NPC enemies

Hotspot

Idea to add npc enemies, they can be static (abadoned base) or move on routes between planets. Visually it can be abadoned stations, or "AI" controlled enemies.
Actually they don't need to be actually maneuring during fight, just start to attack player on some range + extra range if player trying to escape,. Also damage model can be simplified for perfomance requirements (no need to force server actually calculate damage to modules) just calculate damage to CCS, and destroy modules(random ones, optionally) after npc beign killed.

+ you can place loot in containers, recipes and so on (it's fun to open it)
+ additional chances to lost ship and add option for other player to scavenge it. Also damage to modules will require to produce new one (forces economic)
+ you need to spend ammo more often (boost economics)
+ additional way to earn money
+ people can easy learn how to fight (basic idea), and find a fight
+ additional place for people to conflict and fight not only with npc but also between players. Also you can vary areas with different enemies and profit size you can create area for solo players and solo fights. Right now big asteroids forces only big fights.

I like that idea.

But to prevent the Unsafe Zone to become even deadlier, I would say, with the inroduction of NPC PVP factions, the real-player PVP needs o be limited to armed ships only.

I love the idea of NPC PVP as a balance factor to real-player PVP.  And also want to see many more challenges inside the Unsafe Zone.

6 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Unfortunately I am not sure that NQ will ever have the technical and financial capacity to run NPCs on the game ...

Maybe he'll surprise us with that one day. But it certainly remains a utopia.

With some of the scripts we are seeing in PVP right now. there are practically already NPC's ingame. 

However at the start I dont think you need more then a platform with guns that shoot anything that comes near.  

So to me it should only take NQ hours to create a script that targets players, and creates a priority list on which player to shoot first. The script then tells guns to target that player and shoot,  everything else is already ingame as far as shooting goes. 

And to me a script like that should take hours, not days, not weeks not months.  I mean maybe a couple days for testing. but the initial creating should be quick and easy. 

They already have the script for spawning asteroids at random. So use that to spawn these events. Even use the Dsat to scan them down. 

They also have the core combat system ingame.  This means they can put admin modules on these games. IE weapons that dont need ammo/ have better tracking or better bla bla bla.  However when the core combat system  hits 100%.  all these admin modules are destroyed and not repairable. 

To me this is like low hanging fruit. Not only would it be easy to implement, but it would also add so much to the game. 

3 hours ago, RugesV said:

With some of the scripts we are seeing in PVP right now. there are practically already NPC's ingame. 

However at the start I dont think you need more then a platform with guns that shoot anything that comes near.  

So to me it should only take NQ hours to create a script that targets players, and creates a priority list on which player to shoot first. The script then tells guns to target that player and shoot,  everything else is already ingame as far as shooting goes. 

And to me a script like that should take hours, not days, not weeks not months.  I mean maybe a couple days for testing. but the initial creating should be quick and easy. 

They already have the script for spawning asteroids at random. So use that to spawn these events. Even use the Dsat to scan them down. 

They also have the core combat system ingame.  This means they can put admin modules on these games. IE weapons that dont need ammo/ have better tracking or better bla bla bla.  However when the core combat system  hits 100%.  all these admin modules are destroyed and not repairable. 

To me this is like low hanging fruit. Not only would it be easy to implement, but it would also add so much to the game. 

If I will be NQ-team I will be really upset to have so little consideration from a player like you.

It really is a great disrespect for their work.

You are like going to a car manufacturer and telling them that making a vehicle is only 4 wheels and a handlebars ...

Yes, If the car manufacturer was selling me a car that had no wheels and no steering wheel. But it had rims and a steering column. I would be like. Hey car looks great. But you know if you mounted some tires to those rims. And a steering wheel (or maybe handlebars) to that steering column, it would make that car more enjoyable.  

And if they came back and said, we should have an update for you next year. I would be like, uhh this should only take a couple hours.