Space monoliths

Ninjatoast

One way they might introduce something like this is if they have an Arkship floating in space which has failed to reach it's destination.

The Arkship would be lifeless, and maybe with very limited power to investigate what happened with the failed ship

People say a lot of things that can change and were still in pre-alpha. Also the Ark ship is something that it not player built but still in the game...what's to say other ones (which were in the lore) aren't in the game? :)

We dont even know if this system is or ever was inhabited (seing as when we land theres a perfect world without things like pollution) i would guess beings never landed there :)

Interesting concept that I imagine they may consider later in the game development to add additional game content. I believe at least initially the idea is to focus on the game mechanics, physics, systems that will allow the player base to build player content into the game. I agree that after the game is released adding some additional story line game content into the game sounds reasonable and fun.