What would happen

Briaireous

Greetings fellow forum dwellers, just to put a question out there since I'm completely new to the pay2play format of games. (Did try out Eve once, for 2 hours tho...  7 years ago) the only reason why I'm asking is because I couldn't find any other threads that asked or clarified this issue.

Question: what would happen to my account if, let's say for one or more months, I didn't pay for subscription and also didn't use the token for a months playtime. I know I wouldn't be able to play, but what would happen to my account. Would it be deleted? Or am I able to, after the period of time, pay for a subscription and start playing as if I never stopped. 

13 hours ago, Briaireous said:

Greetings fellow forum dwellers, just to put a question out there since I'm completely new to the pay2play format of games. (Did try out Eve once, for 2 hours tho...  7 years ago)

Bit of a sidetrack, but I would expect DU to have a fairly steep learning curve like EVE. If you only lasted for 2 hours in EVE you will probably find DU to be equally challenging. That said, today a new EVE player will be able to get into an exploration frigate as an alpha (f2p status) and make enough to pay for a month playtime within a day if he puts the effort in. That may not be so easy in DU, I have 50 DAC is my package so I can take my time and would expect the DACs will not be used during alpha, maybe during beta (with reset once game releases) ;)  

7 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Bit of a sidetrack, but I would expect DU to have a fairly steep learning curve like EVE. If you only lasted for 2 hours in EVE you will probably find DU to be equally challenging. That said, today a new EVE player will be able to get into an exploration frigate as an alpha (f2p status) and make enough to pay for a month playtime within a day if he puts the effort in. That may not be so easy in DU, I have 50 DAC is my package so I can take my time and would expect the DACs will not be used during alpha, maybe during beta (with reset once game releases) ;)  

I disagree if I may :). I admired complexity and deepness of EVE once I had a go myself. However when I spoke to many people that shared same conclusion with me. 

I was looking for greater immersion. Not point the location on the map and pretend you flying. Never see your own character. Immersion was what EVE was lacking from day one. DU will be different only because of voxels. Even if you do not dive deep into game play for some is enough to foul around the planet have fun building something. Eventually they may get interested into deeper parts of game play. They key is to keep this place fun for majority of us. Nobody want to become master of spreadsheet.

In fact if you provide some sort of API that you can send orders from 3rd party app, I'm sure people could build some tools and never see any in game visuals at all and it would be still possible to play EVE. It is not going to be a case in DU.

13 hours ago, blazemonger said:

To the contrary, it would be even easier to make money in DU. Unlike EVE, resources are not regenerating, so mining, let's say, iron, is worth it. Finding a rare mineral ore is even MORE worth it. And selling the location of the ore - like selling bookmarks in EVE - makes exploration something more legit, rather than "I r Astero pilot, I r pro mlg scanning WHs" :P 

All in all, the very nature of "non regenerating resources" makes paying for DACs easier. Why? Cause let's face it, like EVE, many people are too lazy to play the game;s market and they want money.

How will Lil' Timmy explode his 12th Stratios for the day if he doesn't have money while Lil Timmy doesn't want to mine? :P 

As for the steep learning curve, that's only because CCP is a terrible game dev. EVE is very simple when you are explaiend what each thing does. Problem is, CCP doesn't give a rat's rear for explaining things to the new players - take a look at the tutorial missions with Alphas, they teach you to web carriers... web... carriers...

So, all in all, the game can be complex without being "hurr durr, let's call it a sandbox experience and leave the turbonerds over at EVE University to pick up the slack! Come on my fellow CCP devs, let's go blow a joint roilled out 500 dollar bills!".

Ther's nothing actually challenging in EVE's combat system. It's only challenging for people who don't know math.