I haven't seen much on this and haven't heard if it's planned, so here it is:

I think combat should include explosive elements like mines, bombs, and grenades. Blast radius weapons that aren't just point and shoot. The potential overpoweredness of it could be tamed with appropriate defenses such as shields, radar, fancy footwork, and active protection systems (point defense, countermeasures, laser missile defense, etc.). I think it would add a lot of richness and tactical diversity to the combat dynamic.

Thoughts? ? ? ?

Anti aircraft fuse???

You mean proximity fuse?

As the combat is stat based those fuses would mean, that you still do fragmentation (and possible explosion, depending on how much you "missed") damage if you didn't hit the target "directly".

Mass destruction .... Just got 1000 - 5000 crew and each got a turret with the maximum explosive allow in go to fire a same target a same time then ...

15 hours ago, Omfgreenhair said:

something about not wanting weapons of mass destruction. Although, knowing gamers, we'll find a way. You hear me, NQ? WE'LL FIND A WAY! *mad laughter*

build a planet the half the size of Alioth and ram n bounce it off Alioth......  surely Alioth would move.... wouldnt it? :P 

On 3/19/2018 at 8:03 AM, Omfgreenhair said:

something about not wanting weapons of mass destruction. Although, knowing gamers, we'll find a way. You hear me, NQ? WE'LL FIND A WAY! *mad laughter*

^ this is why we can't have nice things.