False Water

Tango_Lima

Hi,

There is something i would like to see in DUAL: it's water...  Ok  i know that JC said it is very complex to simulate water because many physics behaviors will ruin the server.

So...

In that case, and because i want a swimming pool in my villa and an aquarium too...Will it be possible to create cube with a "water-look-like", only a visual effect but not the physical behaviors inside, just to decorate> it will look like a cube like other cube in alu, brass, carbon fiber etc..but in false water , just to fill my aquarium and my swimming pool... We can imagine too a fountain,  just with a animation.

In the same way, i need torch, and fire to spend my long winter evenings close to my chimney...

FIRE AND WATER !!

I think just making all water a translucent, penetrable, voxel like you suggested would be best. (That includes oceans and lakes and so on.)

We really don't need fancy water physics.

2 hours ago, 0something0 said:

How about a "tank"? You make a tank block, fill it with whatever fluid you want and swim around in it or whatever ot use that to store the fluids.

How would it know how many tank blocks there are? This is the same problem with having a dynamic oxygen system just reversed.

While technically Possible, it's not really worth the performance loss?

On 30/11/2017 at 8:28 AM, mefsh said:

I think just making all water a translucent, penetrable, voxel like you suggested would be best. (That includes oceans and lakes and so on.)

We really don't need fancy water physics.

How would it know how many tank blocks there are? This is the same problem with having a dynamic oxygen system just reversed.

While technically Possible, it's not really worth the performance loss?

The issue is not difficulty, it's logical steps to it.

This is like saying "How can they add  my pilot's model on a cockpit? That's impossible to do".

It's not, it's called clever design, the cockpit got a default skeleton on it that inherits your model's skin ad your POV is translated to the skelton's fixture of a head That's how any game does this (more or less).

Same way you can make liquid be an animation and the "liquid type" be a color palette. Hey, even more spiffy, make the animation play in certai nspeed/intervals given the liquids density, so tar-like liquids have slow aniamtions and a black texture, while thingsl ike acids got a "jitttery" animation, due to their high energy state and even better. 

The real issue is "why have a 'tank element' " , since you can just make certain liquid voxels only be possible to place over certain "solid" voxels.

i.e. you can't put vinegar liquid voxels (just go along with the example) over marble cause vinegar erodes marble

, so the game is like "nuh-uh-uh, you can't place that liquid on that surface".}

And on top of all this, we can have "acid mechanics" for breaking down secured doors, or weakening walls for a Spec Ops team to bash it down, like Rainbow Six Siege, only in space and not owned by the Devil.

Cheers.

5 hours ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

And on top of all this, we can have "acid mechanics" for breaking down secured doors, or weakening walls for a Spec Ops team to bash it down, like Rainbow Six Siege, only in space and not owned by the Devil.

Cheers.

This would be fucking great 

@CaptainTwerkmotor Not really sure what the first part was about, or how it relates to what I was saying, but the last sentence is a great idea.

I would definitely want something like that in the game.

This also gives me a idea.

They could make it so some types of materials are made by soaking a base material in a liquid type.

• 4 months later...

I definitely want the ability to place water in any way into my structures. Often i like to have various ponds and such scattered throughout my buildings.