upgrade engine option

Kormolos

hello, I think it would be a very good option if you could upgrade an engine by right-clicking on it like replacing a broken engine.

for example I have a basic engine on my ship, and I want to replace it with an advanced engine.

I put the advanced engine in my linked container and then when I right click on the basic engine, it offers to replace it with my advanced engine which is in my inventory.

without cutting the links to the tanks :)

that would be really great as an option, wouldn't it?

I can imagine following upgrade variants:
- right-click to change basic to unusual, unusual to advanced, etc.
- right-click to upgrade a normal basic to enhanced basic (flight hours give continuously upgrade points that can be spent on engines, wings, etc.), to enhanced unusual, etc.
- adding an extension into an engine slot to improve some engine stats

• 1 month later...

a good ship builder should design the original ship in away that an engine change is simple and easy to do.. if you bought a ship, where that is not easily possible, just feed that comment back to the builder and ask the question the next time before you buy a ship... than the builders will adapt and try to make it possible as it becomes important for selling their ships. On most ships i sell, i pay attention to allowing easy engines swaps. but do we need a mechanic for that.. not really.. just some more buyer awareness