Jump to content

This is war (?)


 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Lethys said:

No, you say it's not correct. Oh wait, you just said "keep this in mind"

 

Everyone else thinks it's fine to talk about what other ppl said about du 

Players are players, may not understand what is appropriate to do on a forum, or may know exactly what is and stay on the green. For those, "keep that in mind"

 

But don't you wonder what a "good discussion" is?

Is it in @LauriFB's best interest that NQ figures out the issues of the DU?

 

And you all can think of me as an "annoying lurker". I have earned that from many of you.

But why should @LauriFB call me one when I'm expressing my concern that this kind of topic may be used to promote competitors?

 

Does your "hate" for me blind you to the awkwardness of this situation?

Does it blind you to the fact that when Daphne said this:

3 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

It does make me less likely to try Starbase. 

Minutes later @LauriFBregistered to this forum to say this?

2 hours ago, LauriFB said:

I really could have said that in a nicer tone, my sincere apologies!

 

Im not saying the op intended it this way, or any of you did -> "keep that in mind"

But LauriFB's objective here is one, and one alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Players are players, may not understand what is appropriate to do on a forum, or may know exactly what is and stay on the green. For those, "keep that in mind"

You too don't understand what's approriate then. Glad we have that off the table. 

Keeping on rambling about other points is pretty useless when I adressed only one point you made so I just ignore the rest of your ramblings 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@NQ, I don't want to state the obvious, but if you need more cash:

- enable Recruit a Friend program

- in-game cash shop for skins etc

- launch on Steam/Epic whatever

- I'm pretty sure Epic would be open to some kind of deal..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lethys said:

You too don't understand what's approriate then. Glad we have that off the table. 

Keeping on rambling about other points is pretty useless when I adressed only one point you made so I just ignore the rest of your ramblings 

No, please tell me.

What is the genuine motive for LauliFB to register here and apologize?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

No, please tell me.

What is the genuine motive for LauliFB to register here and apologize?

His actions here have nothing to do with this discussion being ok for ppl because we discussed what someone said about du, which isnt promoting sb. Which you implied. And I called out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Metric said:

- launch on Steam/Epic whatever

- I'm pretty sure Epic would be open to some kind of deal..

I wander the conditions Steam/Epic/else would ask.

 

Those platforms charge a % of the game price.

Say like 30% (steam did that for some games)

 

What would steam sell?

DU as a game?

DACs?

6 months subscription?

 

Is there any subscription MMO on steam? (really asking, don't know the answer)

 

If DU had an issue in being known, sure. Steam and others are great to get players to know new games.

But DU right now has an image problem.

How would a 20% steam good review rate help?

 

How would sharing the profit with steam help?

 

I really don't see store platforms as a solution for this.

 

10 minutes ago, Metric said:

- enable Recruit a Friend program

- in-game cash shop for skins etc

 

Sure, why not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

And you all can think of me as an "annoying lurker". I have earned that from many of you.

But why should @LauriFB call me one when I'm expressing my concern that this kind of topic may be used to promote competitors?

Who said you were referenced here. Why do you always seem to think that anything posted after you post is referencing you? I am pretty sure the reference was not at all to you.

And besides that, who are you to determine what is or is not appropriate? And why do you continuously try and make everything about you? If you feel  a post or thread is out of scope, report it and let NQ make the call.

 

It seems there is only one person in this thread who seems to have a problem with the content and who in the process consistently tries to make it about what he thinks..

 

Again, the thread is about a message about DU and how NQ makes mistakes and apparently the way we discuss these here on another developers Discord. IMO the comment made was rather presumptuous and seeing how the poster of that message even shows up here to clarify it, I can only assume some damage control needed to be done and this was possible not an entirely voluntary appearance. FB is a vastly more experienced studio than NQ with a proven trackrecord so there's very little to "promote" here for them as they are well aware we are well aware of their upcoming game.

 

Seems to me that makes this thread entirely in scope for this forum and NQ is the only one here who can decide otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Metric said:

- I'm pretty sure Epic would be open to some kind of deal..

 

Seeing how DU does not use UE and actually moved away from using UE early on, I very much doubt that. Epic has nothing to gain from a deal with NQ as the potential revenue is pretty much non existent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Which you implied. And I called out. 

I said that PPL were stepping very close to the line of "promoting" other games.

I explained where the line was and asked PPL to "keep that in mind" while posting. To not cross the line.

Examples:

 

"Starbase focusing in avatar PVP for release is a good decision that NQ should have made" -> not crossing the line.

"Starbase has avatar PVP, I'm going to quit DU and play it." -> crossing the line.

 

My tone was quite mild to OP and commenters, just soft warning.

 

When LauriFB join the conversation, with that "annoying lurkers" comment, I changed my tone. Not to the commenters but directly to LauriFB.

