So, what JC is doing now?

le_souriceau

I'm pretty sure we'll starting seeing the real JC now.. with no inhibitions about sharing his dream.

And with it more clarity about why NQ is  where they are.. in more detail than the recent blogposts..

Biggest problem I see is while JC no longer call the shots, there is JC fans still inside who carry the torch, believing their fallen leader was just "misunderstood"

Some of the things said by JC or confirmed by him from what the interviewer asks or says here puts an interesting spin on things.

He can't talk about the state of the company he pretty much ran into the ground obviously. He can now freely fantasize and dream in public about what we all seem to not understand about how his game science experiment is the best thing in the world.

It has now been 1 month since the change in management. Neither JC nor the new CEO have managed to say a few words to the players. You know, something you would expect when NQ preaches that they are a small team and you are a backer who has been following the whole thing for a few years. 

But nevertheless, the real MVP is Naerais.

16 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

But nevertheless, the real MVP is Naerais.

Im quire sure the new managment ordered her, or at least agreed to her current positive behavior. 

She is the face of the company we interface with. 

Im sure her success is part of a teamwork effort. 

There are probably some MVP developers, trying really hard and succeeding in fixing hard bugs that we never heard of but also deserve the credit. 

About managers directly chatting with us. Its not a requirement. 

Some ppl are not good at communicating in public. But can still be good project managers. 

As long as they delegate that function to someone else, its ok. 

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Its not a requirement. 

Of course, this is not necessary. It has a bitter taste when money (I'm Ruby Founder) has been invested on the basis of a person's vision and the person wordlessly steps down as ceo and you don't hear anything wrong him. Especially when a company has always preached to be transparent, this is simply a dick move towards the people.

29 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

Of course, this is not necessary. It has a bitter taste when money (I'm Ruby Founder) has been invested on the basis of a person's vision and the person wordlessly steps down as ceo and you don't hear anything wrong him. Especially when a company has always preached to be transparent, this is simply a dick move towards the people.

There is a "joke" suits this well:

A woman stuck on the top floor of a burning building prays for God to save her. 

Firefighters get some fall absorvers and tell her to jump. 

She says: "no, God will save me" and continues to pray. 

Airforce sends a helicopter. They trow a rope and tell her to grab it. 

The building falls down and she dies. 

When meeting God in haven and asks:

"Why did you not save me?" 

God answers:

"Who to you think that sent the firefighters and the airforce?" 

There is a "joke" suits this well:

A woman stuck on the top floor of a burning building prays for God to save her. 

Firefighters get some fall absorvers and tell her to jump. 

Airforce sends a helicopter. They trow a rope and tell her to grab it. 

The building falls down and she dies. 

When meeting God in haven and asks:

"Why did you not save me?" 

God answers:

"Who to you think that sent the firefighters and the airforce?" 

Do you know the joke about the implementation of the npcs in the near future?

Nevermind, you won't get it.

5 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

Do you know the joke about the implementation of the npcs in the near future?

Nevermind, you won't get it.

Auch that hurts allot, dont know how im gonna sleep tonight. 

But does not really change my point. Just means you runned out of arguments. 

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

Auch that hurts allot, dont know how im gonna sleep tonight. 

But does not really change my point. Just means you runned out of arguments. 

I'm not sure how you go from a statement to a joke to no arguments. I thought I'd keep you company for a bit. But enough trolling. 

But to return to the topic at hand:

Of course, it's your own fault if you believed in the vision of a scientist who showed you that server technology worked at the time. Nevertheless, you have learned something and in retrospect you also see what kind of people they are now.

You draw a conclusion from it and take something with you on your way. And that's also totally okay. I like to take the time to point out such grievances. There are no arguments for me, because in the end everyone decides for themselves what to do with the statement. Everyone should be able to muster a mind to make up their own minds from things.

Just now, SirJohn85 said:

I'm not sure how you go from a statement to a joke to no arguments. I thought I'd keep you company for a bit. But enough trolling. 

Not agreeing with you and debating you is not trolling.  No matter how bad you want an excuse to be right. 

We wanted NQ to communicate. They are trying.  

