Move the schematics container link to Advanced

Midacre

Entire factories can be taken offline mistakenly with one click.

Please move "Set as schematic container" to the Advanced menu so players don't accidentally take their factory offline. Anyone with container privileges can do this, even if they have no privileges to the industry units.

I would have posted this to the Ideas forum but that is shutdown.

2023-02-22 16_41_37-Dual Universe.png

We also need a RDMS right for this. Orgs need to be able to have members drop off ore, which means rights to containers. But even without any rights to operate industry units, any org member with container rights to any container on the factory construct, can take the factory offline. 

7 minutes ago, Midacre said:

We also need a RDMS right for this. Orgs need to be able to have members drop off ore, which means rights to containers. But even without any rights to operate industry units, any org member with container rights to any container on the factory construct, can take the factory offline. 

You can opt to not apply construct rights to any individual element.  Under set element rights when you right click the container.

I am also mistaken it last day , they are next to each other with "set as linked container "at least make a gap and place it after the next  lol

you will only click it once 

does not have the frequent usage of the "set as linked container"

22 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

You can opt to not apply construct rights to any individual element.  Under set element rights when you right click the container.

And you know what that usually result in.  Broken rights.  I have a container that I removed core rights to.  Then created new rights for tat container. This causes a situation were the player with the rights has to link to the container to put stuff in and take stuff out. 

1 hour ago, RugesV said:

And you know what that usually result in.  Broken rights.  I have a container that I removed core rights to.  Then created new rights for tat container. This causes a situation were the player with the rights has to link to the container to put stuff in and take stuff out. 

I've never actually tested it now that i think about it.  The option has been around for so long i just kind of assumed that it worked.

That's unfortunate. 

LoL

So we get a perfect update for a system nobody needs (schematics) nobody wants (schematics) and now it kills full automated factories.

Sorry but that is just too funny to actually take serious.

Good thing nobody listened when the players that now stopped playing told here that schematics should be canned.

Good thing NQ came up with an even more chaotic way of dealing with schematics then we already had.

Good thing that the old schematics, buy once use always, were changed with the improved, buy all the time, dont forget to copy an make them pay mwawawawawawawaw versions.

DU and NQ are making my day once again, and i dont even Need an active subscription. because better as this forum, DU will never get in entertainment value under this leadership.

Thank you for this glorious feeling