Where you are from poll.

Geographic location of DU players  

348 members have voted

1. 1. Wanting to get an idea where we are all from! You can rep your country if you like but I am more concerned about generalization.

• America's - United States, Canada, Mexico, South America's
    • Europe - The UK, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia,
    • Former Soviet countries - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
    • The Middle East
    • China - you are big enough you get your own
    • India - you are also big enough
    • Other Asia - Japan, South Korea
    • African continent
    • Other - sorry I missed you

I will start obviously. I am from the US but I have lived in Germany as well. Excited to meet you guys!

Devs, I hope I haven't broken any rules...I think this poll might help you guys though especially server side. As a side note, can we get this stickied?

I think the devs know where most people are from. I think its in the statistics behind kickstarter. Like the CreditCard adress and such. :)

I think the devs know where most people are from. I think its in the statistics behind kickstarter. Like the CreditCard adress and such. :)

Potentially!  I have never received electronic payment so I wouldn't know.  I don't remember putting my address in and as such the Dev would just know that I have a Visa/Mastercard.  Nothing else than that.  I also know that I am behind a VPN almost all the time so figuring out my location via IP is also unreliable.

But you might be correct! Who knows.  

Something else I just remembered, on the kickstarter page there is a tab called community. It breaks down where everybody is from. By country and city.

So I'm sure they have those stats. :)

Fair enough...I can delete this if that is your goal?  

Not sure the kickstarter will be an accurate representation of the community once they start funding on this site.  I didn't even know about the KS stats page but it paints a different picture than what I expected.  I generally see the rest of the world more interested in this type of game than the US....so I was shocked to see that the US held the top spot by a long shot.

Oh no dont delete anything, thats not my intention at all.

I was only answering related to the topic, explaining that the devs have those stats.

I see no harm in your poll, people like to vote and its fun for us to see where everybody is from. :)

Edit: if you count the whole of the EU users we will be more then the US users I think.

You would be correct if we consider the UK as part of the EU which technically it still is...temporarily.  

I think votes are fun too!  Glad you like it!  Nothing will be deleted...my hope is to get it stickied so all new members will see it and vote so we can see how this community grows!  If you have any suggestions how how I should improve it let me know and I will address...at this time I think it is best to keep the UK and EU separate as they will be in the near future.  

Unfortunately, but that is my opinion.  

You would be correct if we consider the UK as part of the EU which technically it still is...temporarily.

Ah you see I did say EU but I mean Europe.

Despite all the brexit stuff I still see my friends from the UK as europeans. Politics just doing what it likes to do, dividing people. ;)

Ah you see I did say EU but I mean Europe.

Despite all the brexit stuff I still see my friends from the UK as europeans. Politics just doing what it likes to do, dividing people. ;)

I agree, note taken, and changes made....I guess I lost all my UK players though :(.  Sorry guys...revote please?

BTW Falstaf, what group are you part of?  I might join you!

Former Soviet countries - Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine = Europe. Even Russia (west part, main part) is part of Europe.

Also to note, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania are in Europe and Former Soviet countries. What to choose? =)))

Thanks,

Archonious

You missed Sweden,  so yeah, i'm from Sweden. I hope we have more Swe here.

I am sorry...editing the poll is no easy task either...it won't let me edit the line items.  I have to delete it completely and then re add it forcing everyone to re vote.  

It is nothing personal....i had a lapse!  I forgot probably 30 countries.