Please go back to 5 headquarters.

GrayLeader

So we asked a lot people and everyone has said the same thing.

Please go back to the 5 headquarter tyles.

So its very very very irritating to not have the original 5 headquarter tyles in the game.

As and example im not a miner but a builder i make content ie ships building kits and other stuff.

I do not mine and as such refuse to pay taxes on a tyle as that would kill the game for me.

However i need the 5 tyles just personally because i dont want my store and my base right on top of each other as that just generates a lot of lag.

benefits

1st. builders would have more room to expand and make new content.

2nd. the building areas would feel less congested as we could spread out more.

3rd. adds some more options for base building and spreading stuff out to create a more realistic base.

I disagree, we shouldnt have 5 hq tiles, we should have 5 hq tiles per planet. 

Also have to say that we definitely need more interesting mechanics for mining units bonus and taxes such as lowering the taxes and allowing orgs to declare alliances so that tiles can get bonuses or even negative affects, a better yield randomizer, and lastly territory warefare that makes sense, then the hq amount needs to be reconsidered.

2 hours ago, emladra said:

So we asked a lot people and everyone has said the same thing.

Please go back to the 5 headquarter tyles.

So its very very very irritating to not have the original 5 headquarter tyles in the game.

As and example im not a miner but a builder i make content ie ships building kits and other stuff.

I do not mine and as such refuse to pay taxes on a tyle as that would kill the game for me.

However i need the 5 tyles just personally because i dont want my store and my base right on top of each other as that just generates a lot of lag.

benefits

1st. builders would have more room to expand and make new content.

2nd. the building areas would feel less congested as we could spread out more.

3rd. adds some more options for base building and spreading stuff out to create a more realistic base.

I think your main point is you don't have enough space, my main counter argument is what's wrong with building in space where your not limited? The lighting kinda sucks but otherwise I prefer it.

Secondly, the tiles cost money to host so if you want more than getting another account is basically what NQ wants.

11 hours ago, Talocan said:

We don't need to let people and their alts sit on tiles indefinitely with no way to make them change owner any more than we already do.

As long as someone is paying the subscription, that have just as much right to hold a tile as anyone else. And this kind of persistence was supposed to be a key feature of DU, and something that made it different from all the other MMO's out there.

The mechanics for changing ownership (before server cost became the key motivator for changes) was always supposed to be trading or ground based warfare.

So the problem is two fold where NQ are implementing cost driven changes that are clashing with the game design, and at the same time not implementing key features needed for the game to function as planned.

2 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

So the problem is two fold where NQ are implementing cost driven changes that are clashing with the game design, and at the same time not implementing key features needed for the game to function as planned.

Exactly. This is why I expect another bombshell from NQ, in the form of a tile reset or worst case another full wipe.

As a builder i just want to have my store and my building area without the lag so having a few extra hq tiles goes a long way to helping this. Also what people do with what is theres is not my business nor do i care (example if i buy a car and dont drive it thats my problem not someone elses) there is plenty of land to pick from.

7 hours ago, Leniver said:

Agree, having 5 HQ would not hurt anyone knowing that 70% of the tile in a planet are useless in term of ore collection.

Having 5 HQ's would mean 3 toons could lock down an ore producing flower instead of 5.  Hurting those that want ore producing flowers. 

I am not against 5 HQ's thow.  Since you need an active account for 1 of the 3 months to lock down an HQ. IE your paying for it. 

Edited by RugesV