Organisation Logotype / emblem

Archonious

Hi,

Would be very nice to have an ability to upload the logo of the organisation. So Every organisation can mark their ships with Organisation Logo.

Make this option for organisations only (founder). So all responsibility will be on leader/founder. If the logo is offensive - leader/founder get warning with the possible temporary ban in future.

Also, Logos can be checked before usage by Moderators. It is much longer way, but it is much more controllable.

P.S: Of course, logos could be created with voxels help, but this could be very hard process for some organisations (colours, hard texture, a lot of time to make and other).

Thanks,

Archonious

Voxels aside, actually not a bad idea to be able to place logos or graphics on voxels - as they could be finer than trying to create the same via voxels.

And putting responsibility on higher tiers could also lower "abuse" or really offensive things being shown for the heck of it. Not sure about the "interface" required however.

Besides you could argue that not in an organization could feel "left out". I'm generally in favor of customization but depending on how it's done or how much, it raises a few questions.

Besides you could argue that not in an organization could feel "left out". I'm generally in favor of customization but depending on how it's done or how much, it raises a few questions.

If to give this option to everyone, this could be very hard to moderate. If we have 100 organisations, moderators need to check 100 logos, but if we have 1000 players, they need check 1000 logos. Also, this will increase interest to organisations (ofc a little bit).

Organisations must have a minimum number of players as well, to prevent 1-man-org. So for example 10 man organisation get an option to upload a logo. If it drops down, the logo becomes invisible.

This is an idea only, how it will be designed or will it be at all, that depends on NQ team.

Thanks,

Archonious

Yeah I was going to say that you could limit it to just the leaders of organizations that have a certain number of members. And they organization has to be one on this site. So when an organization reaches something like 25 members here on these forums, they can apply to be able to have an emblem available in-game. They submit an emblem for review, and if approved than all members of that organization (I believe the organization system will be in-game?) can place down something like a "sticker" which is the emblem and it simply covers the voxels wherever you place it.

I suppose that would seem possible and reasonable without too giant unneeded "work load" on mods or so.

Picture how ARMA handled it basically - at least you required some group or site, not everyone could immediately slap some logo on everything. I also think it would be a fair compromise to restrict it to a certain size or at least an organization, and then perhaps a few people in it.

No matter how you want to spin it, I think we can mostly agree on that having these options benefits more than not having them - even if you could in theory see 'offensive things' if the mechanic was more open.

In theory you could also allow this for anyone or very small groups of just like 2 or 3 people. Let's assume DU will be a massive game by community and popular. That would in theory require a high work load just to clear logos on a regular basis. You could find volunteer "mods" or similar who are able to clear these logos - each time a new logo or graphic is selected, it has to be cleared first to make sure there is no "dickery afoot".

These volunteer mods would be able to review newest additions or those waiting in line and either clear them or deny them with a reason. When it's unclear the uploading party or user could contest the decision and then a "normal" mod is brought in to decide if there ever is a situation that is tricky.

Or you just allow it with no or little minimum requirements or checks and then let players report anything clearly distateful. Many ways to go.

I have a question, if people upload their logo's how would that work out?

If I understand it correctly for me to see your logo my client has to download the logo. So for every logo that gets uploaded we need to download it from the patcher, right?

Then again you can also solve it by adding an ingame tool where you can pixel art the logo.

That leads me to wonder, wouldnt it be much easier and dev/cost effective to use the already implemented colour paint tool?

Just some thoughts on the subject.

If I understand it correctly for me to see your logo my client has to download the logo. So for every logo that gets uploaded we need to download it from the patcher, right?

Then again you can also solve it by adding an ingame tool where you can pixel art the logo.

That leads me to wonder, wouldnt it be much easier and dev/cost effective to use the already implemented colour paint tool?

While that is an option you will never get precise enough for almost all of the organizations logos unless they are very, very big.

They could make displays/logo placeable when above a certain level. By then, they care about DU, so a temporary ban would be hell on them.

Or... we could just allow anybody to put up anything, then the organizations could take them down, then again, they might be dicks. *pun intended*

I'm no IT guru but there has to be an option or way to code an interface or point of interaction instead of making any logo literally part of hard-drive data. That would just be too complicated.

For inspiration players (hobby coders) or devs can look at games that have that feature in place or Garry's Mod. In Garry's Mod there's plenty of plugins. Some maps / scripts even allow streaming video links onto surfaces or screens in the game. On the server I play on there is a radio plugin. If you have an audio source uploaded to dropbox or .enjin and get the links, insert it into the interface (in the game) and then tweak around you can then set up a soundscape or just 3D music on the map itself without any uploading, as the server basically streams from the source directly. Now that is customization. I recently created two soundscapes myself with audio tools I have, then uploaded them and used them ingame with no hassle - a construction site ambience with reverb and a club track to appear as coming from within with heavy bass.

