Chances for DX12 VR

devu

That's mainly a question to NQ. Since the engine choice (unigine) allowed to use both DX12 and VR technology what are the chances you going to support it? By the time game will be officially released it will be must-have feature it seems.

It was my understanding that DU was being developed with VR in mind. After all, Oculus Rift is mentioned in the very first devblog, although plans can change after that much time. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing VR support but I probably wouldn't use VR personally.

Although it was a long time ago, they did say a definite yes. From and old Q&A:

Are you going to support Oculus Rift?

Yes. That's one of the main reason why we decided to go for the "First Person" view. More generally, we are looking at all new technologies that can favor immersion. Exciting things are on the way with the recent increase of interest in virtual worlds.

https://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Getting_Started

well now I need to buy a sweet headset!

If DU is your primary motivating factor, I would hold off until they actually implement the feature, as there will probably be better hardware available at that point. Otherwise, there are some pretty compelling reasons to get a VR headset outside of just DU. 

There was a more recent response I saw on twitter or youtube comment that said it is not planned for release, but is a possibility for later.

OK that's about VR. I know engine supports it, it is just up to the NQ to put this on roadmap. I'm aware it may not be a priority yet.
What about DX12 support? As AMD users we'll benefit greatly with that and I'm considering new VEGA as my next gear myself.