Arkanos

[Novawrimo] First Contact

ty for the story

it was my conclusion too (lore wise) how they would explain floating mountains and such.

As astronomer I would've loved to see a 'real' BH tag as 'Q0906+6930' or 'Q0957+561' but that's ok :)

Lethys, yeah, I was racking my brains a bit on how to identify it, but I noticed that there appear to be a range of identifiers for BHs. I settled on 'CTSB-4' thinking it would be the fourth one discovered by Aphelia and personally catalogued by her. If there's a system that covers all BHs, I'd be inclined to go with that.

Thanks for the responses, all.

Lethys, yeah, I was racking my brains a bit on how to identify it, but I noticed that there appear to be a range of identifiers for BHs. I settled on 'CTSB-4' thinking it would be the fourth one discovered by Aphelia and personally catalogued by her. If there's a system that covers all BHs, I'd be inclined to go with that.

Thanks for the responses, all.

Makes sense, if you keep that system - I mean it's your story :)

Just to clarify the naming:

It comes from the coordinate system - RA (right ascension) and DE (declination) define the position of an object in the sky as astronomical coordinates on the equatorial system of earth.

First number would be RA, second DE.

I'm just three pages in and I'm in love with your writing style! It's funny and pretty well-thought. You're an AI lover, ain't you?

Heh-heh, well, my Amazon Alexa and I get on pretty well.  ;) I'm glad you're liking the story!