Blurry graphics causes by forced settings. Is this a joke? (read why)

DrGonzoRoyale

Really trying to like the game but the graphics are really blurry.
It's not that the graphics are bad, the image is bad by poorly forced graphical options.
Anti Aliasing and Chromatic Abberation are making the game look really fuzzy and blurry. 
Maybe people used to the soft image by playing all games with full AA dont really mind it but for other this really looks bad and u disabled the option to turn it off. 

Now i was able to improve it a bit by changing settings in Nvidia 3D panel. I turned of AA on the GPU there and also increased sharpness and i know, its completely insane to being forced to do it like that but luckily it improves the image (a bit) and boosts FPS because everyone knows AA eats FPS and thats why in ALL beta games u can turn that off except in DU... 

But here it comes.. Your game freaking kicks me from the server for having AA turned off and sharpness increased in the Nvidia panel... WTH is that?

Seriously, this makes me mad. I will probably get flamed for being this direct but cmon, fix this.

NQ really loves all their gfx toys and overdoes all of them in order to "shows them off" it seems. EQU8 will undo any manual changes in config which was an option before these were introduced, the YEBIS settings options have been removed entirely.

So yeah, I leave all these overdone processing option off where possible and as far as I know many do so it's all a  waste of resources and money. Not that NQ cares but you are not wrong.

Oddly enough NQ invested in other 3rd party gfx engines to add stuff that is available in Unigine.. no idea why but feel like they just bought a "basic" license and went shopping for cheap alternatives for the rest ;)

That may also be a reason for some very weird gfx behavior like sun shafts through planets, sunlight underground etc..

6 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Oddly enough NQ invested in other 3rd party gfx engines to add stuff that is available in Unigine.. no idea why but feel like they just bought a "basic" license and went shopping for cheap alternatives for the rest ;)

That may also be a reason for some very weird gfx behavior like sun shafts through planets, sunlight underground etc..

Good lord....the more I hear about the tech the more amusing it is when people say "the game isn't optimized yet" as if it's just a few little things that need tweaking. I hope this isn't true but I believe you lol. 

For a game like this to even use Unigen is odd to me, never mind 3rd party assets. Every single dev that's ever plugged in a third party asset knows they aren't remotely AAA quality. More like a solid C or C- if you're lucky. 

Really don't understand where all the time has gone if they haven't even been writing their own shaders...is NQ a money laundering operation or something...?  

@Michael Using Unigen was likely the best choice for the game, because it's the only game engine that uses 64 bit precision for positions (and no, UE4 multiplayer origin rebasing is not a solution here).

The only other option would have been a custom game engine (takes a long time) or make an existing engine (e.g. UE4) work, which also is not simple.

But I'm also wandering why they need, or rather why they thought it would be neccessary during (open) alpha, to implement 3rd party visual plugins instead of using build in ones when you can't change any graphics settings without a full game restart (!!!)...

On 10/26/2020 at 3:20 AM, DrGonzoRoyale said:

Really trying to like the game but the graphics are really blurry.
It's not that the graphics are bad, the image is bad by poorly forced graphical options.
Anti Aliasing and Chromatic Abberation are making the game look really fuzzy and blurry. 
Maybe people used to the soft image by playing all games with full AA dont really mind it but for other this really looks bad and u disabled the option to turn it off. 

Now i was able to improve it a bit by changing settings in Nvidia 3D panel. I turned of AA on the GPU there and also increased sharpness and i know, its completely insane to being forced to do it like that but luckily it improves the image (a bit) and boosts FPS because everyone knows AA eats FPS and thats why in ALL beta games u can turn that off except in DU... 

But here it comes.. Your game freaking kicks me from the server for having AA turned off and sharpness increased in the Nvidia panel... WTH is that?

Seriously, this makes me mad. I will probably get flamed for being this direct but cmon, fix this.

had to add "dual.exe" in nvidia control panel to turn off AA.. surprising installer didn't add one or nvidia didn't have one by dafault.