Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

sHuRuLuNi

Look at this. Pay attention to the digging depth (altitude, top right corner): Dig a few meters from -770m, get booted back again to -770m, rinse and repeat ... going nowhere:

You know, I work in IT. I had a boss (thank God he is gone and I am the boss now) who was like this: We had thousands of high profile customers working with our applications and DBs. So there were 100s of thousands of transactions per hour. And as I, at that time being a CTO, suggested to him that we need more server capacity to cope with the increased transactions and clients, he was like "Oh, ok, how about this server here: This is great, it has 100GB of space and 100mbit of bandwidth - that is SOOO MUCH, and it only costs 20 euros per month".
You can imagine my utter disgust at this.
Anyway, this is how we struggled for years until I finally took over and we migrated the whole thing to a redundant high load server infrastructure.

What is happening with Dual Universe right now - especially these "pending operation, missing parameters" and the "rubberbanding"-type of booting you back things, thus not registering the transactions, looks exactly like what was happening with our company, i.e. definitely too little server capacity. It looks like the servers simply are not able to COPE with the high load of transactions and is once more, like with all the Blizzards and other game companies, a case of highly underestimating the players and the server needs.

A mantra I go by is this: If you have an application and you do your planning on how much server capacity you need, and you come up with a number X, then you should have 10 TIMES that of X. Because your plan will get shattered faster than you think, or as Mike Tyson so famously said:

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Umm no? unless they somehow for some reason changed the server in the couple of hours between the container patch and the current problems then decided "hay this clearly is not working and all of our already shaky customer base is even more pissed off....So lets ignore it and not change back!" servers are likely not the problem. All indicators point to a software glitch I.E they changed X and broke Y and Z. If it was a server error with this many angry people they would have gone to the server farm they use and upped their capacity as they did for the zenith event and shortly after launch. If your some big software guy you should understand that. Looking at your recent posts however i'm more inclined to believe your just throwing a hissy.

5 hours ago, Arctic_fox said:

Umm no? unless they somehow for some reason changed the server in the couple of hours between the container patch and the current problems then decided "hay this clearly is not working and all of our already shaky customer base is even more pissed off....So lets ignore it and not change back!" servers are likely not the problem. All indicators point to a software glitch I.E they changed X and broke Y and Z. If it was a server error with this many angry people they would have gone to the server farm they use and upped their capacity as they did for the zenith event and shortly after launch. If your some big software guy you should understand that. Looking at your recent posts however i'm more inclined to believe your just throwing a hissy.

Right.
The example above was only about the things happening in the last days, which could of course have been additionally increased due to errors in code, but the server problem is evident all the time, the "pending operation" thing is there the whole time, sometimes more sometimes less, just like the "lag", or the reduced FPS that was evident on the districts when many constructs around - which, again, points to a server problem - because if it was just bad coding, then the low FPS would always be there, and the pending or "missing parameters" message would always be there, and it would be consistent.

2 hours ago, Emptiness said:

Invalid parameter is a different error from pending operation. Next time, dig somewhere else, confirm the somewhere else got dug, then go back to digging straight down.

If only I could ...

After the server restart before I can now not mine AT ALL, and I can also not DIG AT ALL. Even if using the flatten tool - as you can see in the video, it is not working - the sphere stays red or expands a bit and stays red - it never expands enough to become yellow.

So, I am stuck underground.
Super.

EDIT: After restarting the game several times, it would seem it now works again.

My bet is that a large part is NQ deciding to provision fewer servers, to try and fit the smaller player base and better server side optimization.  NQ does not have a traditional “big iron”/"owned" /“long term lease” server model, instead they’re purely cloud based which means hourly “leasing”.

2 hours ago, HangerHangar said:

My bet is that a large part is NQ deciding to provision fewer servers, to try and fit the smaller player base and better server side optimization.  NQ does not have a traditional “big iron”/"owned" /“long term lease” server model, instead they’re purely cloud based which means hourly “leasing”.

Sure and at the scale they are leasing servers they have to 'right size' them rather than overprovisioning 10 fold as OP suggests because it would be a colossal waste of money.

The very purpose of going to the cloud is elasticity so you can scale up and down as needed.

Nevermind that there is zero indication that this is capacity related and not related to db blocking or some other issue that is not related to capacity at all.