Music

Hylios

As a person who is very musically inclined, I would love to see music in a more intractable form.

What I have mind is something like instruments we can play, or jukeboxes, as well as a way to import our own music.

That last is pretty much wishful thinking on my part, as I have no idea how that could be coded in. But I know that Starbound has done it, where you move an ABC file into a folder in the game's files, and the song (the ABC file) is now available for the player to perform on the instruments in the game.

In general, I would love to see music beyond the general ambience that comes from a source, be it a player or a jukebox type thing.

Hi Hylios,

A similar idea (but probably not this extent) was suggested a few months ago (by Petdcat, if I remember correctly).

This is still something that must be discussed internally. The 2 main obstacles would be:

- to be sure there is no legal problem to allow imported music.

- the time to develop this and include it on the roadmap. 

I'll keep you informed as this topic evolves in the team.

P.S: I have deleted the copy of this post to keep the forum tidy ;)

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Tchaikovsky used cannons in his music. I Think we'd do just as well with some engines. I hadn't thought of using lua to script something in the game. Guess that means I should probably learn it, right?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Grin.  A topic near and dear to my heart.  I would love if we could have cantina/taverns/bars/club where you could actually have a DJ push their stream into the world.   It just makes the world more social and more dynamic.   Plus, it would allow me to aggravate everyone with my symphonic metal collection   :)