Jump to content

So I pay to look at waiting screen?


Guest Pyrate89
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Pyrate89

Seriously? You sell play time and I have to look at waiting screen? You must either add time people wait to their balance or go back to alpha phase and not scam people like this.

"YeAh tHiS iS BetA" - yeah, beta is missing features and minor bugs, paying for play time and waiting in queue for 20 minutes is a major fail of developers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the servers are currently suffering the weight of too much success.


As for lost play-time and what not, I'm sure NQ are aware that in the first thing on the standard PR response handbook when dealing with these issues is to compensate players lost/soured game time, so I would not worry too much about it. It should get progressively better over the coming days. (whether that's due to server capacity increases or players leaving is up to you)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I waited 41 minutes half of that while streaming, guess what, I know this could happened cause I read and understand what I’m getting into. Beta payed or not still beta regardless. Instead of complaining, you should be happy, cause every time I see a 700 or 800+ people queue to get in I dance, why? The more people the more revenue the better the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Iorail said:

I waited 41 minutes half of that while streaming, guess what, I know this could happened cause I read and understand what I’m getting into. Beta payed or not still beta regardless. Instead of complaining, you should be happy, cause every time I see a 700 or 800+ people queue to get in I dance, why? The more people the more revenue the better the game.

Yes - beta, you actually don't understand what beta means. It is explained in original post, please try reading again.

You don't charge for time of service if you cannot provide it, it doesn't matter what it is. Every subscription based game is dealing with this issue by giving back that wasted time. Now I'm not saying DU devs won't, but there is no official statement yet, so I'm complaining, because there's a reason for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Megaddd said:

Well, the servers are currently suffering the weight of too much success.


As for lost play-time and what not, I'm sure NQ are aware that in the first thing on the standard PR response handbook when dealing with these issues is to compensate players lost/soured game time, so I would not worry too much about it. It should get progressively better over the coming days. (whether that's due to server capacity increases or players leaving is up to you)

Yes, that is what I am expecting, but as there is no official statement from the devs - here I am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Guest Pyrate89 said:

Seriously? You sell play time and I have to look at waiting screen? You must either add time people wait to their balance or go back to alpha phase and not scam people like this.

"YeAh tHiS iS BetA" - yeah, beta is missing features and minor bugs, paying for play time and waiting in queue for 20 minutes is a major fail of developers.

Beta is "feature complete" and "looking for bugs that are visible on scaling up the user base". Guess what, we've been exploring the edges of what happens as the numbers scale today.

 

You were told it wasn't a done game. You paid anyway. Be angry at yourself, and no one else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Pyrate89 said:

You don't charge for time of service if you cannot provide it, it doesn't matter what it is. 

It this case the sub were paid for is actually a "pledge" ....they generally don't come with assurances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pyrate89 said:

Yes - beta, you actually don't understand what beta means. It is explained in original post, please try reading again.

You don't charge for time of service if you cannot provide it, it doesn't matter what it is. Every subscription based game is dealing with this issue by giving back that wasted time. Now I'm not saying DU devs won't, but there is no official statement yet, so I'm complaining, because there's a reason for that.

You need to go back and read what a beta is, if you are not happy then, no one can help you. Yes they charge, so what? You wait to get in? So what? Waiting means people are here, lots of them. Tell me if a game that has done what this game is doing, and still have staff here on a weekend rebooting the server and applying patches just a week after general release, I’ll wait.......well may I won’t wait cause there is none.

Now, take a chill pill, enjoy the queue as good sign, cause you don’t know what REAL“beta” issues are, relax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pyrate89 said:

Yes - beta, you actually don't understand what beta means. It is explained in original post, please try reading again.

You don't charge for time of service if you cannot provide it, it doesn't matter what it is. Every subscription based game is dealing with this issue by giving back that wasted time. Now I'm not saying DU devs won't, but there is no official statement yet, so I'm complaining, because there's a reason for that.

WoW, Eve, FF14 none of them give back time spent waiting on queues. Where on earth did you get that idea? I have played mmos for 20 years and can not once say a single one gave me time back for waiting for any of the aforementioned. Only time I have been given any type of compensation is for extended outages (4+ hours) and that is only for outages. Not to mention MMO access plans or service based subscriptions do not guarantee 100% access on an on-demand basis if it is not defined in a ToS.

 

Also, welcome to a beta! Here we find issues and determine server scaling to handle the influx of people willing to participate, and before you tell me to "read what a beta is" this is exactly what a beta is:

 

Beta: Software is tested for bugs, crashes, errors, inconsistencies and any other problems (note the any can denote scalability issues such as this)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You make PVP game with time based skills and player driven economy.

The sooner you star the better as it gives you advantage over others.

You make "beta" and announce no more wipes, so competitive oriented player see this as first "go now" sign (and it is).

 

It's not like you can "join in 6 months at release" and have a level playing field... Those who start now will point 50L guns each on your speeder in 6 months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, XKentX said:

It's not like you can "join in 6 months at release" and have a level playing field... Those who start now will point 50L guns each on your speeder in 6 months. 

And how do you know this isn’t happening right now? Regardless, the Beta started 1 week prior to general release, plenty of time (and opportunities) to get ahead for those that have been playing this game since Alpha 3 years ago. That knowledge they acquired and that extra week will always give them an advantage over anyone else. This is why we have Organizations and you can join up to 5 at the same time, that’s how you cut the distance, not when you started or didn’t started.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...