Cash injection for NQ?

EternalPain

Hello Everybody,

I don't know if this type of suggestion was posted somewhere already, but, as a big fan of DU I'd hate to see the game go into hibernation.

Would it be crazy to suggest that NQ did a special Subscription offer during say, 30 days of June for 6 and 12 months only, 6 month sub including 500K SP every month for 6 months and 1 year sub including 1 million SP every month for 12 months.

I definitely would sub my 4 toons for a year if it includes SP and id be able to get an additional 12 million SP during the sub.  

Also knowing that PVE will be introduced soon and its going to take time to develop, the extra SP will come in handy. Maybe the intro of PVE will be a good time to introduce the special SUB option.

I'd love to hear from NQ if this is something they'd consider.

Eternal Pain.

By SP you mean skill points?

Actually; I also have been thinking, that it might be mutually beneficial for NQ and new players if they could pay a little more to somehow catch up a little bit with the veterans.

On 4/15/2023 at 4:32 PM, EternalPain said:

as a big fan of DU I'd hate to see the game go into hibernation.

That ship has already sailed, though....NQ hasn't hid the fact that their focus is on another (FTP) game project.

That means they've effectively set DU aside to focus on something else. 

It's next to impossible for DU to work as a sub no matter how they incentivize it. There's just no coming back from a release that couldn't even exceed 2,000 DAUs. For an MMO at release, even 20,000 DAUs isn't good

The math simply doesn't work. Even if they double their subs, it doesn't work. 

Also....getting new players requires a lot more than running a promotion. People need to know about the promotion and be sold on the game enough to sign up. That requires marketing, which must have positive ROI to make sense. 

For new players, why would they care about SP? They don't know what this incentive would really mean.

A real incentive would be having a method for them to try the game without an up-front CC / subscription -- that might actually lead to people trying it, but even that is not likely to make much difference because too many people churn after month 0...which emphasizes how impossible it is to create a positive-ROI marketing campaign when the purchase price is small and churn rates are very high. 

For lapsed players that they want to re-enage...who cares?

Even if they re-subbed 100% of every player that has ever churned from DU, it wouldn't be enough to make the product viable commercially. It wouldn't change the game's abysmal churn rates long-term. 

There's no way for DU to come back from subscription death. It isn't an issue where "people just need to give DU a shot" or "NQ just needs to promote it better".

The math just doesn't work no matter how you slice it.  

NQ has plenty of money.  Because if they needed money they would have a cash shop selling skins, or selling dac. Heck they dont even allow you to buy additional time on Steam. Nore can you buy additional time on NQ's site to gift to your friend.  Only place you can buy additional time is a 3rd party that takes 10% commision. 

I mean NQ would be pretty stupid if they needed money and had everything setup the way that they do. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 3:42 AM, RugesV said:

NQ has plenty of money.  Because if they needed money they would have a cash shop selling skins, or selling dac. Heck they dont even allow you to buy additional time on Steam. Nore can you buy additional time on NQ's site to gift to your friend.  Only place you can buy additional time is a 3rd party that takes 10% commision. 

I mean NQ would be pretty stupid if they needed money and had everything setup the way that they do. 

Well they were going to sell DACS but now theres so much Quanta it would be silly.... (missions etc)