NQ - please fix the blueprint issue

blazemonger

NQ-Please ...

It would be nice to know when NQ will fix the bug with the blueprints breaking the controller (seat/cockpit/ECU). This bug is really an annoyance as it requires you to either craft/buy a new controller each time you pack up and spawn a ship or blueprint it without the controller and place it afterwards.

According to what we were able to figure out(may not be 100% true) :

The problem happens when a custom lua is added to the control unit.

Apparently NQ decided to save the lua with the control unit even when its put back on inv. I noticed this when I saw some debug messages I had created appear on a newly spawned seat.

So to save the custom lua, NQ is creating a different internal ID for each modified control unit.

Blueprints use the not modified hover seat. But once put in place it becomes something else and cannot be used in a BP.

I guess this is an iteration to be able to protect lua IP in the future.

But in the meanwhile its breaking the game for the most sensitive ppl, the new player.

As a quick workaround, i suggest NQ places bot sell orders for hover seat and ECU (and possible info button) for 1 quanta each.

Seeing new players finding that their only solution is to buy a ECU priced at 200k (by some unscrupulous player) is quite sad.

I currently have this problem with the difference that I made the BP of one of my ships that I could not fly because since last night it keeps giving me the error "this elements is already in use".
So I took it apart, bought a new seat (because I couldn't take it apart) and after abandoning the old core I tried to place the ship from the new BP and ... ECU error.
But I don't have any custom scripts on the old seat.

I will try with a BP from an older version.

Could it be that the error that led me to this also affected the BP?

I am also having issues with blueprints.  I tried to do a test last night on a large static blueprint.  I made a blueprint and then tried to place it.  It placed, but then disappeared and I did not get my mats back.  I did get the core back. I dont care about the mats, it was a test BP, but I have SO many bps that I spent over a year building and I cannot place any of them now.  And even when I did try, there are no placement tools whatsoever!  I have to drop it and hope it lands in the right spot. 

Its been weeks and this is still happening ?  This has shut down my game play atm and I dont' even want to login anymore. 

52 minutes ago, Tengri Lethos said:

I also cant' redeploy my ships ( bought or selfmade) from BP. Please fix this bug.Playing DU since 2016 i cant' believe that You are not able to fix this  bug, or am i wrong?

Work around: You just need to buy the part that it is complaining about. 

New parts from the markets dont have issues. 

PS i wander what importance does it have the year you started to play DU. 

Another workaround is to remove the seat/cockpit/ECO (any item able to control the construct) and blueprint the construct without them, hen put then back.. You can now manually put them on when you spawn the blueprint.

But this needs to be fixed sooner rather than later. I would not consider this a minor issue as it affects new players quite seriously and causes confusion as well as unneeded pressure on the support team.

13 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

But this needs to be fixed sooner rather than later. I would not consider this a minor issue as it affect new players quite seriously and causes confusion and unneeded pressure on the support team.

100% agree. The every

player is faced with this bug within 30m of gameplay. 

Its like a tutorial of "learn how Du can be buggy". 

The problem is I believe currently understood to be that when you pick up a control Element, the LUA it contains is saved with it, which makes it a "unique" item, and therefore no longer eligible to be used in a blueprint, or be stacked with other, ostensibly identical Elements. Renamed elements behave similarly.

You can see why this might be the case, but it is, indeed, vexing, and needs sorting ASAP. Finding a method that won't annoy just as many other peopole might be a challenge though. A "pick up your entire construct" button with warnings that "custom LUA and other changes to Element properties will be wiped" or a way to manually wipe such things from an Element (plus the signposts that you have to do that, in the error messages) might work, or an option to sanitise at deploy-time if the only available Elements are customised in this way.