Congrats NQ

Anopheles

The whole thing seems to be intentional. Yesterday I was enyoing a nice login queue ( like 650 ppl in front). Trying to use my time sensefully, I was playing around with video settings. I was at queue position 300 when I decided, that playing in windowed mode might be the better choice, because I have a multi monitor setup. Well, the system responded with "you have to restart the game". Funny.

Reaching queue position 105, I found my self suddenly troubled with an "connection error". Patiently was I waiting for the promised "reconnect attempt", but of course that never happened. 

I gave up and restarted the game client. Half a bottle of wine later, I really made it into the game. Cooooool. Beeing an ex eve player, I immediately started talent training ( who wants to waste those points ? ). Man how I regret that some minutes later, because the intro tutorial got stuck, because the training queue was already full ..... Another client restart fixed that, and then the day was over. So exiting.

8 minutes ago, Anopheles said:

Just blowing off steam in a light hearted way.   I'm sure NQ love you defending their honour.

Im not gonna comment if you are right or wrong in your critic. 

But there is life outside DU. 

It should not be normal to see no alternative but to endure the current pain of playing DU. 

You should be able to change for another game or go outside meet and meet real humans while they fix this. 

Is it that important to be here every day experiencing bugs? 

Is it worth your pain? 

Just now, Anopheles said:

Thank you for your concern, but my day is my own to waste.

Then accept the consequences of that waste and deal with your anger..
I'm not telling you to like it. I don't like it my self.
But what is the gain on doing this topic?
Will current NQ programmers work better or faster or more motivated when they see this?
Will new players rush and join beta, giving NQ more resources to fix the game?
Do you think they don't know?

If you can't control your self any more it's time to stop for a while and think about your priorities.

23 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Then accept the consequences of that waste and deal with your anger..
I'm not telling you to like it. I don't like it my self.
But what is the gain on doing this topic?
Will current NQ programmers work better or faster or more motivated when they see this?
Will new players rush and join beta, giving NQ more resources to fix the game?
Do you think they don't know?

If you can't control your self any more it's time to stop for a while and think about your priorities.

This is a really weird take to me...

Y'all know they are asking for money, right? They're asking us to pay for a product with the promise that it will be at least somewhat playable, if a bit rough and buggy.

That's a fair expectation for a public beta launch.

The OP hasn't been able to play because of unusually bad mistakes with a lack of infrastructure available at launch (20+ million dollars raised didn't seem to go to auto-scaling servers!) and an inability to securely handle passwords, which is extremely basic. 

I want DU to be a great game, but it is 100% acceptable to whine when the game you purchased doesn't really work. This was not a "smooth" beta by any stretch.

If it was free I'd think differently, but people are paying for a time-limited subscription to a product they can't yet enjoy. Each day they can't login is money wasted. 

The "gain" on doing this topic is holding the company accountable for their shoddy launch -- because we all want this to be a great game and it will absolutely be ruined if they can't get on track quickly. How many failed logins do you think people will do before giving up and writing the money off as a loss? If this initial group of new players goes away, it might be years before they can earn them back with fixes and improvements...

Great that you're loyal to some game company, but that's even less helpful than people "whining" that the game they paid for doesn't work. 

16 minutes ago, michaelk said:

Great that you're loyal to some game company, but that's even less helpful than people "whining" that the game they paid for doesn't work. 

What is the gain of publicity make NQ accountable for their mistake at this precise momment? (a momment when devs are programing without sleeping properly, when private investors are asking for heads, when helpers are rushing to answer 100 questions at each time) 

How will that get us closer to our common wish to make DU a great game? 

Accountability does not happen in the middle of stressful situations. 

When it does, its called panic. 

Also the Op is a Alpha backer with knowledge of how good this game can be. There is no excuse for this. 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

What is the gain of publicity make NQ accountable for their mistake at this precise momment? (a momment when devs are programing without sleeping properly, when private investors are asking for heads, when helpers are rushing to answer 100 questions at each time) 

How will that get us closer to our common wish to make DU a great game? 

