Your ships look great !!!

Hisshadow

but there is no way I can design something like that myself  lol    

i'd be up for buying some ships,  gotta have something to start the game with.    

Also,  could it be possible to get some kindof designer app out?   Like black desert did with a character creator.. could allow plans to be drawn up and saved for future ships.

Also,  could it be possible to get some kindof designer app out?   Like black desert did with a character creator.. could allow plans to be drawn up and saved for future ships.

I do not think Novaquark would do that. It sounds like a sort of idea that wouldn't fit into the aspect of their game. Not to mention that it takes time to program even the smallest of things. However, I'm sure that a player base out there somewhere will still probably do it.

I can't say I am the last word on ship designing, but I have made some ships in another voxel game that uses voxels slightly smaller than the ones in Dual (24.ish cm vs Duals 25cm). I will be making ships as fast as I can crank them out and place them on the market for trade or purchase. I generally try to keep designs competitive...well I like to beat the competition but not sure how that will play out yet so I can't say how expensive or how cheap they will be.

If you want to get an idea of some of the stuff I have made, click on my signature to go to my twitter, browse through the pictures. I have a number of ships in there, some with interior shots. I will be doing my best to build stuff similar or superior in Dual.

Note, this is not an attempt on my behalf to solicit my twitter page or anything, just trying to give you an idea of what could be possible in Dual and what we could all potentially look forward to.

To create a ship the best way is with a pencil and paper, so you create your first concept.

After that you could:

-Take a sheet of squared paper, a pencil, and design in 2d whatever you want. 

-Download a free voxel game (pretty sure there's some), and start building it there. A cube mantains proportions, so if you desing something in Minecraft, it would look the same in DU (and when the game releases you can optimize it)

Definitely we don't need an app.

I generally try to keep designs competitive...well I like to beat the competition but not sure how that will play out yet so I can't say how expensive or how cheap they will be.

If there's some sort of partial damage, where you could, let's say, aim for the cockpit or the "energy room", there will never be any kind of "public competitive ships". If your enemies knows your ships weak points, you can't be competitive. If this is the case, any corporation will have their own team of builders, and their projects will be private. Any other ship that doesn't revolve around fighting should instead be fine, and people will buy/sell those. 

If there's some sort of partial damage, where you could, let's say, aim for the cockpit or the "energy room", there will never be any kind of "public competitive ships". If your enemies knows your ships weak points, you can't be competitive. If this is the case, any corporation will have their own team of builders, and their projects will be private. Any other ship that doesn't revolve around fighting should instead be fine, and people will buy/sell those. 

I belief he meant competitive in sense of "competitive on the market"

I know NQ is going to give us some basic blueprints when we start the game. its up to us the players to build on these basic blueprints and from our own imagination to build bigger/faster/better ships. one of the best aspects of this game is that if you aren't good at ship building you can get it from a friend or off the market. I for one will maybe build my own ship but it will take time for me to do it and ill be using blueprints I buy off the market till I finish. side note im not sure how the blueprints will work but I get the feeling that if you have the material then the game basicly builds it for you or tells you where to put what

The awesome thing is you won't have to build ships if you don't want to! So long as you can find another way to make money, you can buy whichever player-made ship blueprints you like best off the market. As others have already said, NQ will provide some basic blueprints at the start of the game before the market is populated with player-made ships.

And also if you haven't played Space Engineers, that game will definitely help you improve your voxel building skills in the meantime. 

The awesome thing is you won't have to build ships if you don't want to! So long as you can find another way to make money, you can buy whichever player-made ship blueprints you like best off the market. As others have already said, NQ will provide some basic blueprints at the start of the game before the market is populated with player-made ships.

And also if you haven't played Space Engineers, that game will definitely help you improve your voxel building skills in the meantime. 

soon as I get my new pc what ill be playing is that and other voxel games lol

It looks like the game will give us an in-universe simulator where you can design a ship without having to actually expend any resources to build anything.  From here you can figure out your ship's physical arrangement and put it through a flight simulator to see how well it handles.  Of course if you want to actually build the ship you'll need to gather the required materials first but this means you can have a blueprint before you pick up a single gram of titanium... and possibly revise the design a few times after realizing just how long it would take to gather enough materials for version 1.  It might be possible to make this available separately from the main game, though unlike the BDO character creator the flight simulator would have to load most of the game's physics and assets anyway so the biggest advantage over the full game would be that it might be usable offline.

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2016/02/20/builder-gameplay-voxel-tools-elements/

I made some ships in Landmark (back when it wasn't a shitty cashgrab of a game) , and that ship could not fly. I am looking forward on making a spaceship that would be a literal shield in space. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...