when those changes will happen. 

It's also not difficult...like at all. 

NQ often fails on things that are easy, like basic customer engagement / communication. 

Sure, i agree with this. But there are precedents here. 

On beta start, several players saw their quanta, earned by their work while following the game rules and mechanics, being reduced to 50M, without any warning. 

This time you have a warning. You have weeks to do something about it. 

Do something about it. 

What i dont agree is that the "player capabilities" is NQ's responsibility. 

If some single player adquired 9999 mega nodes, it is unreasonable to ask for 2 years for that single player to mine those alone. 

One mega node can be mined alone in 5-10 hours. 

A lone player playing for 2 hours*5 days per week will mine 1-2 nodes per week. 

If this enters patch arrives in 2 weeks, you could have mined 2-4 mega nodes. 

For me, this is an acceptable compromise of time vs impact. 

Anyone with more than 4 meganodes should use ingame tools to fix their problem. Not ask for NQ for more time. 

2 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

I have one Mega left on some planet, forgot even on which one ... but I don't care about it - I don't have the time nor the will to go mine it, so I welcome the mining units.

another would certainly have been pleased if the ore could be mined before demeter.