Jump to content

T-48 hours


Pleione
 Share

Recommended Posts

So... its getting close.  Markee Dragon has stated that launch is at 13:00 UTC (9am Eastern), but that has not been collaborated by NQ.  Demo server has been active and used by folks like me to plan our launch sequence.

 

I have (5) sticky notes developed via the Demo for my future life as an Industrialist.

    1)  Hour 0 - where to go, what to build, what levels of Maintain to put on my starter industries , etc.

    2)  Organizational notes and a fuller outline of what is required for my starter factory, laid out by row.

    3)  Which schematics to work on to avoid lost time in that process

    4)  Early notes (like colors of surface rocks I've now memorized), links to key websites, etc.

    5)  Initial talents to be trained (first 2M points)  (1M by default, 1M for having 2FA setup - just DU it folks!)

 

Curious what other people have done to prepare and/or starting strategies?

 

I'll start with my plans to use the Outpost Station since it has the largest built-in storage (14000 L).  I'll be building a S static core as my first step (takes about 30 minutes after Talents are trained) and building my first factory off of that.  Having a larger linked container just means I'll spend less time dealing with inventory space issues.  Of course those will remain an issue until I make my first M container - after that space becomes a much smaller problem.  My first factory's goal are to kick out M containers for Org use and resale, L miners for initial internal use then resale, and factory industries to help propagate factories in my Org.

 

What are others planning on doing?  Any suggestion on other things to do in Demo to help kill time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, just a reminder:  You have until launch (well, at least through the 26th) to add subscriptions at the Beta rate.  You can do so via:

 

https://store.markeedragon.com/index.php?cat=360

 

If for some reason your reading this, but have not created your account, or any alt accounts you want to fund before the 27th, you can do so here:

 

https://www.dualuniverse.game/signup?recruiter=23449

 

Cheers!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Pleione said:

    1)  Hour 0 - where to go, what to build, what levels of Maintain to put on my starter industries , etc.

 

Starter industries? Do we get industries handed to us at start? Or are you meaning the industries you'll be making within "minutes" of hitting the harvest button first?

 

You're not going to rush through the tutorials for the free Talent Points and Quanta?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

Starter industries? Do we get industries handed to us at start? Or are you meaning the industries you'll be making within "minutes" of hitting the harvest button first?

 

You're not going to rush through the tutorials for the free Talent Points and Quanta?

 

 

I mean the ones I'll make first.  The tutorials are not going anywhere and I should have enough Quanta early on.  I just think of those as banked money.

 

eg:  Small Static Core, (3) metalworks, (3) electronics, etc.  The things I need to bootstrap a factory into a factory-making-factory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pleione said:

 

I mean the ones I'll make first.  The tutorials are not going anywhere and I should have enough Quanta early on.  I just think of those as banked money.

 

eg:  Small Static Core, (3) metalworks, (3) electronics, etc.  The things I need to bootstrap a factory into a factory-making-factory.

Thanks. I get your meaning now.

 

I believe we get a Small Static Core as part of our starter construct. How do you feel about cannibalising (or just adding on to) that, for your beginning production line(s)?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

Thanks. I get your meaning now.

 

I believe we get a Small Static Core as part of our starter construct. How do you feel about cannibalising (or just adding on to) that, for your beginning production line(s)?

 

 

That is an approach, but I timed it yesterday, and it takes me just a bit over 30 minutes to make a S Static Core, once I've set my Talents up.  I suspect it would take me that long to disassemble my starter outpost - and all the outpost have a few nice features your going to want:  Some storage to use as your initial linked container, a resurrection station, and a VR station (for doing those tutorials later).  I haven't verified, but I think that all have a station for tracking achievements as well.

 

Prior to making the S core, I had planned on using the Pilot output and build it up since it has lots of open space for industry.  However, I found myself still spending time stripping away unwanted stuff to make more room, and the resulting factory being rather unorganized (e.g. ugly in my world view).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried diassembling a starter outpost (the wave one) and it probably only took about 10 minutes but the issue I had was that it needs a linked container to disassemble into.  I ended up with my starter speeder with the S container dumped on it and full, I couldn't move it any more, my pack was full and rhe outpost still wasn't empty.

 

Perhaps others are better?

 

I'd just make an S core.  That was fairly quick with nanopack skills.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hour 0:  Queue a talent behind at least one pre-req.  Queue Schematics.  Get in landing pod, strip the brakes and airfoils upon landing and slap them on the speeder.  Hop over to market to get space flight parts keeping the weight as low as possible (park close to door for repeat trips of build mode/market to min/max cargo cap based on parts purchased).  Build the outpost and strip anything needed.  Strip the speeder and remove the core (remove any dynamic properties), deploy core fresh and build tiny cargo ship to GTFO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

Hour 0:  Queue a talent behind at least one pre-req.  Queue Schematics.  Get in landing pod, strip the brakes and airfoils upon landing and slap them on the speeder.  Hop over to market to get space flight parts keeping the weight as low as possible (park close to door for repeat trips of build mode/market to min/max cargo cap based on parts purchased).  Build the outpost and strip anything needed.  Strip the speeder and remove the core (remove any dynamic properties), deploy core fresh and build tiny cargo ship to GTFO.

 

Yeah... back in Alpha/Beta days GTFO of Alioth was my number 1 goal.  I use to like to set up camp on Jago (pretty water world).  But at least as of PTS RC1.0, Jago no longer has the basic 4 ores - so it would be hard to bootstrap there.

 

Edit:  I should note that ore distribution is rumored to change at launch from what they have shown us in Demo & PTS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pleione said:

 

Yeah... back in Alpha/Beta days GTFO of Alioth was my number 1 goal.  I use to like to set up camp on Jago (pretty water world).  But at least as of PTS RC1.0, Jago no longer has the basic 4 ores - so it would be hard to bootstrap there.

 

Edit:  I should note that ore distribution is rumored to change at launch from what they have shown us in Demo & PTS.

I think they may be catching on to us.

 

Th6G41mI_pbdvOUJ26AAZnbb0yZCWjl5zdw8wPNN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Distinct Mint said:

 

Is *anyone* going to do this just for trivial TP and quanta?

 

I will... when I'm otherwise just hanging around waiting for a factory to pop something out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally having to take sleep aids for the past 2 nights.  Not sure that will work tonight... because, you know, it might launch as early as 6pm here (0 UTC)...

 

Is it really so hard to commit to a launch time the day before when you nailed the launch date weeks ago?  And when will we be able to download the new client (or will "launch" still say 0.31 Beta?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New client is available now.  1.2GB download.  Took an unexpected 15 minutes to extract though (longer than I typically see on my SSD).

 

Launch is expected in about 30 minutes.

 

Steam download is NOT free, they want you to buy a 1 month subscription to download via Steam (~$15).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...