Free to Play

Onennon

This game has everything I have asked for. Building, Exploration, open world(s)... but I have nearly no money or source of income, and while I would love to be able to play, the pay to play game type is too much for me. I can understand not accepting my idea, I am only 1 person, but I do believe you could get more players using free to play. If you want money so badly, create a premium account that allows larger ships, or skins and items. You're making a great game, but sometimes pay to play doesn't settle well in the community.

P2P may not always settle with the community, but F2P NEVER settles with the community.

However, if you're able to afford just a couple months... you can purchase further gametime with in-game currency.  I believe they are also looking at a severely gimped "F2P" account that can do a few basic things, like a "trial" of the game.  Not sure if that's still on the drawing board though, there was quite a bit of flak towards the idea.

This game has everything I have asked for. Building, Exploration, open world(s)... but I have nearly no money or source of income, and while I would love to be able to play, the pay to play game type is too much for me. I can understand not accepting my idea, I am only 1 person, but I do believe you could get more players using free to play. If you want money so badly, create a premium account that allows larger ships, or skins and items. You're making a great game, but sometimes pay to play doesn't settle well in the community.

As Hades said, you can play the game with your in-game money only (buy DAC, same thing as PLEX in eve)

In regard to DU, P2P is the only way to go.

Oh and the free trial will only last for 2 - 4 weeks, it's not permanent

You know, games are expensive to develop, it's not that they grow on trees. If you don't have money than you cannot support the game and its future development, you can't pay for the servers and so on. Why do you think you have the right to play? You have 2 choices: pay to play or play more hours than the average, in a way that you'll generate enough content for the p2p players, that will then buy the sub for you (DAC)

And no, there's no need for premium stuff that will take development time away from the main future features, just to let the people that does not contribute to mantain the game (f2p players) play the game for free. 10$ month is not much, especially if you alternate buying dacs sometimes, you just need to work 1-2 hours depending on your country.

why do nearly all f2p players suggest some premium content that would defintiely influence the gameplay (larger ships) before a game lunches but complain about it after it runs? :P

Science fiction Sandbox games are not mainstream enough to be successful with f2p + itemshop, its as simple as that.

If you can, save up for a high level pledge, you get lifetime subscription as a result. I myself abhor subscriptions and much rather pay a one time fee than monthly. Its not for everyone but it is what it is.

F2P is a bad bad bad bad bad, did I say bad? Idea. Im not really a fan of subscription service game models but for a game I really want to play and see myself playing alot, I will definitely support this game when I'm ready to play it.

If you can, save up for a high level pledge, you get lifetime subscription as a result. I myself abhor subscriptions and much rather pay a one time fee than monthly. Its not for everyone but it is what it is.

While I'd rather keep my money, i like the p2p system because the games are better. Devs have money and motive to keep developing the game over just creating skins and outfits like in a F2P.

Wanting to support the game I was going to back anyway, but when I saw the option for a lifetime sub I went higher and backed Saphire (or was it Ruby) to get that.

And depending on how the game plays, if having a second account is useful for more than infultration, I'll sub for it. Afterall, I only had 5 Eve accounts