How loseing items when you die works.

FD3242

Actually, according to the lore, someone who dies does lose everything.

This is a quote from the lore bible:  

"The amount of matter to switch increases the energy cost of the operation, so RN teleport only the minimal set of mass to get the desired effect, which is... your naked body."

Actually, according to the lore, someone who dies does lose everything.

This is a quote from the lore bible:  

"The amount of matter to switch increases the energy cost of the operation, so RN teleport only the minimal set of mass to get the desired effect, which is... your naked body."

Ok, But I remember somewhere it saying that you lose random items. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

to be honest I think you should loose everything in your inventory when you die

I like how people jumped on this guy's suggestion, but it turns out he was right on the money about it when BenFargo pointed out that it was in the lore that you lose everything when you die. 

I like how people jumped on this guy's suggestion, but it turns out he was right on the money about it when BenFargo pointed out that it was in the lore that you lose everything when you die.

Aha but the devblog on RN's says.

Another important aspect: when you benefit from a RN, you respawn but your inventory will be randomly losing most items,

I looked it up before posting in this thread.

Most items is not all items right?

Most items is not all items right?

Might be everything but your nanoformer and maybe your armour (depending on how light it is).

I would be fine with losing everything on death, because your avatar is not the thing that will carry around the most valuable stuff, that would be your construct. From a looter's perspective, you get the ship (or whats left of it) so you shouldn't care if the enemy lost his avatar's items or not, you have his ship.

Maybe later we could have some sort of pocket dimension bag (like a bag of holding) that could store some items that persist across bags, but only for your character (like an ender chest in minecraft). When you die, you would still need to get access to another bag, but the items there would still be 'yours'.

There is a small contradiction between the lore bible and the devblog.  The lore bible was written latter, so I suspect that is the current intention.

There was another entry in the devblog that said the following:

"Everything else in the universe will be left unchanged, where it is, including your partners, your inventory, your ship or whatever your were doing before you “quantum-died”: everything remains on-site, and you wake up naked in a RN."

Whether we lose everything, or almost everything, it seems this will be a game where people will need to take death seriously.

I'd be okay with losing everything on your person when you die, it makes sense.

I actually always thought that was the case :P

No skin off my nose if it isn't though.

I'd be okay with losing everything on your person when you die, it makes sense.

I actually always thought that was the case :P

No skin off my nose if it isn't though.

Yea I really don't care either.

There is a small contradiction between the lore bible and the devblog.  The lore bible was written latter, so I suspect that is the current intention.

There was another entry in the devblog that said the following:

"Everything else in the universe will be left unchanged, where it is, including your partners, your inventory, your ship or whatever your were doing before you “quantum-died”: everything remains on-site, and you wake up naked in a RN."

Whether we lose everything, or almost everything, it seems this will be a game where people will need to take death seriously.

Splendid news!

Depends how NQ implements ANY rare items. You can't have a [Legendary M16 Carbine of the Hillbilly +100] in a game like DU. It's not how the economic model works in-game. And losing "Rares" first, means NQ is punishing pirates. No pirates, no bad guys, no bad guys, no reason to build cities with tall walls and a close community.

See, what NQ can do (for avatars at least) is to have a "durability" loss on gear, depending on overloading / overclocking certain armor modules can do.

What that means? The more "damaged" an avatar's equipment is, the more chances of it being destroyed and dropped as salvage instead of actual equipment loot. So, if I was to overload my Shield Generator to stay in the fight logner but I end up dying, my Shield Generator that has 50% dmage done to it, out of overloading it, will have greater chances of shattering on avatar death than my "Targeting Computer" that I didn't overload for the fight.

As for ship loot, tough luck, if you die on board your ship, the other guys get a new ship. Same goes for Loot on containers.