I say you are wrong. The CEO is the leader of the company. He has no responsibility to be the PR. 

His responsibility is to make sure there is a PR spokesman. 

And he is doing nice in that job. He delegated this to Naerais and she is doing it. 

And you go and say: "nope, i want to hear from the new CEO NOW!!!!"

You just want to throw the CEO under the bus, emplying he has no responsibility on recent change in Naerais's behavior. 

Almost like Naerais is rebelling against him. 

So no. I dont agree with you on this. 

And that joke makes a perfect caricature of your actions. 

Now bite it and reply with arguments instead of insults and accusations of trolling. 

Not agreeing with you and debating you is not trolling.  No matter how bad you want an excuse to be right. 

I say you are wrong. The CEO is the leader of the company. He has no responsibility to be the PR. 

And he is doing nice in that job. He delegated this to Naerais and she is doing it. 

You just want to throw the CEO under the bus, emplying he has no responsibility on recent change in Naerais's behavior. 

Almost like Naerais is rebelling against him. 

Now bite it and reply with arguments instead of insults and accusations of trolling. 

dies-of-cringe-cringe.gif.7034cb2ee6bffaf7b35d3530f1c4b379.gif

Let's go through your statements before you start trying to defame people here again.

Correct. As mentioned here in my post, I appreciate that: 

It is perfectly okay to disagree with someone because a view is subjective and accordingly cannot be wrong. 

On the other hand, it is different with objective things, because everyone has the same facts on the table. Since I have not read anywhere and there is no statement from Naerais that the CEO has done or said anything, this is speculation on your part that you are trying to put on the table here as facts. Therefore, I would be grateful if you could post a source here.

My wording from this quote is not a fact, which you want to interpret here and pass off as a fact.

I wrote that the CEO did not approach the player base 1 month after taking office. Neither did JC. This statement, just like the action, is true and obvious to everyone. From my life experience I know that such changes are usually communicated. At the latest when JC has been the face for so many years. See the departure of Jeff Kaplan from Blizzard Entertainment as the most recent example, who took the time to still devote himself to the players. That's where the subjective expectation came from. A demand, on the other hand, was never made in my statement. What you read and interpret in it is not what I wrote. 

As I said, it is perfectly okay to disagree. If you think you've won a prize with it now, I don't begrudge you the feeling.

Nevertheless, I would recommend a lecture on objectivity and subjectivity. 

31 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

this is speculation on your part that you are trying to put on the table here as facts

Its standard behavior from PR personal to closely follow CEO's directions.

You are the one assuming she is not working as a team, unlike what is expected.

The fact that she was quite quiet in JC's time and quite communicative with this new CEO suggests there was a change on the communication policy.

Oh, I am pretty sure Naerais knows better. she is also a team player.

The current flurry of "presence" of a CM is entirely in line with the pattern we've seen for the past 3+ years from NQ

If that continues and more importantly continues to increase then sure, this may indicate a change. But so far it is not indicating anything new.

NQ was here ..

BUGS2.gif

Then this happened:

NGcommand.gif

And the real question that needs to be answered is whether the new commander will fly the ship "second start to the right"  or down to the scrapyard. No amount of blogposts or positive presence will mean a thing otherwise.

35 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

What you read and interpret in it is not what I wrote

Nope you wrote this:

4 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

Now words always have several meanings dependent on how those are put.
And I am surely not the best person in interpreting English.

But I get this summary:

"I'm Ruby Founder"
"on the basis of a person's vision"
"don't hear anything wrong him"

"preached to be transparent"

"dick move towards the people"

To me, this can easily translate to "Being an investor, I expected to be warned and informed about management changes"

But the thing is, you are not really an "investor". You are a player that bought a premium package.
I'm sure true contractual investors were warned and informed about the changes.

You have the right to be informed as a player, by the company that sold you your premium package.

That company choose the community manager to keep you informed.

I don't see any "dick move" in this.

On the subject of why the CEO does not speak to us directly. We don't know what's happening inside.

