The IHRC (Regulators, Alpha Testers, Voters wanted!!)

Xplosiv

unknown.png

**Update : The IHRC is looking for representatives from organizations who would like to be a part of the racing. Individuals who want a say can also join. The representatives will have a say in what the rules and regulations are. Each rep. will be able to cast a vote on each individual rule and reg, once the ballots have been created. I would like to have at least 10 members before creating a ballot. We have 4 members right now.  Remember this organization is more of a hobby for you in the universe, you can still be part of your regular organization. So if you are a legate of a org and want to be a part of this please send a rep to us. I don't want to be a dictator who controls every part of this. **

**Also looking for players who will be in the alpha to help with testing, to see what is possible.**

About The Interstellar Hovercraft Racing Committee

This Organization consists of dedicated members. These members are tasked with creating the rules and regulations, for the hovercraft racing league. Voting by these members will determine the rules. 

This is not the organization for the racers. Remember we are still creating the "game" we are not looking for the "players" right now. 
We will advertise when we are ready for racer requests.

Hovercraft Racing will be a series of races governed by a set of rules. Open to anyone able to meet the standards. 

Proposed Rules for the races are as follows and open to discussion

--Size of craft to be limited. Limited by a minimum and maximum size.  This may include a voxel count and  a physical size. 

--Qualifying Rounds leading to a final ( depending on track size and racer participation)

--No weapons allowed

--No outside help

-- 1 person in control of 1 craft. 

--Tracks will be large , with obstacles in the way, with natural segments(if flat enough). 

--Referees will be tasked with player management. 

--Going out of bounds will result in immediate disqualification. (this will be changed, as opposition is growing against this suggestion)

--Like the Olympics, the event to take place in multiple locations. Locations approved by the Committee. 

--If possible the entire track will be constructed in safe zones.  (Not sure how safe zones work. Can others come in and just not damage anything or access certain things. Or does a safe zone not allow somebody to enter all together. Or is this changeable?)

- Pilots, technicians and sponsors will form teams

- Leagues will build circuits (or choose from independent owners), enrol teams, organize racing seasons, schedule races, keep ranking, advertise, etc.

- On the long run, with civilization expanding, there will be multiple leagues (maybe 1 planetary per planet, 1 stellar per system and 1 interstellar)

- Qualifying to a larger league would be achieved by competing in smaller ones

Leagues should have the same rules, and stating this rules shouldn't be the responsibility of one of them.

That's where the committee steps in, as an unique structure.

The objectives are then clearly given: committee decides the rules, leagues do competitions following these rules.

To have the required authority and stay connected with "reality", I think the committee should have a body of voters made of leagues representatives.

Community page

https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/interstellar-hovercraft-racing-committee#tab-description

• 2 weeks later...

A great source of inspiration to look would be KOTOR (I and II) and how it handled the swoop races.

Sounds interesting tho!  I'd totally would watch the first races.

Thanks, I will take a look and see what they did. 

No problem-o.

It might be possible to do it over water if using land becomes problematic, but then it might have to happen outside a safe zone... Hmm... 

Best of luck with this!

Ahhh but outside of safe zones will mean that the crafts and drivers can be damaged/hurt. And I would invisage it being more like pod racing from that terrible movie which kinda ruined a trilogy...

That's what I'm going for in a way, pod races. I just didn't want to use that term. 

This would be really fun to watch (and bet on). I could see this becoming the sport for DU. People would stream it and it would bring groups of people together to enjoy it. I'm excited for this!

Thanks, i have definitely heard a lot of positive support for this which is nice. Just a little sad nobody is joining  :( . 

I'm pretty sure I have said Vulture Corporation would join any racing league that pops up. We would certainly like to build our own track, or build our own part of a tracks facilities and host our own team. We hope plenty of groups will be interested in taking part, friendly competition is better than all out war.

Definitely, Hovercraft Racing has a very good perspective to become a unique and thrilling part of DU's culture.
Simply keep the vision and be patient, oportunities to realise this idea will grow with the very comunity's growing and game's developing.

** Updated** see top of description. 

P.S. Does anyone know how to change the title of the post in the arkship pub? like adding "Looking for representatives" to the end of it? im pretty sure other people have done it, i just cant figure it out. 

--Going out of bounds will result in immediate disqualification. 

I would suggest changing this to when you go out of bounds you must re-enter the track from the point you went out of bounds, which automatically penalizes you for going out because it costs you time to get turned around and back on track. This is a very common rule in most types of auto racing, I've never been in a class or event that would immediately DQ you for a single mishap.  even at the pro level off tracks happen and usually result in just at time penalty or warning. 

--Going out of bounds will result in immediate disqualification. 

I would suggest changing this to when you go out of bounds you must re-enter the track from the point you went out of bounds, which automatically penalizes you for going out because it costs you time to get turned around and back on track. This is a very common rule in most types of auto racing, I've never been in a class or event that would immediately DQ you for a single mishap.  even at the pro level off tracks happen and usually result in just at time penalty or warning. 

Ok ok, I understand what you are saying. It just has to be done via the honor system, as the is no system to force you to do this. I do plan on having referees watching to make sure no one is doing anything nefarious. 

Thank you for the input. 

Boo or the S.O.R. ready to send a rep over :D? You sound interested. All we ask of your rep is a vote.

Well, it depends. They can pay a lump sum and use our base design (without engine improvements and control scripts) or they can pay an initial fee and an amount per race and become race partners with us building their craft, using the same stuff as our own craft, maintained by us and having upgrades applied by us. This happens a lot in Formula 1, where some teams have these race partnerships, and others buy the core design and provide their own improvements.

As I said, I'll take care of bets. I'll accept contracts to hinder certain participants

you might as well join the committee then.... :D . You can be part of multiple orgs, i'm in 3 right now, will only be 2 here soon though, as my position as ambassador will be taken by some one else. 

Well, it depends. They can pay a lump sum and use our base design (without engine improvements and control scripts) or they can pay an initial fee and an amount per race and become race partners with us building their craft, using the same stuff as our own craft, maintained by us and having upgrades applied by us. This happens a lot in Formula 1, where some teams have these race partnerships, and others buy the core design and provide their own improvements.

The IHRC needs you steve  :lol:

Are you going to be in alpha? this is where a lot of testing will take place.