Alpha 2

Ignatius

I got the bronze pledge and it includes access to alpha 2 which, it also (still) says, will be in the first half of 2019.

It's the start of June tomorrow.  Is Alpha 2 still planned to launch by the end of the month?

You know, I've been trying to get an answer about this too. It's a bit weird why no updates have come out regarding alpha 2 access. Advertising 1st half is a little bit misleading when it appears it will basically be the start of the 2nd half of the year.

18 hours ago, Brooksielad said:

You know, I've been trying to get an answer about this too. It's a bit weird why no updates have come out regarding alpha 2 access. Advertising 1st half is a little bit misleading when it appears it will basically be the start of the 2nd half of the year.

The second half of the year, at least on 'my' Calendar, doesn't begin until July 1....    patience.  NQ shall tell us when they are ready to tell us.  It has been my observation that they have been open and honest about everything they've done.  Frankly if it isn't ready, I would neither be shocked nor upset considering the HUGE amount of work that goes into making a game of any kind (and they were VERY ambitious with their scheduling) an extra bit of time to put a bit of polish on some of the things they want tested during the next Alpha phase would not be unexpected in my mind.  By 'my' Calendar they've got just under 26 days to tell us if Alpha 2 is going to start on schedule.  Hounding them isn't going to speed that up.  So... I counsel patience.  :)

Not to build up unnecessary hype, but the latest schedule for alpha testing only extends to the first test of this month. That's of course not to say that they could be so busy that they can't plan out the future tests, but you never know.

If there was ever a more anticipated time for Alpha 2 to start, it's this month. Of course like Lachenlaud said above, as optimistic as I am, I also wouldn't be surprised if a delay was made.

I don't want to hound anyone.   I just wondered, is all.  So you can keep you counsel to yourself.

Am looking forward to playing the game.

If they delay it, fair enough.  Just wanted to know what the situation was.

Well, it looks like the schedule has been updated and Alpha 1 will run through July 1st.  That is unfortunate considering I was hoping Alpha 2 would be released by the end of this month.  Hopefully it comes out shortly after Alpha 1 session ends on July 1st.

1 hour ago, IceNine said:

That would be great.  I plan on scheduling a few days off for when Alpha 2 launches... very excited to finally give this a try!  I am bringing 2-3 additional people from my discord server and we are all hyped!

Be very careful sometimes test get shutdown early and are shorter in time for the first test

I'm very well aware it is in the early Alpha stages so that is to be expected.  I can see this game being the game of the decade in the 2020's, much like Minecraft or Skyrim may have been for our current decade so I am in this for the long haul.

Alpha 2 will be my first playthrough on DU too. Do we need to do any action to have access or since eligible we will have the option to download etc when the Alpha 2 launch day comes?

On 6/22/2019 at 12:55 AM, lordmerc said:

Alpha 2 will be my first playthrough on DU too. Do we need to do any action to have access or since eligible we will have the option to download etc when the Alpha 2 launch day comes?

Maybe before then