What's the deal with Asteroids NQ?

SpiceRub

I really hate Your idea of clues and then you announcing where the asteroids will be, no offence but were yall smoking grass when you (NQ) came up with that idea? Asteroids fields should have Tier 1 resources in safezone, others in pew pew area's, they should be constant but can be mined out and respawned at a set time everyday, just like eveonline. Someone (noobs) have to practice, before they venture off into pvp areas, or its just a dead duck shoot. I want the pvp but i dont want to drive away all the new players and those that are to join D.U. in future. if everywhere is pvp then youll just have long time players in space and new guys planet bound. As for the sentiment "get out of here if you dont join an organisation" Jesus. Ok here,i used to be in a very sucessfull large null sec alliance in eveonline, we were running fleets all day everyday, always someone capable to lead a fleet on. I loved it, now i could not be in an alliance like that, i dont have the time, i have to work and i have a family (wife and kids) so if the game goes the way of F.O. your not in alliance then im out of game, and youll drive a lot of other players away, why cant you be inclusive FFS ? Drive people out and then you leave in future, POS who only cares about themselves having fun.

Fortunatly my experience is the vast VAST majority of people here are decent HUMAN BEINGS.

Rant over, oh shit ive not been here 2 months, im not supposed to speak....

Just to add, pvp under Newtonian physics that this uses, is boring as hell, unless everyone involved is slowboating, and the only way they could implement this is keep speeds below 2500kph and no flying to planets only warp. If someone else can think of a way, id be very glad to hear it. Sure you could just sit there waiting for a ship to come by at a field and shoot it, but if ship is going fast, forget about it, you would never even catch up to it, omg theres just too many reasons why pvp under newtonian physics would not work or be FUN.

Did anyone actually land on an asteroid? Because I did (moon 737 and building a base there) and its a very very strange experience.

Thades has asteroids (they are called 'moons'), and while the screen says that there is almost 0.1gravity, my ship isnt falling down towards anything. it just stays there like there is 0 gravity. (Ok have tested it many times, but today after I post this, and added downward thrusters, it starts falling very slowly)

With this being the case, landing is pretty hard, as you need downward thrusters to actually land on an asteroid. Pressing C doesnt do a thing if you dont have downward thrusters!!

Also, it seems that there is no center/bottom on the asteroids, because the flattening tool doesnt know what to do, it just makes sound. Try walking on an asteroid and you will frustrate your ass off.

So I think the asteroid mining idea has some work to be done with the asteroids themselves before implementing them in the game.

Try thing first.

I kind of expect NQ to implement Asteroid mining more as  technical idea than a gameplay one, pretty much like the territory scanner works. Meaning there is no actual interaction, you drop a core to create a base with a mining unit et voila, you just wait for the "ore" to be "mined". Asteroid mining done, tick the box, moving on. No actual digging, no actual visual ore in te ground, just numbers on the backend.

We'll see ..

Here is my idea how it can be done realisticly with game mechanics sense:

mega-asteroid-ideas.png

Obviously closer part of belt to established SZ base will be most contested/dangerous, but more patient miners can approch from much less popular angles. So it will be balanced in that sense.

Weak part is time/maintenance dependant respawn, but if NQ able to do it wth more finesse automaticly (like respawn regions where not players present on live server) -- even better.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:00 AM, Physics said:

What I would like to see is an asteroid zone/zones. Maybe if they wanted to get creative they could put a half exploded planet in the middle of the zone. (Not showing on map until discovered). Make the zone bubble about 50 SU+. Warp is disabled while in the zone because of the asteroids messing with navigation.

so... basically Thades in PvP space?