Maybe some kind of legal issue is in order.
Maybe the CEO does not like the sound of his voice.
Maybe all he wants is dollars and wishes we were dead.
Maybe he is still learning how the company works and does not want to rush things.
Maybe they had a public announcement for 2021-06-01, but the information leaked, and now they don't want to cancel the already paid auditorium.

One day, he may tell us why.
But i don't see any issues with his "communications"

2 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Its standard behavior from PR personal to closely follow CEO's directions.

Strictly speaking, she is a community manager, which means that she is the bridge between the brand and the playerbase. I know where you're going with the PR term, but to me that would mean that she's just doing PR and not trying to help the community or organise things that are for the community. And that would not be the case with her. 

But I think we agree that she certainly talks to the team and the CEO and has done a wonderful job in the past and now.  

7 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You are the one assuming she is not working as a team, unlike what is expected.

Again, where is this assumption coming from that I'm saying she's not working with the team? In no word was that mentioned anywhere by me. Again, you are interpreting something I never wrote. 

9 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

The fact that she was quite quiet in JC's time and quite communicative with this new CEO suggests there was a change on the communication policy.

I wrote in my linked post that there is a change that is noticeable in the last 2 weeks. But this was not the point of this discussion now.

My statement was, that neither the CEO nor JC have commented. But you still have to give me your proof, since you claimed that.

3 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Btw, why is it ok to say "dick move" but not "cunt move"? I do not accept the double standards.

Good question! We should note that for the AMA.

7 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

To me, this can easily translate to "Being an investor, I expected to be warned and informed about management changes"

But the thing is, you are not really an "investor". You are a player that bought a premium package.
I'm sure true contractual investors were warned and informed about the changes.

You have the right to be informed as a player, by the company that sold you your premium package.

That company choose the community manager to keep you informed.

In a way, the backers were the driving force.

Without the backers, you wouldn't have been able to see the potential player demographic for Dual Universe. At the end of the KS campaign, we were at about 600k euros, with another 3.5 million coming from investors. We didn't reach the stretchgoal for the bounty system, but it was guaranteed to the backers. At that time, when it was not yet 20 million euros, the players were always thanked, in every video you heard the thank you for the support, etc., etc....  I would have shown a little more gratitude now. But a tacit exchange is certainly not one of them in my eyes.

When I compare DU with other Kickstarter mmorpgs, NQ brings up the rear for me in terms of how it treats its players. 2 weeks does not make you forget 4 1/2 years.

And everything else, as written in the other post, only time will tell.

8 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

2 weeks does not make you forget 4 1/2 years

Sure they don't.
And I'm very critical about the direction this (and the previous management) wants to keep pushing the game to.

But we have to give them a chance. Reevaluate every action they do right now independent of the past.

Some things they will deserve to be hit with "the stick" others they will deserve to get "the carrot".

In my opinion attempt to communicate is positive.
Is it perfect? Nope. But it's better than expected during this turbulent times. And I'm sure the CEO is part of this attempt. So give them a carrot if you want them to continue.. Dont give them the stick....

18 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

I would have shown a little more gratitude now

I'm sure they are grateful.

But they have a player base to deal with, and they cannot discriminate between players.
The CM was tasked to keep us informed, all of us, rubys, backers, subscribers, ppl just browsing the forum.

I'm sure a beta joined player will not have any issue with this.
You have an issue with this because of false expectations you let grow within your self.

I also invested. Allot less than you, 120€.
I also have expectations above a player that just joined.
I also believed JC's vision.

But for me, what I expect their obligation to be is to make this game succeed. And to this obligation, I don't mind them sacrificing everything else. Including communication.

33 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You have an issue with this because of false expectations you let grow within your self.

It was promised that AvA would be worked on first, as CvC was a stretch goal. This was made unmistakably clear in the KS video. The reason why I am here in the first place, by the way. 

This is not a false expectation.

What happened:
NQ: I can do AvA!
Me: *throws money at NQ*.
NQ: *Makes CvC*
Me: *Pikachu face*
NQ: Sorry I didn't meet your expectations.

It certainly wasn't my fault that NQ isn't capable of doing AvA.

Edit: Here is the video, even with timestamp.

Edited by SirJohn85
video added