So, any updates?

sHuRuLuNi

Same here, i also waiting for some update & hoping for at least a gameplay video.

But looks like everything is a bit quite right now.

I think NQ still focusing on the crowdfunding program, that's why we don't get any update at the moment :D

I wouldn't expect too much, they don't have a dedicated marketing team or anything of the sorts.  The news they give us is done in their free time.

My guess is they will have a devblog every month.  Maybe 1-2 times a month once we get past the holidays... before we know it, alpha will launch.

I am checking the website, forums, YouTube and everything everyday in the hope there will be some update, some new video maybe, anything .... Would be good to post Videos and updates frequently so as to keep the Game on the radar, me thinks.

I had a conversation with Nyzaltar / Nomad a week ago and they both (as they too stated several times on the forums) said they are working hard on the kickstarter surveys atm (people got wrong email adresses filled in, incorrect name reservations, forum problems and so on) and their workload was unexpected high.

I know it's hard but you just can't expect them to update the community with a new video or something every week like in the Kickstarter campaign. They do a recap every month by mail and newsletter, they're active on the forum to certain topics.

I'd rather have them work on the game then making senseless videos....

Plus: It's christmas time, let them have their holidays too

They have demostrated what the voxel tools can do, how easy and intuitive is to build a spaceship and that the planets are voxel-made and real, along with explaining how the server tech works.

What you want is not news, but videos of gameplay :P Problem is, since the game has little to none scripted content in mind, it means that the devs can't showcase a space battle of 10000 ships (althought they have shown vieos of mutliple instances of avatars on board moving platforms).

I agree with Lethys on this one, let them focus on refining code and setting up the servers. Let the eye-candy for later, after Alpha test begins.

From the december newsletter:

The past few months have been as exhilarating as exhausting. Dual Universe's development is still making good progress (more details about Organization game mechanics and territory control are coming in January), the (time-consuming) Kickstarter follow-up is still going-on and our Crowdfunding Portal is evolving. We'll take a short break between Christmas and New Year's Eve to have some rest and spend some time with our families.