Pending Operation

Matches42

The worst part for me (especially during the NDA period), was reading the interviews and looking at videos showing something that did not even remotely resemble the actual state of the game. And then having to read the comments from people looking forward to playing what they heard and saw, remembering how I felt the same in the beginning and knowing the rude awakening headed their way.

The worst is the PvP trailer: "We Shall Fight"

The vessels with the engines at full speed while they are going at maximum 396km / h ...

Blue indicators for the allied fleet, and red for the enemy fleet.

The combat zone of maximum 5 kilometers in diameter ...

Hunters fly close a capital ship 100m away.

Hunters who fight in doght fight at 400m range and 22km above the surface of a planet!

So it's not completely false, indeed we can do that in game ...
But it is very far from reality.

I thought PENDING OPERATION Alioth PENDING OPERATION was bad PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION.  After PENDING OPERATION taking a tour of PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION the system PENDING OPERATION and dropping TCU's PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION I realized PENDING OPERATION it's sooooooo PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION much worse PENDING OPERATION everywhere PENDING OPERATION PENDING OPERATION else.  

Super PENDING OPERATION fun.  

100 meters in an hour today.  I counted 22 "PENDING OPERATION" messages at one point to get 1 cycle of dirt out of my way.  At this rate, it will take me 10 hours to hit my target at 1000 meters.  This is unplayable broken hot garbage.  

Yet you keep subjecting yourself to it. 
that’s just plain weird. 

why do something when you know it’s broken?

when something is broken that I can’t fix, I leave it alone and don’t waste my precious, ever vanishing time on it. 

Today I watched some Dylan Moran where he talked about the pain of being the only one in the fancy coffee shop without an “Edwardian Cricketer’s Beard” and then watched the movie Tenet which I had been meaning to get around to.

there are far more enjoyable things in life than wasting an hour in a broken game, then wasting time complaining about it to others. 

seriously, did you really -I mean, really- spend 1 hour digging 100m of imaginary voxels in a broken video game?

Wow. 

I was ready to quit after 5 minutes/5 meters, but kept going out of a masochistic curiosity to see how long it would take to punch a 100m hole in the ground.  Yes, it took me an hour.  Wife is out of town, so thought I would attempt to play a game I really wanted to enjoy. 

I'm bitching about it because 1. it's worth bitching about a game I paid for being broken AF and 2. It's so slow at work today, I'm almost convinced Novaquark designed my workday and don't have much better to do.  How about you?  Do you enjoy paying for shit that doesn't work and throwing your money into the void?  That's just weird.

On 5/30/2021 at 12:33 PM, GraXXoR said:

Solvable, like most problems... Just make a new ground element call them underground cores  in several sizes XS S M L that can be placed like static cores, or even make it a feature of current static cores themselves...and prevent "monthly tunnel collapse" within their cubes...   

Send an email to all the players giving fair warning to place these cores.

why not just modify existing static cores to do exactly this?

15 minutes ago, Sybily said:

why not just modify existing static cores to do exactly this?

Modifying stuff that already exists in a program retroactively holds a lot of risks and requires lots of testing. Creating a new element with a specific effect is easier to test. 

I was just considering the coding skills of the devs.

these guys invariably break stuff that they touch. Best to leave cores as they are. A new ground element is likely safer.  

but since the forums are all but ignored, I don’t see the point of expensing effort coming up with ideas that will never influence the game. It’s just onanism.