What did you enjoy the most about this game?

aliensalmon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two things really.

1. The ability to build things. To design and build cool creations is a continuing joy always.

2. The ability to FLY my ships. diving into atmo in a barrel roll the Halo of fiction heat spiraling off into my wake. Weeeeee!

I joined immediately after the 0.23 (Schematics) update, so I enjoyed the aftermath of all the poorly received updates, cost cutting measures, broken promises and the momentous slide into obscurity. I still maintain that if they played-back some of the wort-received updates to this game in reverse, we'd be in the exponential growth.

Speed limits -> No limits (30k top speed for all)
Taxes / Claiming -> No tax, auto clean up.
Mining minigame -> Mining meganodes
Schematics -> Free for all industry

P.S. Precision Voxel tool was a positive update, but a little too late.

- I greatly enjoyed learning how to build and script effective designs.

- The first time you successfully enter space and safely return again, was epic. (The failures where also entertaining, in their own way).

- I enjoyed industry before 0.23.

- And in the beginning I had a good time exploring space, planets and the underground cave systems. But sadly, that did not last long since there was nothing to discover.

I haven't played much in awhile mainly because mining was gone. Almost my entire friend group loved to mine its what we loved doing which was main reason for purchasing the game. I know there is asteroids but its not the same. 

Hopefully they bring a free to play model to Dual Universe (maybe limit what skills can be trained with also 1 signed on account per PC.  Going to play it again for a bit to see how things have changed. Keen to see what's new.

For all this game's problems, the first time I broke out of the atmosphere in a ship of my design gave me the kind of thrill I hadn't experienced from a game in many years. It was the kind of feeling I got got when experiencing something truly new in gaming.