Accountability does not happen in the middle of stressful situations. 

When it does, its called panic. 

Also the Op is a Alpha backer with knowledge of how good this game can be. There is no excuse for this. 

Which is the fault of NQ execs, not their gamers and customers...

The rushed a release when every dev working on this project likely knew it wasn't ready. Their password system doesn't even work, and that's extremely basic and critical! 

That will always be a recipe for disaster and stress -- it isn't "whiners" that makes life stressful for customer service and dev, it's leadership. 

The leadership decided to push a game that wasn't ready so they could get more funding rolling in on a monthly basis, and it backfired. Else their leadership was naive enough to believe their product was ready.

Holding leadership accountable does have a point, because all those people working sleeplessly are doing so not because "gamers are whining" but because they decided to launch a product and ask for money before it was ready. 

I get that people are loyal because they've seen how great the game can be...but sycophants can ruin a game as quickly as "whiners" if they attack anyone with completely valid criticism. 

10 minutes ago, michaelk said:

Which is the fault of NQ execs, not their gamers and customers...

The rushed a release when every dev working on this project likely knew it wasn't ready. Their password system doesn't even work, and that's extremely basic and critical! 

That will always be a recipe for disaster and stress -- it isn't "whiners" that makes life stressful for customer service and dev, it's leadership. 

The leadership decided to push a game that wasn't ready so they could get more funding rolling in on a monthly basis, and it backfired. Else their leadership was naive enough to believe their product was ready.

Holding leadership accountable does have a point, because all those people working sleeplessly are doing so not because "gamers are whining" but because they decided to launch a product and ask for money before it was ready. 

I get that people are loyal because they've seen how great the game can be...but sycophants can ruin a game as quickly as "whiners" if they attack anyone with completely valid criticism. 

I will ask you again: what chain of events can result from this post (and accountability at this moment) that will improve the success of the game?

PS: I'm not loyal, I'm pragmatic.. My only objective is to play a good game.

How about some acknowledgement from NQ? All I see from their Twitter are screenshots of "how great the game is and how much fun people are having". 

They bungled the release and are just doubling down on the marketing efforts to attract more people instead of being honest, taking a step back, and fixing the problems. 

That will only make this issue much worse. Every new player they attract that has these issues will feel betrayed and angry. First impressions matter, and NQ hasn't even made an effort to be honest about them...

Looking at their social media it's like the release had no problems at all!

If I were an investor, I'd be panicking right now, too...because they bungled the release and seem to have zero self-awareness of that fact...and seem to want to hide that from new players which will only make more new players angry and not come back. 

NQ should acknowledge the rough launch to deter new players from jumping in until they've fixed extremely basic problems.

Otherwise they are just digging a deeper hole. 

3 minutes ago, michaelk said:

How about some acknowledgement from NQ? All I see from their Twitter are screenshots of "how great the game is and how much fun people are having". 

They bungled the release and are just doubling down on the marketing efforts to attract more people instead of being honest, taking a step back, and fixing the problems. 

That will only make this issue much worse. Every new player they attract that has these issues will feel betrayed and angry. First impressions matter, and NQ hasn't even made an effort to be honest about them...

Looking at their social media it's like the release had no problems at all!

If I were an investor, I'd be panicking right now, too...because they bungled the release and seem to have zero self-awareness of that fact...and seem to want to hide that from new players which will only make more new players angry and not come back. 

NQ should acknowledge the rough launch to deter new players from jumping in until they've fixed extremely basic problems.

Otherwise they are just digging a deeper hole. 

So, you believe that this past 5 days is proof that NQ is not being honest?
Just 5 Days?
And they should take a step back ( I'm assuming closing beta? ) just because they faced a bug?

Can you tell me an example where a software company gave up after just 5 days?
Also can you tell me when did that decision lead to product success in the long run?