XBOX ONE OR XBOX SCORPIO PLEASE?!?!

TANK102703

As far as the topic of this game on console. Just no. The console is designed for casual social experience not gaming such as this level of detail and though I do wish all could be equal (i actually do though I hate the toxicity of most console gamers) this is not their intended purpose. And with that in mind their OS is far to limiting and their hardware far under powered. Yes i do realize Scorpio is going to "upgrade" their hardware to help alleviate this issue you still have the confinements of the OS that still can not take full advantage of the hardware unlike a PC. That's not to mention the peripherals are not meant for this type of game as well. 

Its a 17.3 so it has the room. If I remember correctly I could actually fit 1 more drive in it? and yes it is a monster of a machine. The amount of gaming I do it is required plus the stuff I did on youtube when I had the time. Even still cant play ark on max settings  :blink: .

Nothing can play anything on a Cry Engine game on max settings good sir. Except for the new GTX1080 perhaps . That thing should be on a NASA computer, not in a gaming rig xD .

Sure, the game is going to be optimised for launch on a greater variety or rigs. It's just that the Alpha is meant for those optimisations good sir. The only "real" issue I can see with very low settings, is possibly the game having to ditch any universal backgorund, like distant neublas and such, to mitigate any hindrance on lower spec systems to join.

I always thought alpha stage is about content, beta is about optimisation and killing digi-roaches. But you are programmer, so I guess I thought wrong.

Anyway, I just hope DU will work on my machine, all I want is 40fps on lowest settings in crowded, filled with constructions world.

I always thought alpha stage is about content, beta is about optimisation and killing digi-roaches. But you are programmer, so I guess I thought wrong.

Anyway, I just hope DU will work on my machine, all I want is 40fps on lowest settings in crowded, filled with constructions world.

Usually Alpha is about killing the bugs, it's a nightmarish place of glitches and unintended hilarity (most of the times :V ), and Beta is where the game is accessed by fresh eyes, that will do freshly unforeseen things to refine the code and give the game an optimisation feedback. Gotta have priorities good sir, you can't paint a car if you haven't built its frame yet :P

I really don't know how easy it is to create settings where performance can scale from very high to very low. But I would suggest this since this is an MMO, you want as many people to play as possible, and not repel too many players with very high system requirements.

Only after that was achieved should porting even be considered. If it could be ported without any effects on PC players would I go along with it. DU shouldn't be gimped by the low-performance consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

2 terabit drive

250 gigabytes? boah that must be cozy :P

confinements of the OS that still can not take full advantage of the hardware unlike a PC. That's not to mention the peripherals are not meant for this type of game as well. 

that is actually wrong.

PCs have much more unused capacities because programs have to work on much more different hardware configurations.

a console has only one possible configuration which allows much more optimisation and special case coding for exactly that hardware which allows better usage of the available hardware.

a dev has as much access to optimise on a console as on a pc, but on a console its much much easier to deeply optimise because its only one possible hardware configuration.

the advantage of a PC is that you can put a lot more powerful hardware in there and that you can do more on it than just game :)