What is it the youngsters say?

GraXXoR

Imma js gnna lev ths here...

Why is the world so obsessed with hype and why can't NQ see this...

The reason why the game is so good is that the people behind it learnt from their mistakes. they admitted to their failures and changed direction. This is something other companies could learn from but... unfortunately there are too few examples of that.

I still hope that NQ can pull a(n) HG and revitalize  the game..

29 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

They could also learn from Final fantasy 14.

That's really a great example...

FF14 was at a time Square-Enix's biggest and mostly costly disaster. It's now the most profitable final fantasy game of all time. 

Not only did they have to rebuild the game from scratch, they did it as they were maintaining the older version. In less than 3 years. 

From the game's wikipedia: 

He identified three main reasons why the original launch failed: an over-emphasis on graphical quality, a lack of modern MMORPG expertise in the development team, and a mentality that all problems could be fixed in future patches

NQ clearly doesn't have an issue with the first point...but the others fit NQ like a glove. 

Unfortunately...I'm not convinced that NQ's leadership has the same level of humility and self-reflection that Hello Games (or even SquareEnix) has...and certainly doesn't have nearly the same level of hype or publicity, which makes "coming back" a lot more difficult even if they were able to revamp or rebuild the game. 

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

Not only did they have to rebuild the game from scratch, they did it as they were maintaining the older version. In less than 3 years.

@NQ - Is UE5 being investigated for an engine swap?  Is this the reason we haven't seen any significant changes other than clamping down on faucets?  If yes then I'm all aboard.  If not then I'm not going to include you on my list of holiday card recipients when I win the lotto.

Oh look another update... and another faucet debuff.. (sure it was broken, so fair enough... I guess)
Anyone surprised?

And what "improvements" did this one bring?

• [Mining Unit] Added mining and calibration time restrictions preventing them from being picked up and moved while active or recently calibrated or started when zero ore is remaining on the territory.
  • Updated the ingame credits.

Ah, NQ really pulling their finger out... Talk about full steam ahead development! Seriously breakneck, no holds barred, balls to the wall development speed I'm seeing post "release".
Hack, with this incredible rate of development we might actually have a full game by 2034.

Deprovements

• [Mining Unit Tutorial] During the Mining Unit calibration, the player can no longer lock themselves using the ESC key.
  • [Mining Unit] Added mining and calibration time restrictions preventing Players from picking them up as intended and move them while active or recently calibrated or started when zero ore is remaining on the territory. We missed the opportunity to make ore more scarce so fixed it while introducing another time-sink on high demand from the players, just like the purple voxels!
  • [Mining Unit] Implemented better  Any feedback.
  • Updated the ingame credits.

Fixed it