XBOX ONE OR XBOX SCORPIO PLEASE?!?!

TANK102703

And how would the console peasants script their own ships? They can't even tell about system specs and they have not even felt the power of 4K yet. This game would be too much for the console peasants. Too much power I say thee, too much power for the lesser CoDBlOpers.

I just don't know how building would work on a console either.  I don't mind if they want to make a different console version separate from the pc version, but please don't screw up the interface and bypass my keyboard so I can still play it on my pc.

Sorry about the three times thing my phone froze and somehow did that. But this scripting thing could possibly be a tab in a pause and some how convert it into that but building would seem easy. Sorry if that makes no sense I have no experience in scripting and coding because I'm 12 and have to wait till high school for a class like that and I don't won't to learn online because I feel like it could possibly be inaccurate. I'm sorry I'm just more familiar with Xbox controls. Many if they added controller support it would be better. Another reason I want it on Xbox is so I can play with my friends who can't afford good quality PCs.

And how would the console peasants script their own ships? They can't even tell about system specs and they have not even felt the power of 4K yet. This game would be too much for the console peasants. Too much power I say thee, too much power for the lesser CoDBlOpers.

It's not possible to plug keybord into Xbox? Or mouse what so ever? I'm pretty sure I've managed to plug both devices into Xbox. Don't get me wrong, I'm not console fan, in the matter of fact I hate em, but I've got one at my place and I haven't got any purpose for it expects for catching dust. So if it was possible to play DU on Xbox I wouldn't have to buy new computer for my girlfriend so she could play - I know, I'm terrible cheap cheap person :-D.

It's not possible to plug keybord into Xbox? Or mouse what so ever? I'm pretty sure I've managed to plug both devices into Xbox. Don't get me wrong, I'm not console fan, in the matter of fact I hate em, but I've got one at my place and I haven't got any purpose for it expects for catching dust. So if it was possible to play DU on Xbox I wouldn't have to buy new computer for my girlfriend so she could play - I know, I'm terrible cheap cheap person :-D.

You are confusing the ability to plug-in a keyboard, and having an operating system that can work with them. X Box one uses native C# which requires you to translate LUA on the user's end for it to work. THAT, would make your game go even slower with the amount of scripted ships in the game.

And you can build a medium-high specs PC for 350 to 450 $. A console costs more and performs less, not to mention the 30 fps cap a console will have to add to the game so it won't explode, a 30 fps cap that it will go to slide-show mode once more than 50 ships pop up in your screen and the game is not CoD, it aims for over 4000 players possibly on one spot.

Paace.

You are confusing the ability to plug-in a keyboard, and having an operating system that can work with them. X Box one uses native C# which requires you to translate LUA on the user's end for it to work. THAT, would make your game go even slower with the amount of scripted ships in the game.

And you can build a medium-high specs PC for 350 to 450 $. A console costs more and performs less, not to mention the 30 fps cap a console will have to add to the game so it won't explode, a 30 fps cap that it will go to slide-show mode once more than 50 ships pop up in your screen and the game is not CoD, it aims for over 4000 players possibly on one spot.

Paace.

So Xbox 1 can't be reprogrammed by game? Oh it doesn't matter, I'll have to get back to thoughts about new machine for my girlfriend. In our case desktop is not an option, she needs to have laptop, same as me so it really increases costs... Althou we are ecological, and we save power - 10 workhours of typical desktop costs 1$ in a place I live, for this price I can play on my laptop 40-50 hours. Hope that till DU release nVidia 1k cards will be well settled in laptops so 9xx GTX series get cheaper... And our Xbox, well it will remain useless furniture.

So Xbox 1 can't be reprogrammed by game? Oh it doesn't matter, I'll have to get back to thoughts about new machine for my girlfriend. In our case desktop is not an option, she needs to have laptop, same as me so it really increases costs... Althou we are ecological, and we save power - 10 workhours of typical desktop costs 1$ in a place I live, for this price I can play on my laptop 40-50 hours. Hope that till DU release nVidia 1k cards will be well settled in laptops so 9xx GTX series get cheaper... And our Xbox, well it will remain useless furniture.

JC Bailie, the game's project developer and inceptor, run the game on a laptop, while running its server and given it was a two years old laptop according to some sources on Reddit, I can see a next-gen laptop to run the game just fine. Lenovo = the way.

THe graphics might be gimped, but the game demonstrated a dynamic resolution to decrease load on the player's side of the screen, similar to how Halo 5 (whatever is the one with Locke in it) to handle load to maintain a steady flow of 60 fps. 

It's funny how having 60 fps on a console is "an achievement" ... anywho, the point is by the time the game is out, it will be so optimised a laptop can run it. The devs have shown they know their craft, so you don't have to worry.

I'd like to see this game on both PC and console and here's why:

1) You have a larger potential community the more platforms that you are able to run it on - more people in an MMO the better the experience all around.

2) The specs for consoles like Xbox tend to be much stricter than on PC, so in the end the game is much better optimized.  This is a huge advantage for PC players where you can build a top-end system that's way better than any console.

1) You have a larger potential community the more platforms that you are able to run it on - more people in an MMO the better the experience all around.

2) The specs for consoles like Xbox tend to be much stricter than on PC, so in the end the game is much better optimized.  This is a huge advantage for PC players where you can build a top-end system that's way better than any console.

Yeah, optimised like Arkham Knight? You want the game to be limited to 30 fps so the consolers don't feel the inferiority complex that grips - and allways will - grip them? Cause that is what "optimising for consoles" really does.

Plus, a person running the game on PS4 will have to pay two subscriptions for his PSNetwork and the game.

Yeah, optimised like Arkham Knight? You want the game to be limited to 30 fps so the consolers don't feel the inferiority complex that grips - and allways will - grip them? Cause that is what "optimising for consoles" really does.

