Jump to content
Caldakar

Question on losing inventory upon death

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, unown006 said:

I really do not follow your conclusion as anyone with enough money could potentially do anything 

Unless this cashed up player has a corp behind them then they are nothing more than a very jucy target  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

Unless this cashed up player has a corp behind them then they are nothing more than a very jucy target  ;)

who needs a corp when you own your own personal solor systym with a private army armed with a 100+ fleet of war ships 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you have to think smart enough (true is smart than anyone else) to get enough money to maintain your army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As has been mentioned before, if each subscriber has 3 characters, then one could always stay in safety with most of the quanta you have (if that bit of storage is unlimited). If bulk items/resources cannot be 'magically' carried around in inventory (apart from some arbitrary amount presumably still higher that real human carrying capacities), then I guess those things will need other ways of finding safety even in safe areas, right up to the scale of massive warehouses within territory units.

How much should death be more than just an inconvenience...? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dualism said:

As has been mentioned before, if each subscriber has 3 characters, then one could always stay in safety with most of the quanta you have

The question is: can you transfer quanta over long distance, or do you need to physically give it from one char to another?

If the first is true (which is most likely), then lootable quanta brings NOTHING to enhance emergent gameplay. It just creates another tedious ritual of sending quanta whenever danger appears nearby, and even more tedious ritual of sending quanta back when you want to use it.

Not to mention wasting one of your characters (not a big deal - I plan to have one at Ark all the time anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you still get an envelope with your salary  in cash from your employer instead of having it electronically transferred to your bankaccount?

 

The idea that Quanta and/or DAC would need to be carried on your person is just silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

The question is: can you transfer quanta over long distance, or do you need to physically give it from one char to another?

If the first is true (which is most likely), then lootable quanta brings NOTHING to enhance emergent gameplay. It just creates another tedious ritual of sending quanta whenever danger appears nearby, and even more tedious ritual of sending quanta back when you want to use it.

Not to mention wasting one of your characters (not a big deal - I plan to have one at Ark all the time anyway).

yea it would add more of a chore

 

6 hours ago, blazemonger said:

You would have to find thousands of players to work for you..

true But it can be done

 

 

5 hours ago, ShioriStein said:

And you have to think smart enough (true is smart than anyone else) to get enough money to maintain your army.

also true but we assume you have infinte money in this scenario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

So you still get an envelope with your salary  in cash from your employer instead of having it electronically transferred to your bankaccount?

 

The idea that Quanta and/or DAC would need to be carried on your person is just silly.

why should your hard earned cash be carried on your person? answer to make the game more difficult

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, unown006 said:

why should your hard earned cash be carried on your person? answer to make the game more difficult

 

Lol what makes you think it's not difficult enough already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, unown006 said:

why should your hard earned cash be carried on your person? answer to make the game more difficult

 

The "harder" you make the game, the smaller you make the player base.

 

The smaller the player base, the less money NQ has to spend on improving and expanding the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NanoDot said:

The "harder" you make the game, the smaller you make the player base.

 

The smaller the player base, the less money NQ has to spend on improving and expanding the game.

I did not say I approved of losing cash on death

 

1 hour ago, Nanoman said:

Lol what makes you think it's not difficult enough already.

I didnt say it wasnt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, unown006 said:

who needs a corp when you own your own personal solor systym with a private army armed with a 100+ fleet of war ships 

you just said the same thing as me lol

 

you cant have a private army without it being in your corp/part of your organisation.

 

So my comment still stands ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...