Dual Universe Historical Society

Lord_Void

Greetings all! I come before you all today with a new addition to our community: The Dual Universe Historical Society.

Several things struck me over the past few months:

1. If other such games are anything to go by, the history of Dual Universe shall be grand and intriguing, and as fascinating as that of any Age or Empire in Earth's history. Why? Because this game will not be made of just pixels but also of every person who plays it. It will be built from the tears of every person who watches their Empire crumble, the sweat of every person who stays up late grinding time into this game, the cleverness of diplomats, the creativity of artists, and the inspiration of leaders. Hope, Anger, Revenge, Happiness, Greed, Humor, and Loss will all exist in this universe. To put it simply, this game will be filled with everything human, and a story with this much humanity deserves to be told, and to be remembered. 
  2. There are a lot of wonderful people here from all over the world, from all over the political and social spectrum. There are young people, older people, students and businessmen, truckers and programmers, and this diversity will only grow as the community does. I have already had a few very good political discussions with people from other parts of the world, who have different perspectives on things than I do, and it has been a fantastic opportunity.
  3. There are a lot of people here with an interest in history, economics, politics and other such related fields. 

And so, I would like to create a place to bring all of these things together for the benefit of the community. I would like to create a place of scholarship, of learning and debate. I would like to create a place for us to take a break from the battles and learn more from each other. That's what the Dual Universe Historical Society will be. That's what it is.

Because this is our story, and it deserves to be told. 

Discord: https://discord.gg/ecErPae

Note: I am still setting all this up, and can't do it all alone. I am always looking for more people to assist with this project and will also be putting together a group of writers to produce content for the group. Check out the Org page and the Discord for more details. 

https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/dual-universe-historical-society#tab-description

Yet another fantastic project to keep track of, well thought out. 

Sounds somewhat similar to what Peregrin is working on with his excellent Du Sleepers history overview, not meaning having another DU history source is a bad thing. On the contrary, having differing records of certain events (wars, colonization etc.) would be amazing and later on allow further research like with 'real world' history.

"History is written by the victors" - We will see about that in Dual Universe. 

Though I do not plan to join any organization for now, the recording of history cannot (well... should not) be subjected to any competition: everything I wrote in my modest efforts at note-taking is available to use by anyone.

I only ask for people to correct my mistakes or lacks of information should they find some while using my writings.

This looks good. We will see where it goes ;)

Though I do not plan to join any organization for now, the recording of history cannot (well... should not) be subjected to any competition: everything I wrote in my modest efforts at note-taking is available to use by anyone.

I only ask for people to correct my mistakes or lacks of information should they find some while using my writings.

I don't think this is supposed to be a replacement for DU Sleepers. How exactly the two will interact is yet to be determined it seems.

This looks good. We will see where it goes ;)

I don't think this is supposed to be a replacement for DU Sleepers. How exactly the two will interact is yet to be determined it seems.

Agreed. DU Sleepers is a great idea and I like the work you have already done, Peregrin. I would never want to "replace" it.  

Also, just as a side note, anyone is welcome to come to the Discord and participate in discussions. You don't really have to "join".

I had the very same idea for an organization, even with the same name in mind. Actually, I just discovered your org. yesterday and wanted to contact you if it's still an active project, but with this post the question has already been answered. A great project!

I had the very same idea for an organization, even with the same name in mind. Actually, I just discovered your org. yesterday and wanted to contact you if it's still an active project, but with this post the question has already been answered. A great project!

Perfect timing then! We would be happy to have you. Yeah, I thought of it a while ago but was too busy to get it started so I just went ahead and reserved the name.