And you came to the rescue of LauriFB.

I explained why LauriFB's actions were not OK. And you attacked me again.

 

Now you dare to say "His actions here have nothing to do with this discussion" when you went to his rescue????
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

I wander the conditions Steam/Epic/else would ask.

 

Those platforms charge a % of the game price.

Say like 30% (steam did that for some games)

 

What would steam sell?

DU as a game?

DACs?

6 months subscription?

 

Is there any subscription MMO on steam? (really asking, don't know the answer)

 

If DU had an issue in being known, sure. Steam and others are great to get players to know new games.

But DU right now has an image problem.

How would a 20% steam good review rate help?

 

How would sharing the profit with steam help?

 

I really don't see store platforms as a solution for this.

 

 

Sure, why not.

I won't do all their homework.

 

For example: 70% of 100 new paying customers is more than 0

 

On Steam there is an subscription model available.

 

Image problem is something NQ needs to work out, but everything is better than running out of cash.

 

Sharing profit with steam, I refer to the 2e sentence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a pretty naive thing for another game dev to say.

 

It's easy to sit back and look at what someone else has done, and think you could do better.

 

Usually someone in the same industry would have enough perspective not to do it so casually.

 

Their game better be a shining beacon of perfection when it comes out, otherwise i'm going to be laughing at them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

"Starbase focusing in avatar PVP for release is a good decision that NQ should have made" -> not crossing the line.

"Starbase has avatar PVP, I'm going to quit DU and play it." -> crossing the line.

Both are fine.. you know.. free speech and opinion and all.. And both are related to and discussing DU so I see no issue here.

 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

My tone was quite mild to OP and commenters, just soft warning.

Which means exactly nothing as you are not in any position to hand out warnings of any sort here.

 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

When LauriFB join the conversation, with that "annoying lurkers" comment, I changed my tone. Not to the commenters but directly to LauriFB.

You do realize that the reference was to him and not you right? I mean You are not seriously trying to say that you think the comment was referencing you now are you?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

You do realize that the reference was to him and not you right? I mean You are not seriously trying to say that you think the comment was referencing you now are you?

 

I was about to write - By "annoying lurker" here he was self-reflecting and meant himself. 

 

And about Steam:

Steam can be a dangerous place because you reveal your player numbers. Don't give me confirmations when I can read them as facts. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Who said you were referenced here. Why do you always seem to think that anything posted after you post is referencing you? I am pretty sure the reference was not at all to you.

Please, PM me about who was the post referencing.

And do you think it was acceptable to register an account on the competition's forum and call anyone of the community "annoying lurkers" on the 1st post?

 

Sure this topic was about how DU community feels about NQs mistakes
But comparing the DU to another game, a special one protected by no public alpha/beta can be an unfair promotion of the other game.
Just gave you that warning. Not because I love warnings nor because I wanna make you all sad about the warning. But because promoting a game that will have its early access in less than a month can be very damaging for the continuation of subscriptions and DU.

 

Can I report this to NQ? Sure, moderation will be done next week, when the damage is done.

 

Do I have the right to warn you guys: Yes.

Do I have the right to react to LauriFB: Yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Please, PM me about who was the post referencing.

 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Exactly the same you have to give me this response.

 

Dude.. please.. stop.. you are really starting to push that foot down your trachea now.. You are way past your mouth..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

I was about to write - By "annoying lurker" here he was self-reflecting and meant himself. 

 

And about Steam:

Steam can be a dangerous place because you reveal your player numbers. Don't give me confirmations when I can read them as facts. :D

Concerning Steam, I don't say they must, but they should definitly consider their options.

NQ overlords will have all the relevant data to make a decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

promoting a game that will have its early access in less than a month can be very damaging for the continuation of subscriptions and DU.

 

I wasn't really following Star Citizen, but when they gave DU a shout out during the kickstarter, i got a bit more interested.  Not because it was a nice thing to do, but because it's kind of a flex too.  You have a to have some confidence in your game, to not be afraid to admit the existence of a competitor.

 

I don't think NQ should be afraid to admit that there are other games out there.  DU is better, if they can just figure out how to make it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

once again:
 

Concerning Steam, I don't say they must, but they should definitly consider their options.

NQ overlords will have all the relevant data to make a decision.

point is (my message was directed at NQ), I hope they consider ALL options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I don't think NQ should be afraid to admit that there are other games out there.  DU is better, if they can just figure out how to make it.

 

I very much doubt NQ cares much about threads like this, that devs of similar games lurk here should not be a surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

NQ is in no position to bring DU to steam, maybe once beta actually starts by the end of the year but currently, the game is such a mess they'd be killed by refunds and bad reviews.

100% agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...