Plus, a person running the game on PS4 will have to pay two subscriptions for his PSNetwork and the game.

There are advantages and disadvantages to everything.  I believe this game is structured much differently than a first person shooter, so I doubt there will be no frame rate throttling going on.  In my experience, games that have been ported to console have been improved, and I believe the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.  

Furthermore, I'd rather see a game that has a solid 30 FPS to one that can run at up to 60 then lag out to 2 FPS and everywhere in between. 

There are advantages and disadvantages to everything.  I believe this game is structured much differently than a first person shooter, so I doubt there will be no frame rate throttling going on.  In my experience, games that have been ported to console have been improved, and I believe the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.  

Furthermore, I'd rather see a game that has a solid 30 FPS to one that can run at up to 60 then lag out to 2 FPS and everywhere in between. 

Tell me one MMO that was built for PC, ported to a console and then got improved. I only know of Planetside as an MMO(FPS) that was ported and it's a pile of very very very slow combat, compared to the PC version, due to PS4 not being able to emulate the fast-paced combat Planetside 2 is known for. And the graphics don't even matter, shaders have been gimped so much, the game looks like having dolls shooting at one another.

1. I don't want console support, because of the community that comes with it. These guys are highly toxic, if you want a proof for that you must only look on the Fallout 4 Mod debacle.

2. Yes console games might be better optimized, but that comes with the loss of fancyness and possible some features, that the consoles can't handle.

JC Bailie, the game's project developer and inceptor, run the game on a laptop, while running its server and given it was a two years old laptop according to some sources on Reddit, I can see a next-gen laptop to run the game just fine. Lenovo = the way.

THe graphics might be gimped, but the game demonstrated a dynamic resolution to decrease load on the player's side of the screen, similar to how Halo 5 (whatever is the one with Locke in it) to handle load to maintain a steady flow of 60 fps.

It's funny how having 60 fps on a console is "an achievement" ... anywho, the point is by the time the game is out, it will be so optimised a laptop can run it. The devs have shown they know their craft, so you don't have to worry.

Wysłano very heard about this famous laptop. It will be nice if minimum requirements ware low, easy to meet. However age of laptop is not a big thing. I had to spend 1k euro (1.1k $) for a laptop that could compare my pervious 5 year old 7kilo high end rig-top (which finally fried itself). When I read about wonders of DU, gigantic bases, ships, cities placed on planets and thousands of players I start doubting my recent purchase.

Wysłano very heard about this famous laptop. It will be nice if minimum requirements ware low, easy to meet. However age of laptop is not a big thing. I had to spend 1k euro (1.1k $) for a laptop that could compare my pervious 5 year old 7kilo high end rig-top (which finally fried itself). When I read about wonders of DU, gigantic bases, ships, cities placed on planets and thousands of players I start doubting my recent purchase.

Sure, the game is going to be optimised for launch on a greater variety or rigs. It's just that the Alpha is meant for those optimisations good sir. The only "real" issue I can see with very low settings, is possibly the game having to ditch any universal backgorund, like distant neublas and such, to mitigate any hindrance on lower spec systems to join.

Really? Come on now i know you can do MUCH better then that!

To my great shame, I have not kept up with laptops. But Lenovo can do pretty much anything a medium range desktop can do. At least, as far as my interaction with them goes. They even come out with 16 GB of RAM, so, there's that as well.

My laptop has a 970m same cpu 16 gigs of ram a 2 terabit drive with a 256 gig ssd and cheaper then there's (not much just $100) that has a weaker everything but the cpu. I am slightly worried about performance in this game but I should be fine.

oh and i was able to customize it the way i wanted it. with them its one size fits all. believe it or not but dell actually has better laptops than them.

My laptop has a 970m same cpu 16 gigs of ram a 2 terabit drive with a 256 gig ssd and cheaper then there's (not much just $100) that has a weaker everything but the cpu. I am slightly worried about performance in this game but I should be fine.

oh and i was able to customize it the way i wanted it. with them its one size fits all. believe it or not but dell actually has better laptops than them.

What you described is a monster-truck of a laptop. How did you even fit an SSD and an HardDisk in there? :P 

In any case, your rig can run Planetside for sure, definitely a much BETTER engine that the Unigine 2 is. And trust me on this, Landmark/Planetside's LIghtforge engine is tos not fine on any user's end. My 36 GB RAM moaned whenever I dared to look up in the sky on Landmark, which is a bereft chore to fix in any shape or form. The Devs of DUAL go for a much different approach on their design, and judging by the latest footage, they do utilise dynamic resolution to an extend to keep the load on the RAM stable. Laptops could run the game, my reckon is on a 30+ fps range, but not on the same level of resolution texture-wise that a desktop could.

What you described is a monster-truck of a laptop. How did you even fit an SSD and an HardDisk in there? :P 

In any case, your rig can run Planetside for sure, definitely a much BETTER engine that the Unigine 2 is. And trust me on this, Landmark/Planetside's LIghtforge engine is tos not fine on any user's end. My 36 GB RAM moaned whenever I dared to look up in the sky on Landmark, which is a bereft chore to fix in any shape or form. The Devs of DUAL go for a much different approach on their design, and judging by the latest footage, they do utilise dynamic resolution to an extend to keep the load on the RAM stable. Laptops could run the game, my reckon is on a 30+ fps range, but not on the same level of resolution texture-wise that a desktop could.

Its a 17.3 so it has the room. If I remember correctly I could actually fit 1 more drive in it? and yes it is a monster of a machine. The amount of gaming I do it is required plus the stuff I did on youtube when I had the time. Even still cant play ark on max settings  :blink: .