I can imagine something similar here or with something where you can suggest a link to a logo or similar but someone has to clear it first before it can appear ingame.

I think there is merit to having a moderator clear each logo before it is applied in-game...however...in that case you could make the argument that all constructs should also be cleared. I know the subject was brought up at one point as to whether the moderators would regulate constructs, and the ultimate conclusion was that any offensive ones could be reported.(Or just destroyed, if you have the firepower.) :) 

Restricting them to players above a certain level seems like an effective method to me. This would allow some of the smaller groups or even individuals who prefer to be loners to still enjoy a unique logo. Another way would be to make them expensive, nobody would want to create a logo that is offensive if it could simply be disqualified, it would be wasted cash.

I would definitely like to see a way to create HD logos as opposed to pixel art, though. Think about it, some of the ships will be pretty sleek. It would be a shame if their owners were stuck with the option of either no logo, or one that looks like it came from a 90's computer game.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm no IT guru but there has to be an option or way to code an interface or point of interaction instead of making any logo literally part of hard-drive data. That would just be too complicated.

It could just be stored server side and fetched on demand. Plenty of games already do this

In retrospect, paying for logos would require paying game money to the developers, which effectively removes the money from the game. I know that this is something they want to avoid.....so maybe not my brightest idea. :unsure: 

The idea is not about everyone load as much as want. The idea is for Organisations only. So organisations can mark their buildings, ships and other.

Similar techs used in many games. Player upload picture, which is used in game =) Don't think it can be a problem for this game and so great Dev Team

Thanks,

Archonious

Sorry but it is unfair to restrict it to organizations.

It is either for everyone or noone.

It is not about stupid pointless pictures spammed everywhere. It is not about same rights. It is big groups of players notifications to other.

It is not about stupid pointless pictures spammed everywhere. It is not about same rights. It is big groups of players notifications to other.

Doesnt matter.

You think your picture isnt stupid because you are in a big group?

And it is ALL about the same rights.

Dont care if you disagree.

Sorry, but not really.

Restricting them to players above a certain level seems like an effective method to me. This would allow some of the smaller groups or even individuals who prefer to be loners to still enjoy a unique logo.

This.

Logos should definitely be available to individuals as well as organizations : both can need a little advertising.

High level seems like a good way to filter inappropriate content as the higher your level the more you played and the more you will want to preserve the game.

This.

Logos should definitely be available to individuals as well as organizations : both can need a little advertising.

High level seems like a good way to filter inappropriate content as the higher your level the more you played and the more you will want to preserve the game.

If the logo is available for everyone = logo mean nothing. Just pointless picture.

Organisations Logo - is the way to detect who is the owner of the building or ship is. There would be avatars and other, so this could be fully customised by randoms. This idea has background and targets, not stupid display with a picture which means nothing.

If the logo is available for everyone = logo mean nothing. Just pointless picture.

Organisations Logo - is the way to detect who is the owner of the building or ship is. There would be avatars and other, so this could be fully customised by randoms. This idea has background and targets, not stupid display with a picture which means nothing.

Again who are you to decide what is stupid and means nothing?

Just because you are in a big group you have the right to dictate stuff like this?

Even if everyone has a logo the logo of big groups will still be recognised.

Dont you see how silly it is what you are saying?

And how about 2 people uploading the same logo? First come first serve, sure but manually checking all logo's costs time and money. How about a logo that nobody has used in 2 years? The owner looses it?

No offence but you are not thinking this through.

Its either for everyone or noone.

Pixel art editor is the most fair solution but that takes time and money. And so on...

Omg... don't write me please... 2 people upload 1 logo... facepalm...

It is clearly explained above, this is Organisations Logos. Founder upload 1 logo and it becomes for everyone in his organisation.

Don't you see how your "FOR EVERYONE" is silly?

And yes, make me a favor, don't write in my topics... with your "dictate" vision, it is stupid and childish... Don't want even explain why...

bye bye, don't reply to your messages anymore, so may not try... yes, this is personal, don't like people with these childish manner...

Yes people will accuse me of being childish.????

Its not my fault you lack reading comprehension. I clearly explained that what you suggest is unfair.

I also explained the problems behind uploading logo's. Even in an org it will be 1 person uploading the logo...

Having only big orgs have the right to own a logo is dictatorial. You are not the supreme judge on what is silly and meaningless.

And you have refuted none of my points.

Just sayin'