Official DU teamspeak server.

SzaryWilk

I think official DU teamspeak server should arise. Not now but meybe during beta testing or release of the game.

This is an interesting element of building community in game.

I saw it in WarThunder and Elite Dangerous. I was with these games from the beginning.

These servers are the first place where new players appears. They looking for help from experienced players. They are looking for other players to play together, they don`t always want to be in the clan. This is the first place for a new clans which do not yet have their own TS server.

I think official DU teamspeak server should arise. Not now but meybe during beta testing or release of the game.

This is an interesting element of building community in game.

I saw it in WarThunder and Elite Dangerous. I was with these games from the beginning.

These servers are the first place where new players appears. They looking for help from experienced players. They are looking for other players to play together, they don`t always want to be in the clan. This is the first place for a new clans which do not yet have their own TS server.

I like this idea, but i fear for how long it would last and how it would be policed given that the game could have thousands of people... if even a fraction of them join the same TS it could be very hard to prevent and wrong doing... and you'd always need a active mod/admin to keep the peace.

Nice idea, but I'd prefer more resources being put into Voip before an DU TS... 

Roll Discord.  That way peeps won't have to dick around with downloading and setting up clients if they don't want to.  Plus it's, like, free so there's that.

I thought about a Discord server for Alpha / Beta testers some times ago.

If it supports the load, it will be nice. Else, well... I have static IP, DNS and a spare computer for Mumble / Teamspeak :).

Regards,

Shadow

I like this idea, but i fear for how long it would last and how it would be policed given that the game could have thousands of people... if even a fraction of them join the same TS it could be very hard to prevent and wrong doing... and you'd always need a active mod/admin to keep the peace.

Nice idea, but I'd prefer more resources being put into Voip before an DU TS... 

I agree with you, the game will be to large for this. But it could be useful for the Alpha since there will be far less players. It would give everyone a way to communicate with each other for problems and help during the early stages. 

I agree with you, the game will be to large for this. But it could be useful for the Alpha since there will be far less players. It would give everyone a way to communicate with each other for problems and help during the early stages. 

Early stages only i'm totaly for it.. Maybe create a teamspeak server for the alpha team members to talk through the game when they test it and have a NQ-Admin there listening and jotting down concerns and idea they have during.

I was involved in the 'very-closed' alpha for 'For Honor' a little while ago and they did something like that... I think, can't remember now though.

Good way to get instant feedback from the alpha-testers is to ask them questions while they are actually playing the game.. because i don't care how good your memory is, being asked about something your are currently doing is much better than having to remember it an hour down the line..

Don`t be afraid ;)  .

In WarThunder play often more than 50,000 players.......do you think that they're all sitting on official WT TS server ? ......no :)  .

Why they do not sit there all ?? .......there is no such requirement. Official TS server as I wrote above, it is the first place where people form game meet. They know people, organize clans, looking for help. For the newly created clans a great place to start. I have seen many such clans. But after two or three months, they set up their own TS servers and they go on their servers. Official server meets the more the role of building game community.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm pretty late to the party here... but I have a fairly large player group and we have been utilizing Discord for several months and I have to say it has become the heart and soul of our communication . We usually have several hundred folks on there at any given time for both voice and chat (broken down into several sub-channels of course) and it works great.

I believe the only way around a total VoIP integration for a game of this size is either groups using their own Teamspeak servers, or a local/organization/fleet VoIP system. While the company run teamspeak server would be nice to just go on and chat about the game, I believe that it's just simpler if things are left to the accord of the groups running things. 

Whether it be Discord, Vent, Mumble or Teamspeak, that is up to the groups. Or, I guess they can just run the in-game VoIP that has been mentioned.