Mining Question and feedback

Namcigam

I'm trying to be open minded about this but it's hard for me. There is not enough Natron to justify using 2 MU's. That can't be as intended can it? because it feels crazy to me and wrong.  The pyrite is even more crazy and wrong. The amount of ore and the types of ore per tile is all jacked up in my opinion in a very profound way. There's a chance I'm missing something but I doubt it. also this tile only has one t1 ore on it Iron. None of this makes sense to me and I hope they figure something out because these to pictures were taken out side of the safe zone which means that the tiles outside of the safe zone are just as depressing as the ones in the safe zone. I know you said your going to study the data and makes adjustments but I think it's important for me to bring stuff like this to your attention because I get the impression NQ thinks this is a little wrong when it's really very wrong in my opinion. 

Natron.png

Pyrite.png

It helps to build an S or M core vessel that can carry 200+ tons. Then get 3 territory scanners; park it on the intersection of 3 territories, can use the maneuver tool to put the ship in a way that you have 1 scanner in each territory. 

Then start scanning ... a while.

Ores distribution is interresting, but when you have several scans of an area, you can use the map (bottom right you switch to "scans in inventory") to watch how the quantities for each ore spreads across the area; continue scanning into the direction where the ore you want increases in quantity.

If you can get a 3-tile triangle or a 7-tile circle with 120+ T2+ and 450+ T1 in each tile that can be financially viable. 

Put down 1 T2 miner and 4 T1 miner in each territory, get the adjacent bonus, sell T1 locally to bot market; keep T2 for own use.

Strip mine that planet for a few tax circles, meanwhile keep scanning for an area with an abundance of T3.

On one planet I was able to get 100+ T2 and 100+ T3 in a 7-tile circle; so that might be possible for your planet too. Have to be lucky with scans or dilligent, or both. ;)

Ores are distributed in areas with more and areas with less. You need to find the hot spot(s) of the planet's heat map. This is obviously not from the game, but if you've not seen a heat map before, think of the colors as representing different amounts of ore. So, find the red spot for the most ore. And, as has been said - use three or more Territory scanners to scan the tile before claiming it.

hotjar-2.png

Yeah, I'm aware of all of that but that's not the point. Before these changes that tile was fine and now it's not at all fine. All of the tiles I invested in are drastically less than they were and it's definitely a problem. The amount of natron I get per hour using the MU is the equivalent of half of mouse click with mining skills I don't think people realize this.  

14 hours ago, Namcigam said:

Yeah, I'm aware of all of that but that's not the point. Before these changes that tile was fine and now it's not at all fine. All of the tiles I invested in are drastically less than they were and it's definitely a problem. The amount of natron I get per hour using the MU is the equivalent of half of mouse click with mining skills I don't think people realize this.  

What changes?  other than the Sanctuary moon increase, the output of tiles hasn't changed since Demeter was released.

I was referring to Demeter. Back when we were able to mine under ground with mining skills I averaged 200-325L of ore per full mouse click. That used to take 5- 20 seconds roughly, now it takes an hour to get less than that. The ore supply has been crippled due to the recent changes. In this game Ore is everything because that's the only resource for everything. A trickle of ore causes the game to become a trickle. Of course if you was one of the fortunate players that sat on loads and loads of ore then this probably doesn't affect you YET but sooner or later it will. Those of us that didn't have large stashes or ore are instantly feeling the effects myself included. I've been trying to figure out the benefits of crippling the ore supply and I have yet find a solid reason for doing this. It slows the productivity down to a crawl. Hauling missions offset this a lil bit but I don't think its enough. Discovering ships in space might be a nice silver lining but I doubt it will be plentiful enough to become a full time scrapper and just do that within the game. I think that's going to be a semi rare perk that will probably not be a significant resource to depend on. The only dependable resource at the moment is hauling missions but they take a very long time to complete so many people spend %90 of their time doing hauling missions instead of building ships or static structures etc. Acquiring resources is supposed to a means to an end, a necessary evil in order to do what you want to do in the game whatever that may be. Acquiring resources should have never been the main feature. This affects pvp as well. the rarer the resources the more priceless the constructs become. You turn our ships into priceless vessels and then you wonder why people don't want to risk loosing them. I cant speak for everyone but I would be devastated if I lost my ship full of cargo. There is nothing in the game worth justifying loosing all that. 

That’s weird, though. Our orgs containers are stuffed with unsold ore and pure. We have more than we can use or need to sell. 

but the reason the game will trickle now is the core limits. It’s going to be a while before orgs even know how many cores they have and how many they have to ditch or reassign. 

in the meantime the market for ore is dead. I know because we have several million liters of fire sale prices stuff that nobody wants to buy 

Ore prices are low because no one is building anything, so no demand. No one is building anything because nothing is getting destroyed in battle. There are no battles because there is nothing worth fighting for. 

Something worth fighting for is access to more game content. Like a stargate to another system perhaps?

Other potential ideas:
- Power to give other players a reduction in a hindrance (aka calibration reset time, other limits)

- Free rare schematics

- Decorative clothing or special ship color/decorative effects

- Free warp cores, fuel, etc.

- Access to a lost planet that no one else can go to

- Access to isolated PvE content

- A castle on a hill with goats

Edited by Carnegie