Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cytoxx

Space Radar

Recommended Posts

Yesterday I wanted to fly from Jago to Teoma.

After a while just before reaching maximum speed I got one-shotted (I guess - since I only received the message that I died and was back at my base).

I didn't even realize that I was getting attacked. And, blue-eyed as I was, I didn't had a radar installed.

 

Today I rebuilt my ship, plus an XS space radar. On my way again to Teoma!

Just after exiting the safe zone (the radar doesn't work inside that zone), the radar shows me some text: an entity with name i.e. Luna, plus a distance - 0.5su, and that I'm out of range (for a lock-on I guess).

That distance slowly increased, so I think it was static. I looked around, couldn't see anything in my vicinity.

 

Now some questions I would like to have cleared up, please:

 

- If I encounter somebody and it's coming closer, how do I know in what direction to fly for avoiding it?

- How do pirates know where I am (maybe even in which direction I'm flying and my speed) so they can intercept and attack me?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before you leave the safe zone, set your base as “warp destination.” If anything happens just warp back. 
 

once you get 1/3 of the way to your destination, set the destination as the the errr. “warp destination.”

 

if anything happens just warp out. 
 

however, soon the PvPers will demand warp interdictors, and you Know NQ, so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

Before you leave the safe zone, set your base as “warp destination.” If anything happens just warp back. 
 

once you get 1/3 of the way to your destination, set the destination as the the errr. “warp destination.”

 

if anything happens just warp out. 
 

however, soon the PvPers will demand warp interdictors, and you Know NQ, so....

And we demand shields, some kind of countermeasures, actual armor with transparent calculations, power management and at freaking least one man ships which can do something in pvp.... So sure, let them have "warp interdictors", as long as we get what we need to say alive while they catch us with that interdictor😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cytoxx said:

Yesterday I wanted to fly from Jago to Teoma.

After a while just before reaching maximum speed I got one-shotted (I guess - since I only received the message that I died and was back at my base).

I didn't even realize that I was getting attacked. And, blue-eyed as I was, I didn't had a radar installed.

 

Today I rebuilt my ship, plus an XS space radar. On my way again to Teoma!

Just after exiting the safe zone (the radar doesn't work inside that zone), the radar shows me some text: an entity with name i.e. Luna, plus a distance - 0.5su, and that I'm out of range (for a lock-on I guess).

That distance slowly increased, so I think it was static. I looked around, couldn't see anything in my vicinity.

 

Now some questions I would like to have cleared up, please:

 

- If I encounter somebody and it's coming closer, how do I know in what direction to fly for avoiding it?

- How do pirates know where I am (maybe even in which direction I'm flying and my speed) so they can intercept and attack me?

 

 

 

 

 

Give this man a shit ton of credit. He got shot in the pvp zone, but came to the forums asking what HE could do better to prevent it. Yes we know pvp needs lots of work, but in the mean time you use what you have. I for one sir applaud you and if you want you can personally message me and I will give you a bunch of tips for avoiding pirates with and without warp. This type of attitude is what people should strive for when choosing to play this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Elrood said:

And we demand shields, some kind of countermeasures, actual armor with transparent calculations, power management and at freaking least one man ships which can do something in pvp.... So sure, let them have "warp interdictors", as long as we get what we need to say alive while they catch us with that interdictor😠

Sure, all those countermeasures are fine to put in as long as it comes with atmo pvp and the majority of the solar system open world so people cant dip in and out of planets for safe zones ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Cytoxx said:

Just after exiting the safe zone (the radar doesn't work inside that zone), the radar shows me some text: an entity with name i.e. Luna, plus a distance - 0.5su, and that I'm out of range (for a lock-on I guess).

Radar absolutely works in the safe zone; we use it all the time to see who's around us before moving out of the safe zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zamiel7 said:

Radar absolutely works in the safe zone; we use it all the time to see who's around us before moving out of the safe zone.

Just found out recently when using 'V' I do see whoever is around me.

Not blind anymore - now I'm comfortable hitting space any time ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cytoxx said:

Just found out recently when using 'V' I do see whoever is around me.

Not blind anymore - now I'm comfortable hitting space any time ;)

Nice! It definitely makes it feel a whole lot better to step out of the safe zone knowing if they are people waiting to nab you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 1:43 PM, JohnnyTazer said:

Give this man a shit ton of credit. He got shot in the pvp zone, but came to the forums asking what HE could do better to prevent it. Yes we know pvp needs lots of work, but in the mean time you use what you have. I for one sir applaud you and if you want you can personally message me and I will give you a bunch of tips for avoiding pirates with and without warp. This type of attitude is what people should strive for when choosing to play this game. 

This right here.

 

Instead of being a victim, they said how can I learn from this to be better!  And they are better for it.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 6:48 AM, GraXXoR said:

Before you leave the safe zone, set your base as “warp destination.” If anything happens just warp back. 
 

once you get 1/3 of the way to your destination, set the destination as the the errr. “warp destination.”

 

if anything happens just warp out. 
 

however, soon the PvPers will demand warp interdictors, and you Know NQ, so....

If it makes you feel better NQ/JC confirmed interdiction and tractor beams a long time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...